Any mods for mount and blade: with fire and sword?

Users who are viewing this thread

There is none. I cant explean it that good, but the studio has to release a thing that allows for modding. So now no one can make mods.

Like those before me have said, it all requires a 'module' system to be ported for this particular version of Mount&Blade, this is the same tool that the developers used to make all the content of this game.. This is because the content that makes up the game are python read as text. This makes it hard for us humans to read. As such, Modders are waiting for this tool that holds all the variables and such for the game. Now, you may be wondering why if the original developers had this tool, why don't they just release it; well the original WFaS was for the original M&B engine, and it was just ported to this engine (Variant of the M&B engine). As such, features are missing, and as there is no module editing tool for this variant of the engine (or the additions I bet will be added soon, meaning they can't exactly 'finish' it). This might make you feel ripped off, but it shouldn't your money was well spent, as they are supporting this product even after release; and not just fixes, but entirely new features will be added to M&BWFaS. Anywho yeah...I suck at writing concluding sentences.

Disclaimer: The above text may be COMPLETELY wrong, its just what I have gathered from my brain after reading these forums (but staying silent), for a couple of years

Assassin123 said:
They are bringing the Warband Module thing to Fire and Sword
yes, Nox said that once the module system has been released to the public he will add some Warband features to WFaS

I suggest getting warband instead of waiting for them to add modding support for WFaS, not only it would take a while for some good mods to get made, but also I think modders wouldn't migrate to WFaS because seriously there's nothing in it that would greatly benefit them, the firearm system is already in use in some warband mods like  the old frontier that works beautifully, and other than firearms WFaS has literally nothing to offer over warband.

I heard that any warband mods would work natively on WFaS, but don't know if that's  true (problems would definitely rise and I doubt warband modders would go out of their way to fix them for WFaS), but even then I would get Warband anyway, it's an great game by it's own and already has lots of fantastic mods, Prophecy of Pendor being my favorite so far.

The only thing WFAS has to offer over Warband is the caravan system, the upgrade system for towns and villages/appointments, and then the new commands.

Only thing keeping me playing WFAS is the sheer awesomeness of watching a looter party charge towards my line of Life Guards and falling like so many ninepins.

AdmiralNelson6262 said:
people do realise that all item osp packs from warband work with wfas? it is the same engine, and so installs correctly. i have been using narfs armour pack for a good while now with no problems.
do you recommend any packs?

AdmiralNelson6262 said:
there is narfs rus pack which goes quite well with the setting, but this is a link to a collection of good ones in one download:http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,113570.0.html

then if i am right the warband module system would work on WFAS aswell. the ONLY problem is that singleplayer is well not playable

AdmiralNelson6262 said:
there is narfs rus pack which goes quite well with the setting, but this is a link to a collection of good ones in one download:http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,113570.0.html
so any of those files also work in WFaS too?

yes i just got this game on steam i am looking forward  to some mods like water loo  with muskets  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom