The Bezoar Amulet - Progress Report Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Got a new job. I will continue to update Solid and Shade as I can. But I foresee a lot of driving and sleeping in the near future, so the next few months will be touch and go. Good news is I will be in the music scene all the way across the states, so I will find plenty of inspiration to draw from...

*Still working on love interest particulars - menus and then dialogs, and then tweaking things just right...

I just got back to the forums, and WOW have I missed some great stuff.
N0ught, I'm particularly interested in the new familiars, and it's great that we're close to the new update. Good luck on your new job, N0ught!! :grin: :grin:

Thank you, and welcome aboard the good ship lollypop. Hope you like blood flavored.

Well I am back from that job. Onto bigger and better things. Working on a farm.

Haven't worked on Solid and Shade much lately. I have been so busy with real-world concerns. Last thing I implemented was earning Antihero makes the Evil faction appear.

I have been playtesting Familiars, and a few other new things, however, and everything seems pretty concrete so far.

* There was a problem with the code for Familiars, causing them to wither in an untimely fashion. Got that fixed, and Familiars now seem to work perfectly.
* I plan to add a "Check the Clock Tower" option to Cities and Castles, to get the exact time of day/night, without having to leave the settlement. This will help a lot with the zero movement distance bug.

* Added clock tower for towns and castles. It was extremely easy. On to new things...

I am currently playtesting familiars and leaning towards playtesting the succubus/incubus. Everything is going well so far. Having a ball.  :twisted:

In retrospect, I think I will remove Familiar Battles, for several reasons:

a: It is a bit like watered-down Pokemon.
b: I highly doubt an evil necromancer would surrender his army upon losing a bet, without having his ass kicked in any other way. This just seems unrealistic, without creating some dogma about how since the familiar is spiritually bound to the necromancer it will ensure he keeps his word, blah blah.
c: Certain difficulties keep occurring in the coding of it. I don't really want to spend this much time on something so trivial.

* Removed familiar battles. Already feels better.
* Game Poacher characters now gather via the Old Cookbook 25% faster.
* Expanding on some of the Vampire/Werewolf Hunter possibilities. This includes an amulet that counts as both silver and salt, and possibly cures for Lycanthropy and Porphyria.

It has been suggested, and previously I was adverse to the idea - but the Forlorn Man, being a reference to a certain Victorian age fighter of creatures of the night, seems to indicate a cure is possible. I also plan to include an ultimate reward for both Vampires and Werewolves who find a cure.

No, I think the cure should provide further immunity.

And I am considering making the "cure" for porphyria/lycanthropy an entirely positive effect - in that you still retain the positive aspects of the disease, but lose the negative aspects, namely the -6 intelligence/charisma loss and sensitivity to salt/silver. You will also stand to gain a weapon designed for hunting the opposite type of disease-bearers.

Perhaps a choice between both? That would be pleasing aesthetically, since the Vampire/Werewolf choice is essentially a matter of two-/one-handed weapons a lot of the time, and there will be those who want to shatter this convention. With what I have on my mind this already looks good.

Slayer's Amulet:
10377375_10152281251036527_279298443964698838_n.jpg

Essentially it will go like this:

*You will (insert random epic event here) and get the amulet. If you are a non-vampire/non-werewolf character, this will be somewhat of an ultimate reward - an object that can be carried to weaken both Vampires and Werewolves...
*If you are a Vampire/Werewolf yourself however, you will talk to a particular character while you have the amulet in your inventory. This will remove the amulet from your inventory, but cause a personal effect like you still have it for 30 days (making you weak in every combat during that time).
*After 30 days talk to the same character again, for the cure for your disease, and a slayer weapon.
*Or something like that.

Yeah, the choice sounds like best option. Something along the lines of choosing between taking the revenge on beasts that cursed you or due to long time fighting them, acknowledging that the other side is much more dangerous for the world.

Hey N0ught,

I'm sorry to ask but I was wondering how much more, roughly, there is to do for the next version of this mod, as I'd really like to be able to play the new version over the summer holiday?

I can't promise I will have a release ready for the end of summer - my birthday is at the end of this month, however, so it is appealing to shoot for my own birthday present. Realistically (and stylistically) I would say Halloween is more likely...

I am doing a lot of work for room and board right now, so I am fitting playtesting and game design in when I can. I do foresee quite a few bugs in the next release, due to the disjointed manner I have added things this time around - but perhaps that is just me waxing pessimistic. It all looks good so far, and where I have caught bugs they were easily squashed.

I think a few more consequences of character creation may occur, to further spice things up. You never know what the night will bring...  :twisted:

N0ught said:
I can't promise I will have a release ready for the end of summer - my birthday is at the end of this month, however, so it is appealing to shoot for my own birthday present. Realistically (and stylistically) I would say Halloween is more likely...

So that is what you mean by "I'm relatively close to a release"
You use valve time D:

Well then, I'm gonna start working now.

* I think ghosts have been neglected a bit, so I have started working on a fairly epic little homage to a certain horror flick series. I think many of you will be delighted, in that there will also be a treasure-hunting element to it, and a very... very... odd creature to recruit. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom