Hegemony 268 ALPHA VERSION for 1.010/1.011

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaDelta

Banned
Hegemony 268 ALPHA VERSION for 1.010/1.011

This version works with 1.010/1.011 but is an INCOMPLETE ALPHA version. Many factions lack troops and there are some bugs. However it's fun, looks good and generally works.

I'm uploading it due to almost 2 years of stagnated development and in the hope that

A) People will enjoy it.
B) People will improve it.
C) Somebody will port it to Warband
D) So that it no longer rots away on my hard disk.

It is the combined effort of many many modders, artists and scripters. Notably Ealabor, Stelious, Shifty, PuuKKo, Llew2, Lord Kosmos, Talon, Mirathei, Merlkir, William Berne, Tiberius, SPQ, Cool Guy, Alxcruel, myself, the Legions mod team and the Legions mod extended. Check the associated forums and readmes from previous versions for author details.

If you dont want to try an unfinished mod then DON'T download this version. Wait for Ealabor to finish his version of the mod.

You need a program that can unpack .7z files: http://www.7-zip.org/

If someone can make a .torrent version that would be great.

Cheers

the thing is,there should be something released so people can get excited ,two years are too much for waiting,lots of people lost any hope that this will be ever released.But all members of the team should agree with this release

Alright, this **** has gone far enough.

First off, i'm still developing the mod and have not resigned from doing so. On this, your actions are deplorable, as you have not even elicited the permissions from people involved in the mod.

One of the reasons, amongst several others of which content is being reworked from the mod is that some of "your" contributions has been done under plagiarism from other authors' work.

It's not enough that you should show up after the longest time and try and start an argument in my forum, but then for you to release the work of an active modder still working on the project, without the consent and permissions from the authors included is just outright deplorable.

And you would know about the dispute of your textures if you had bothered to be active with the rest of the contributors, as it was discussed in the developer forum on the Exilian website. This made me call into question any other works you contributed, and with the actions you show now, and the fact that you've never been around to where these accounts of the plagiarism can be discussed, quite frankly at this point i'd rather be rid of it.

In regards to the plagiarism, this from PSYCHO V:

I don't know Alpha Delta and whether he's taken them directly, copied them or been 'inspired'.. it matters little. My 'assertion'... (and I have all the originals (from 7 years ago) stored on disk somewhere)

This the texture of the woad in question:
chest2.jpg

And this is PSYCHO's work from EB:
ebunitpsychoshortswords.jpg

This the one on the right is a closer look at them that I pulled out for the sake of the investigation of the initial dispute:
compare.jpg

But I guess such issues of plagiarism are meaningless for you, since you could give **** all about the situation, and the fact that I care about contributors work and would like to have proper credits resolved before any release of a mod, which you show disdain for by releasing the mod with no mention of contributions, nor do you even know who all of them are, and have made public works which are under the question of plagiarism.

So now, anything labelled with 'AD' should seek out resolving issues with the original author first

At this point, if any of your contributions are legit, I could care **** all. If you wanted to release said work to the public, that could have been a choice you could have made. But for you to release others work without consent, you're out of line jack.

If you bother to look at the work in you've posted here you can see that while the design is the same, the art work is 100% original.  I used some sources as inspiration and used design elements from other games and mods. However, no file or texture sample was used. Every pixel was repainted by hand.

If you really believed there was any plagiarism you would have come to me with this long ago. Clearly you are just pissed off. Whatever.

I'm getting in contact with PSYCHO V now to check if he really believes there is plagiarism.

Cheers

If you really believed there was any plagiarism you would have come to me with this long ago. Clearly you are just pissed off. Whatever.

Yeah? I've sent you the PM for the dev forum which you never acknowledged me in PM back.

Forum is there too, so it can all be glossed over in retrospect.

Don't worry about it. I've emailed Psycho V and PM'd him on TWC.NET and the ORG so we'll see what he says.

Heh, it turns out you did the very same alpha posting on an open public forum nearly a year ago. Why are you *****ing at me? You posted without my permission of course, no credit at all in that post...But why should you give a **** what I think, you're the king of the castle right... http://exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=964.0

Topic: 268 B.C. "Alpha"  (Read 131 times)
ealabor
  268 B.C. "Alpha"

http://www.filefront.com/16955611/2k6t8l.zip

I'm just going to put it up there and let you guys poke around at what's been accomplished, and what needs to be done since you've waited quite a while.

What goes around, comes around.

ealabor said:
But I guess such issues of plagiarism are meaningless for you, since you could give **** all about the situation, and the fact that I care about contributors work and would like to have proper credits resolved before any release of a mod, which you show disdain for by releasing the mod with no mention of contributions, nor do you even know who all of them are, and have made public works which are under the question of plagiarism.

I understand you Eleabor. I hope you get enough time to work on your version (the version). Looking forward to it.

Whoa.. what is going on here.. little internal conflict Elabor?

I hope all gets resolved.

and in this matter.. I have to stand by E since he is a long time friend on the forum... right/wrong or indifferent.

damn.. I hope you are right E. :wink:
(sounds like we are about to get in a parking lot brawl)

Make sure you send him to this thread too, so he can confirm the issue.

And for sake of recap here is the entirety of the conversation in the dev forum in full:

Me:
Before you edited your post, you had some other bit about the woads which you commented on. You linked the pics, 1 done by me, and 2 others done by Alpha Delta. You mentioned that it was your first time using photoshop.

Now I know the source of my work on that woad, and it's not EB. I know Alpha Delta was inspired by some EB images when he did his textures.

I don't think he would have ripped textures. Was that your assertion?

Psycho
I don't know Alpha Delta and whether he's taken them directly, copied them or been 'inspired'.. it matters little. My 'assertion'... (and I have all the originals (from 7 years ago) stored on disk somewhere)

I deleted it because it made me sound like I had an issue with it.. which I don't. I'm kinda honoured that others have valued the work. I did alot of original work for EB and I'm continually surprised how much has been use directly or indirectly in almost every mod I've seen.

He says he doesn't have an issue with it, which he really may or may not. But he does show ownership of the work, in " I'm kinda honoured that others have valued the work", and "My 'assertion'...".

And it still does not detract from the fact that I will still have an issue. I will like to properly credit people for the work they've done, and I took to your stance at the beginning of the discussion (since you stopped involving yourself with the mod) that you were inspired and perhaps not ripped it. So who gets credit for it, you or PSYCHO? When concerning historicty, theres alot that goes into a pattern, and in this case the pattern could be derrived from work which more work, in that such a pattern could have been researched from investigation of what themes the particular Celts would use at the time.

The rest of the conversation resumes as such:

Me
Well, I inquire because I try and be cautious about the content that goes into the mod.

I don't want to release a mod which has had work from contributors, that has been derrived from other modders work without permission. If thats the case then you have every right to have an issue with it.

Certainly myself and AD have been inspired by imagery and work from EB, and have made work of it, and no where was there ever a directive, at least on my part to rip work directly off the mod. And I don't think AD would have participated in such a thing himself.

That being said, the similarities of his pattern is unmistakable with yours:
(pic here)

It doesn't look like a copy/paste job. You can tell that much of the pattern is not exact, and if you look closer you can see that he used a single sized round-smooth brush to draw the pattern. His edges being round, whereas yours are sharp, and used with with a smaller brush for finer points.

Likely he matched your pattern next to a blank chest skin side by side and drew it from there. Of course thats speculation, and ultimately its only something he can answer to.

I can understand if you are unsettled with that, and I'd have no problem pulling his texture without reserve.

Psycho
No.. there's no prob mate... which is why I deleted that post. I was merely pointing it out. I mod because I like to think my labours help bring enjoyment to my fellow gamers / history buffs, not because I seek some sort of hallowed glory / recognition (albeit recognition is still nice).

You are free to use anything of mine.

He is still showing ownership there and hinting at credit.

So I opt to try and do the right thing to resolve the proper credits issue discussed further:

Me
No, I have no desire to use anything of yours, unless its made directly for the mod by you.

And i'm about crediting people for the work they are responsible for, which still leaves the issue unresolved, because in the end someone will have to be credited for the texture.

And as is stands, looking at the two in contrast, it's definitely your pattern originally, though it's also my impression that AD made a reproduction of your work, though he's not around to confirm that. If that's the case, then that's not something i've waxed philosophical on, on how that credit should be considered.

Looking at the other thread, you seem to have some ideas about what should be done with some woad designs. You also have the capacity to do something about it, so I could send you a texture sheet with bare chest, to which you would only need apply some woad schemes, and those can be used in place of the work under discrepency, and that would solve the whole issue.

It was obvious to me that Psy might have had an issue with it, and it wasn't my intent to step on anyone's shoes, so I thought to resolve it by bringing up the solution to just replace it alltogether.

And the logical next step then that made me ponder on the rest of your work.

But above all of this, if you were unsettled with the progress, then publicize "your" work, not everyone else's too jackass, of which none of is even credited. Funny how you should assert the contributors work isn't acknowledged, and you havent even so much as credited one single person, let alone you don't even know who half of them even are.

Also nice thread title, 264 B.C. .. GG. Shows your level of commitment to the mod overall.

So Psycho V doesn't think I plagiarized his work? And you knew that before your tirade and f-bomb abuse? You just tried to gain some sort of moral leverage? And worst of all you still try and discredit my entire body of work?  :roll: Now perhaps you understand why I ended comms with you.

Re crediting: I've tried to credit everyone that has been listed on forums and listed in readme's.

Cheers

Did you read the rest of the post?

No.. there's no prob mate... which is why I deleted that post. I was merely pointing it out. I mod because I like to think my labours help bring enjoyment to my fellow gamers / history buffs, not because I seek some sort of hallowed glory / recognition (albeit recognition is still nice).

I reckon that makes me an ******* for considering PSYCHO's work he put into the pattern, and wanting to resolve the issue for everyone. And I even spoke on your behalf throughout the discussion, even after we had our falling out over the troop trees.

As I said it made me consider the rest of your work, what if I should release the mod, and I have other folks come swarming me, who aren't so understanding as PSYCHO, if he wasn't truly upset over the matter to begin with. You never came around, and if you were you could have been present to settle at least that issue, which never occured as you never responded to me sending you PM about the forum.

But you stopped coming around because you threw a temper tantrum when I didn't make the Dacian troop tree to your specifications.

So here we are now, on this grand stage of drama as you often aspire to have occur. Again if you were upset at me for whatever reasons, or my progress, or the way I comb my hair, shouldn't you have just released only the work to which you credit yourself responsible, instead of being inconsiderate to the others in the process?

well.. that is interesting..

Which way "Do" you comb your hair?? I hope you are not one of those part it down the middle kind of guys..

sorry.. I am just trying to loosen up the atmosphere..

Re crediting: I've tried to credit everyone that has been listed on forums and listed in readme's.

No, that is not the entirety of contributors. But i'm sure you couldn't care less to be bothered knowing their names, just so long as this action serves your time in the spotlight with this stunt.

And still, you've posted the wrong mod date. It's actually 268 B.C., though again this shows your commitment to grandstanding, rather than to the mod.

You posted this in the main forum:
My words are brash and hopefully they whip up a productive response.

So there it is, your troll has whipped up a productive response from me. I could ask that you suspend the link, and publicize the textures you've done (crediting my models and maps if you mean to include our shared work) if you are upset about it, rather than the entirety of the alpha mod without permission from me, and without the full acknowledgement of those that have contributed over the years, but that would be a reasonable thing to do.

That might be just about all that you can get out of me with this incite to strife this go. I'm not sure what else can be said on the matter. If you're not going to consider the thoughts of others, least of which mine in the process, then I guess thats it.

I'm not sure how you can attempt to preach about considering other contributors when you already released the mod on a public forum without crediting anyone. http://exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=964.0

All I've done is re-post something you've already released. The only difference ofcourse was that I atleast attempted to credit those who worked on the mod.

And yep I made a mistake on the year..268 not 264, might be my dyslexia.

It's not a public forum, it's the password protected developer forum for the contributors and mod team Einstein.

I thought it important to let those that have contributed to see what progress had been made. All of those people are contributors in a password protected forum on exilian. It's not a public release.

Or was I being inconsiderate to allow those that have contributed to look at the progress?

So...what is this version? A year old alpha? The current state of the mod? Argument aside it is out and I for one will be taking a peek at it, though I'm assuming it's probably too early in dev to be played beyond bug testing, still, I'd like to know what I'm peeking at.

As for plagiarism, it's kind of a **** move to upload this here without permission, but you can't actually plagiarise other peoples work in a historically accurate mod..plagiarism is the goal, and if an artist *isn't* plagiarising, then his work shouldn't even be in a mod, if the objective of that mod is historic accuracy.

If he just ctrl-c'd things and passed it off as his own however, that's called theft, and is rather different.

That forum is not in any way, shape, or form password protected. I don't even have an account on that forum and there's no prompt for password entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom