MP Modern Fantasy The Innovations Of Steam ( a steampunk mod)

Users who are viewing this thread

If this mod actually shows progress (meaning it won't fall apart after a couple of weeks) I'd certainly be willing to make some contributions.

A young vampire said:
Oh don't you worry. I won't let this die. Too many steampunk mods have died already. And i won't let this be one of them.
Glad to hear. Seriously, don't let this die. :wink: I'll try to contribute as much as I can to see this through.

J12-19 said:
Making good progress on the steam gun, I'm liking how it looks so far. Will show an update soon!

Edit:
Okay done after hours and hours of work. I'm ready to pass out now. I'll texture it, eventually.
supercoolsteamgun2.jpg

supercoolsteamgun4.jpg

supercoolsteamgun.jpg

supercoolsteamgun3.jpg

That looks really great, J12. The polycount could be a bit excessive though. How much are you sitting at so far? Oh, and it would be nice to give credit to chrislazzer for the awesome reference. I look forward to seeing it textured, you have been improving immensely!

Mandible said:
J12-19 said:
Making good progress on the steam gun, I'm liking how it looks so far. Will show an update soon!

Edit:
Okay done after hours and hours of work. I'm ready to pass out now. I'll texture it, eventually.
supercoolsteamgun2.jpg

supercoolsteamgun4.jpg

supercoolsteamgun.jpg

supercoolsteamgun3.jpg

That looks really great, J12. The polycount could be a bit excessive though. How much are you sitting at so far? Oh, and it would be nice to give credit to chrislazzer for the awesome reference. I look forward to seeing it textured, you have been improving immensely!

I'll be sure to credit him. I think the polycount is around 4,000 , I'm learning highpoly baking so we'll see if that is a problem. Thanks for the compliment!

Mandible said:
4000 is much too high for Mount and Blade. I hope you can make a reasonable low-poly model.

How much Mount&Blade allows at limit?

There is no limit per se (as far as I know) but really, a model that complex will start slowing the game down, especially if its handed out to multiple troops. Most Warband weapons stay below 300 and I don't think that any of them go above 1000.

joseph590 said:
Mandible said:
4000 is much too high for Mount and Blade. I hope you can make a reasonable low-poly model.
not that high for a model
*Sigh* here we go again. Someone explain it to him please? I've tried.

Edit:
Okay, I needed a break from learning how to texture with Maya 3D(new program as mentioned before), I made this.(Yes my break from modeling is modeling something else)
supercoolsteamrifle.jpg

supercoolsteamrifle3.jpg

supercoolsteamrifle4.jpg

supercoolsteamrifle2.jpg

442 faces un triangulated. I will work on lowering this gun's poly as well. But texturing will go slowly, as said before, I'm using a new program so I'm still learning.

Okay, Steam Pistol is now at 900 triangles, compared to...maybe 8-9,000 of before. Steam rifle is also a 900 triangles.

Edit:
And this thing is pretty cool.
Full86790.jpg

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/steam-rifle---ultimate-construction-kit/86790

I'd love to get involved, currently doing games design at uni so I should be qualified enough... :grin:
not keen on texturing though, so I'd prefer to just model things then offload all my models onto someone else! Ha ha.

Just let me know what you need.  :mrgreen:

(I will do texturing if needed but what is the set up with the textures for M&B?

maddog850 said:
I'd love to get involved, currently doing games design at uni so I should be qualified enough... :grin:
not keen on texturing though, so I'd prefer to just model things then offload all my models onto someone else! Ha ha.

Just let me know what you need.  :mrgreen:

(I will do texturing if needed but what is the set up with the textures for M&B?

That is exactly what I do! But I'll never learn like that so I'm texturing my own things from now on.

Yeah I suppose ha ha, I figure as long as I don't have to normal map... I should be okay... D:

Also, steampunk doesn't just have to be guns... You can still have swords in there for close quarters fighting... What d'you think?
Steampunk_Sword_by_trowicia.png

Back
Top Bottom