Weather

Users who are viewing this thread

I thought it was just a penny arcade episode as you an see from the incredibly stupid faces the guy in the hat is making.

We had some monstrous thunderstorm few days back at night. Never seen so many ****ing lightening strikes at the same time. Almost like in the War of the Worlds only without any girly-running midgets.

Went looking for my dog, searched pretty much every corner, only to find her later on inside the house hiding under my bed. Must've slipped past me while I was on the porch. I swear, one of those days I'll ship her to my sis. In a box with pink ribbon and wish you good luck card.

FrisianDude said:
Absolute lies. Sunshine and dryness is far superior if you're working outside in a field.
You must live someplace cold or dry, because people quite literally die around here if they try working in the sun. We get these poor Mexican immigrants who think that they can take the heat just because they're from out west. Then they learn that our humidity rarely drops below 50, but they still feel compelled to soldier on. We usually see more ambulances for sun stroke than we do for car wrecks at this time of year.

Shatari said:
FrisianDude said:
Absolute lies. Sunshine and dryness is far superior if you're working outside in a field.
You must live someplace cold or dry, because people quite literally die around here if they try working in the sun. We get these poor Mexican immigrants who think that they can take the heat just because they're from out west. Then they learn that our humidity rarely drops below 50, but they still feel compelled to soldier on. We usually see more ambulances for sun stroke than we do for car wrecks at this time of year.

Dry doesn't necessarily mean easier to live in. It's a different type of danger here from the heat. The dryness aids the speed of dehydration incredibly. It's not unheard of people getting dehydrated to the point of death after 8 hours of working outside because of dry heat. Really, it all depends on what you've grown up with. I grew up in a humid climate, so that's what I'm able to handle. I can't stand the dry heat, I feel completely parched all the time and it feels like your body is literally baking. Humidity on the other hand I feel fine, if maybe hotter, I'm accustomed to it though.

Oddly enough, I grew up in a humid region and it stymies me, but when my family did some volunteer work for a Reservation out west, I had no trouble at all with a dry heat well into the 90's. I think it's as much a matter of genetics as anything.

And it's a great place to live if you can ignore the rioting, kids ****ing about in your own garden, people throwing **** at other houses and being treated like a prick if you're a Catholic going to a Protestant area (or the other way around).

When I'm about 40, I might move to Finland.

It was **** cold for some weeks until some time, like, 8º in Rio, this is not common.
Now it's back to the same old ****, hot as ****.

And I want to move to Ireland one day, I'm not even kidding.

Bad weather?

I've seen it go from blizzard conditions to shorts are necessary in 4 hours. I've also seen it do the other way around.

Microbursts are an unreal experience. It was possibly the most epic(deliberate choice of the word) thing I've ever heard. The first pic was a block from where I lived. The sound of 1 inch diameter hail being blows downward was deafening.

The ice storm here from years ago left the city without power for 10 days. there were 9 foot heaps of tree limbs lining the curbs of every neighborhood street. It was like everyone was fortifying their homes. Listen to how often they were falling on day 3 Damage was even worse the the microburst. Whole mature trees were uprooted.

~5 years ago it did not rain for 6 months.  1/3 of the trees died. This area of Oklahoma is heavily forested.

Last year was record snow fall and record low temperatures. -20f and 2 feet of snow. Keep in mind this is considered subtropical by some standards. and gets 100F+ in summer on a regular basis.

a year before that, it was 95f in November.

IN the 1930s, the Dust Bowl was the single largest man made ecological disaster in modern history. The desertification of the fertile cresent is the only other one I can think of that's bigger. 

Oh, and Tornadoes.

There is a saying that originated here. If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes.

Yeomann's not encouraging you to stay in Brazil as such, he's discouraging you from going to Ireland. I have no opinion on that matter either, though I would say that Brazil wouldn't be my preferred place to live (No offence to those that like living there, just my opinion).

It's not as bad as I joke about it, it's quite a nice place if you disregard the ****load of political-social problems (and believe me, disregarding those is in the blood of the Brazilian).
Ireland is just beautiful though, and I like most things about the country.

Yeah, I've heard bad things about Brazil as well. I don't know how bad it actually is there, but I've heard it's bad there.

Also, I think we should all move to Finland.

Back
Top Bottom