Humans can see into the past. Is it scientifically possible to also see future?

Users who are viewing this thread

ancalimon said:
Well that happens to me. But I guess it happens to everybody else. We call it Dejavu. What's the condition for that to happen? It only happens to me in when I wake up during REM sleep but keep inactive. (and do not OOBE)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%A9j%C3%A0_vu#Scientific_Researches

(What An4sh said.)

GökTürkHakaniKemal said:
Seriously this can be true because:İn İslam it says there is a destiny which is already wroten and everything that is goign to happen is planned.
And why do you believe what Islam says? (Sorry, forum.)

Papa Lazarou said:
ancalimon said:
Well that happens to me. But I guess it happens to everybody else. We call it Dejavu. What's the condition for that to happen? It only happens to me in when I wake up during REM sleep but keep inactive. (and do not OOBE)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%A9j%C3%A0_vu#Scientific_Researches

GökTürkHakaniKemal said:
Seriously this can be true because:İn İslam it says there is a destiny which is already wroten and everything that is goign to happen is planned.
And why do you believe what Islam says? (Sorry, forum.)
Nah,for me it's enaugh evidence.I think same thing in christianity...

An4Sh said:
Bulle said:
Once I sort of saw into the future. I literally saw two things that happened before they happened and it really creeped me out. When it happened the first time I just thought it was a coincidence, but when it happened again I really found it creepy. But did I really see into the future? I have no idea, all I know is that I saw two things that came true.

If you're referring to Deja vu then odds are you just thought you saw the future when it was actually the present.
No, it was not a Deja vu. It was something I thought of which literally came true 2-3 minutes later in the first case and 10 minutes later in the second case.

well since religions try to be a bit logical, it's not strange to find something about fate there..  As I said it's illogical to think that there is no fate.

Now about those mirrors. Does anyone know if it's possible to slow down the movement of light between mirrors so that we can look into the past of a location. It would clear up everything about the past.

Deja vu is just the mind playing tricks on itself. Plus, it's a feeling, not sight. Plus it only happens when something is already happening, so if it is a vision it's not a very useful one.

Also, I'm constantly predicting the future, and I'm usually right. That's called observation and analysis, not precognition.

Slowing down light isn't useful for seeing the past. Light can only show you where it has already been. If you want to freeze light to have a permanent record of the past, it's called a photograph.

Radalan said:
ancalimon said:
As I said it's illogical to think that there is no fate.

Why's that?
Yeah, why so? I want to believe in fate, but I just cant think of all that much evidence for it.

Bulle said:
An4Sh said:
Bulle said:
Once I sort of saw into the future. I literally saw two things that happened before they happened and it really creeped me out. When it happened the first time I just thought it was a coincidence, but when it happened again I really found it creepy. But did I really see into the future? I have no idea, all I know is that I saw two things that came true.

If you're referring to Deja vu then odds are you just thought you saw the future when it was actually the present.
No, it was not a Deja vu. It was something I thought of which literally came true 2-3 minutes later in the first case and 10 minutes later in the second case.
Damn, I actually go through this relatively often. There was a period about a year ago, when I woke up in the morning, I had a dream where stuff happened, and the exact same thing happened later that day. It happened every day for about a week, kinda startled me, but I thought it was cool.

Radalan said:
ancalimon said:

Why's that?

Because fate works both ways in time.  If you didn't do something in the past, it's not possible to change what you didn't do in the past.  If you are not going to do something in the future, you can not change it. You can not do something different than what you were going to do in the future.

Think of it.  If you are going to the past in the future and monitor that time period now, you must be able to see yourself there...

Well I need that contraption made of mirrors to see for myself. It's easy to do it if there's a way to slow down light.

Hyperion said:
Bulle said:

Sure it wasn't just a hit and miss prediction?
Well, uh, let me explain what happened. I was on a school trip to a lovely island called Gotland, it was early summer and we stayed in some cottages close to a beach. One evening I thought to myself that it would be nice to go down to the beach and skinny dip (we were free to go wherever we wanted). I thought to myself that I will meet my math teacher down by the hill, even though I had no information about where he was in the first place or why he would even be there. Truly enough, I came down the hill and I met my math teacher, who was speaking on his phone. We said hello to each other and I continued down to the beach. I thought for myself that my math teacher will go down to the beach and that he will see me coming out of the water, completely naked. And well, that was just what happened. So two things that I thought of came true in a not very good way.  :oops:

Hyperion said:
Thought it was something like that.
Sure it wasn't just a coincidence that you happened to remember just because it actually happened?
No, I was actively thinking about it before it happened. But of course, all of this could just be a coincidence.

Did you also think you were the only one who enjoys the beach? You were also probably nervous about skinnydipping, which made you think about getting caught.

Hyperion said:
You know how often I go around thinking stuff like that?
Some of are bound to hit. The rest is forgotten.
Thing is that those were the only things I thought would happen. And they did. But it was more in a "with my luck" kind of way of thinking.
Mage246 said:
Did you also think you were the only one who enjoys the beach? You were also probably nervous about skinnydipping, which made you think about getting caught.
Considering it was around 23 in the evening I really didn't think that anyone else would come down there. But apparently he did. He said that he wanted to watch the stars. From the beach. Talk about awkward moment.
Papa Lazarou said:
She's hardly saying she believes in ESP.
Indeed, it was most likely just a coincidence. But a creepy one at that.

ancalimon said:
Radalan said:
ancalimon said:

Why's that?

Because fate works both ways in time.  If you didn't do something in the past, it's not possible to change what you didn't do in the past.  If you are not going to do something in the future, you can not change it. You can not do something different than what you were going to do in the future.

Think of it.  If you are going to the past in the future and monitor that time period now, you must be able to see yourself there...

Well I need that contraption made of mirrors to see for myself. It's easy to do it if there's a way to slow down light.
? Fate is the idea that certain things are going to happen, and there is nothing you can do about it. Whether EVERYTHING is fated, or you have choices about certain things is also there, but whatever. There's a story about a guy who sees Death. Scared, he runs to another town. Death is worried that he saw this guy in this town because he was supposed to kill him that night, but in a different town. In fact, the town that the guy ran to...

The fact that you can't change what you did isn't fate, that's just how time works. And how do you know that you can't change what you will do in the future? With fate, certain things will happen and you can't do anything about it. Without fate, then things just happen. Ultimately, whether or not you believe in fate doesn't change anything. Well, unless a society really really believes in fate and anything that happens is justified as "it was fated to happen so we cannot do anything about it."

343glt5.jpg

Rewjeo said:
ancalimon said:
Radalan said:
ancalimon said:

Why's that?

? Fate is the idea that certain things are going to happen, and there is nothing you can do about it. Whether EVERYTHING is fated, or you have choices about certain things is also there, but whatever. There's a story about a guy who sees Death. Scared, he runs to another town. Death is worried that he saw this guy in this town because he was supposed to kill him that night, but in a different town. In fact, the town that the guy ran to...

The fact that you can't change what you did isn't fate, that's just how time works. And how do you know that you can't change what you will do in the future? With fate, certain things will happen and you can't do anything about it. Without fate, then things just happen. Ultimately, whether or not you believe in fate doesn't change anything. Well, unless a society really really believes in fate and anything that happens is justified as "it was fated to happen so we cannot do anything about it."

If you consider that there's the past and the future, the reality of fate becomes obvious. From the right perspective, the future and the past are irrelevant. They are the same things. Because time is relative. When you think that the only real is you, fate becomes meaningless for you and within this limit the possibility of you realizing fate does not exist. When you realize that everything exists and think that you become everything or at least two different things (thus two different times seen from a single perspective but one peerless moment shared by two different perspectives) at the same time, the future and the past becomes contained within a circle. How many branches of reality exists within this circle, I can only guess (4 maybe?). But it's not necessary to prove that fate exists. It's simply logic, some grasp it, some grasp it later, some cease to exist before getting the chance to grasp it.

Back
Top Bottom