My laptop is on the verge of dying a fiery death and I'd much prefer it didn't!

Users who are viewing this thread

Try using compressed air to clean the laptop. You can usually find it on can. Keep in mind that if your computer keeps overheating you can get permanent damages on it.

First thing I'd do is make sure the cpu isn't running high. If some background thing or malware is chewing your cpu, that could be causing it to heat up quickly.

Archonsod said:
FrisianDude said:
What's so spectacularly stupid about vista 32 bit on a four gb laptop? I have vista 32 bit on a three gb one.
Considering it's designed for a 2Gb limit, I have no idea.
Err... ah. Oh. Hmm. :???: Odd then that it was bought as 32 bit Vista on 3gb.

Bump because I've noticed something stupid. I've got a few scans I run pretty often now and I just saw it when doing a quick scan. The programme scanned files called Trojan.win32 and backdoor loader and other such highly worrying and rather puzzling crap.

The programme mentions these things but doesn't say "Hey, we gotta get rid of this" while it seems obvious I should get rid of it though I have no idea how and it's ****ing annoying.

I don't know about that ****, but I do know that cleaning your laptop helps. My brother opened up my laptop today and cleaned it.
Whilst normally being at 80 celcius whilst browsing and 100 ( causing it to shutdown at around 105) + whilst playing a game it is currently 80 whilst playing League of Legends, browsing with multiple tabs AND bloodbowl at the same time :3

Buy a desktop, problem solved.

8735752.jpg

AWdeV said:
So, yeah. My laptop has recently taken to becoming insanely hot and I have no clue what causes it. Its probably to do with the power-thingy as mentioned elsewhere but is there any way I can reduce the speed at which it heats up?

I've been at the computer for an hour now roughly, doing nothing more than messing about on the internet and reading threads here and there, but the thing is still hot. Trying to play a game is annoying because I'd first need to put the laptop on stand-by, unplugged, for an hour to cool it down, after which I have roughly half an hour before its such a blazing inferno again that I either need to put it on stand-by again or wait for it to turn itself off!

Does anyone have any tips on reducing the heat? It's a bit of a waste of time to wait 10 minutes for Europa Universalis to boot and only getting to play for half an hour before having to shut it down again.

My friend came to my house with the same problem just a few days ago, after looking at the BIOS I have discovered that there is an option to shut down a fan while laptop is on adapter(this option actually reduces the speed of fan and although you think the fan works it does not work properly), after enabling a fan "while on adapter" the problem was resolved!

There is a possibility that software update or a virus can disable this option, so check that out and let me know. Oh and you will have to search a bit in BIOS since I can't remember where exactly I found the option.

It's nice that AW and Frisian have finally stopped pretending to be different people.

Back
Top Bottom