[M] Madmin - Open Source, Native Compatible Admin Tools

Users who are viewing this thread

Is everything working for you? It looked like your output folder didn't exist, so you'd have to change it in module_info.py

Also, sorry I didn't answer you on the CEG board; I was working on this.

Ok... basically, I've done this, it seems to export sounds, skills, animations, tracks all of the things that were normally here, but it still cannot define "Item" "Presentation" etc...

This is my Module_info...
Code:
# Point export_dir to the folder you will be keeping your module
# Make sure you use forward slashes (/) and NOT backward slashes (\)

export_dir = "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\Native"
#export_dir = "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\Native"

I'm really grateful for the help lads, very patient too, as I seem to lack the knowledge of doing this. (You can probably guess this is my first time trying Python).

Right, I've got it all working... almost...  :???:

I'm confused, I had admin tools on here, and now that every exports properly now, I don't seem to see any MADMIN tools or anything...

So, where exactly do I put

Code:
from madmin_utils import * 
addMadminScripts(scripts)

?

I put it

Code:
# -*- coding: cp1254 -*-
from header_common import *
from header_operations import *
from module_constants import *
from header_parties import *
from header_skills import *
from header_mission_templates import *
from header_items import *
from header_triggers import *
from header_terrain_types import *
from header_music import *
from ID_animations import *

here but no luck.

I got it, you put it below everything... Thanks for this!

Nord Champion said:
So, where exactly do I put

Code:

?

I put it

Code:
# -*- coding: cp1254 -*-
from header_common import *
from header_operations import *
from header_parties import *
from header_skills import *
from header_mission_templates import *
from header_items import *
from header_triggers import *
from header_terrain_types import *
from header_music import *
from ID_animations import *

here but no luck.

I got it, you put it below everything... Thanks for this!

Did that little bit at the end make a difference? Because I had to get rid of that for mine to export everything correctly... however, I try and go on my own server, nothing shows up... maybe because I've installed vince's admin tools onto the server. A friend who is also an admin, was able to use admin tools on it still, but when i tried to use MADMIN, nothing worked.

EDIT: Right, by getting rid of addMadminScripts(scripts) at the bottom makes it export correctly, and this applies for all the codes you needed to add. Only put in from madmin_utils import * , copy and paste the file path to your native folder, paste it in module_Info.py and CHANGE ALL BACKSLASHES [\] to FRONTSLASHES [/]. XD I know, its a really irritating reason why these things don't work...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Aghhh! :sad: Still not working, i've tried everything I could think of! :sad:

This
Code:
Needs to go at the absolute bottom of module scripts, as do the rest of the respective additions to their own files.

With this wonderful mod, I made this my admin armor in my mod :grin:

mb3-4.jpg

Also, do you think that'll work in Native aswell? I don't think it will since you have to download the texture.....

"Fixed spawns in Siege Mode for custom maps - Siege mode is a finicky game-mode when it comes to spawning players. In Native, sometimes attackers spawn in what are normally defender spawn-points and vice-versa. While Native maps are balanced for this phenomenon, your custom maps may not be, so Madmin makes sure defenders spawn only in defender spawn-points and attackers spawn only in attacker spawn-points."

I've been trying to get this to work in my own mod for ages, any chance I could have a hand? :grin:

darkrider231 said:
I've been trying to get this to work in my own mod for ages, any chance I could have a hand? :grin:

Certainly. Everything is open source, so you shouldn't have to look too hard to find the code I used.  I'll dig it up later myself when I'm at home.

MadocComadrin said:
darkrider231 said:

Certainly. Everything is open source, so you shouldn't have to look too hard to find the code I used.  I'll dig it up later myself when I'm at home.

Thanks a lot man, I've been really busy with uni exams lately so I haven't been able to look at the py files in depth yet.

Edit: Ok I found the stuff I needed and put it into mission_templates... and it works fine with just humans. Defenders spawn in a random defender spawn point, and Attackers spawn in a random attacker spawn point... But when i put bots in, attackers spawn in defender spawns and vice versa... frekin weird :S

Edit again: Ok got it working, what you had was basically what I already have but with some tweaking I got things to work, may have screwed up the other siege maps though cause i got rid of these lines

(store_current_scene, ":cur_scene"),
(is_between,":cur_scene",custom_maps_begin,custom_maps_end),

As I don't know how to get them to work without importing all of your stuff (know what they are trying to do though)

Stuboi0
if you have any spaces or tabs before or after this code
Code:
delete it.

Had same problem, deleted all spaces, now it works!

MadocComadrin
Thank you for great mod!  :smile:

darkrider231 said:
Edit again: Ok got it working, what you had was basically what I already have but with some tweaking I got things to work, may have screwed up the other siege maps though cause i got rid of these lines

(store_current_scene, ":cur_scene"),
(is_between,":cur_scene",custom_maps_begin,custom_maps_end),

As I don't know how to get them to work without importing all of your stuff (know what they are trying to do though)
All those two lines do is check to make sure that the maps aren't native maps. You can replace custom_maps_begin with your first custom scene and custom_maps_end with the last multiplayer scene entry (I believe it's multiplayer_end). Also, I didn't touch the bot spawns. I'll take a look at them in the future.

It appears the Madmin tools have been affected by the recent Mount and Blade Warband Update. The admin options appear to have been replaced with some notice text, here is some screenshot of what it shows
C20D6D889A7516959DE82D25592B7B9FB06FE26B
C20D6D889A7516959DE82D25592B7B9FB06FE26B
The names also appear to be that of the latest admin or maybe person to join the server. I do hope this isn't an isolated incident exclusive to the PTK server. Clicking on the text also carries out the tasks that Madmin would do.
But yes before the update is work excellently and is a very useful and helpful tool, thank you Madoc.

Hey Madoc, umm what exactly do we give the Admins of our server?

I tried giving them a copy of the Native module I use with MAdmin, but it is buggy.

Do I give them something or do they use Native?

Back
Top Bottom