Humans can see into the past. Is it scientifically possible to also see future?

Users who are viewing this thread

As you know, the further we look, the more into the past we see; meaning the further we stand from an object and look at it, the more in the past we see that object.
What I wonder is whether there is some way to see how that object looked in the future or not. I'm guessing that it's not possible at all.

Also I thought of another thing:
If there was a way to travel in time to the past and also monitor how a predetermined location on Earth looked in the past at a given time period "realtime", if you weren't able to see yourself in that predetermined location on Earth in that predetermined time in past, would this mean that you were never able to travel back in time to that location meaning it is fate?
:It's in your fate that you were never able to travel back in time to that location to that time?

You need two things to look into the future. A tall building and a weight. Tie the weight on your ankles and jump off the top of the tall building. You'll see flashes of the future.

FrisianDude said:
No. And I have no idea why you drew 'fate' in to this?

I mean you are not "free" to go there whatever you do because you can not see yourself there?

I just thought something:  A machine made of mirrors will enable us to see the past. How do you build something like that? Can you slow down the movement of light between the mirrors?  Or if you can make light travel faster between the mirrors, you'll be able to see the future I guess?

It is really quite simple, one must simply purchase and consume vast amounts of vodka. Thereby you are able to see into the future, the past and even the present!

Naturally, one needs to wear a top hat whilst drinking for this to work properly.

Source: Vodka

ancalimon said:
Vadermath said:
...are you mad?

What's wrong?

You did not pay the required toll to post.

Vadermath, as a Serbian forumite is required to beat anyone who fails to pay this paltry sum with a frying pan.

It was part of the settlement between Serbia and the great nation of New Zealand.

We can see the past because of the nature of light and its speed. For the same reason, we can only see things that are far in the past that are also very far away from us. To see the future would require the light from an action to exist before the action itself, which is impossible. You'd also have to be very close by and you'd likely only have a fraction of a second of a view into the future.

Hmm, I think that in order to see in the future, fate has to exist. The future we would see has to happen, what else could you be seeing?

How would this be possible, no idea. Just my two cents.

Mage246 said:
We can see the past because of the nature of light and its speed. For the same reason, we can only see things that are far in the past that are also very far away from us. To see the future would require the light from an action to exist before the action itself, which is impossible. You'd also have to be very close by and you'd likely only have a fraction of a second of a view into the future.

Well that happens to me. But I guess it happens to everybody else. We call it Dejavu. What's the condition for that to happen? It only happens to me in when I wake up during REM sleep but keep inactive. (and do not OOBE)

Comrade Temuzu said:
Hmm, I think that in order to see in the future, fate has to exist. The future we would see has to happen, what else could you be seeing?

How would this be possible, no idea. Just my two cents.

Yes fate exists. It's apparent. It's completely illogical for fate to not exist.

Once I sort of saw into the future. I literally saw two things that happened before they happened and it really creeped me out. When it happened the first time I just thought it was a coincidence, but when it happened again I really found it creepy. But did I really see into the future? I have no idea, all I know is that I saw two things that came true.

2mycikp.jpg

:grin:
Seriously this can be true because:İn İslam it says there is a destiny which is already wroten and everything that is goign to happen is planned.

Bulle said:
Once I sort of saw into the future. I literally saw two things that happened before they happened and it really creeped me out. When it happened the first time I just thought it was a coincidence, but when it happened again I really found it creepy. But did I really see into the future? I have no idea, all I know is that I saw two things that came true.

If you're referring to Deja vu then odds are you just thought you saw the future when it was actually the present.

Back
Top Bottom