Sophisticated Tools for Responsible Admins
Version: 0.6 BetaDownload: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2937Features
Madmin has many features that make administrating your Warband
server much easier. Many can be accessed in the Escape Menu while
playing, but others work with certain keys.
Various features in Madmin happen automatically! Here are all of
Escape menu features
- Auto-kicks and Auto-temp bans - Players who teamkill or teamwound too many times per round will be automatically kicked from the server. Players who are auto-kicked too many times will be auto-temp banned.
- Removing Stray Horses - too many stray horses can lag your server. The feature removes stray horses every 60 seconds.
- Fixed spawns in Siege Mode for custom maps - Siege mode is a finicky game-mode when it comes to spawning players. In Native, sometimes attackers spawn in what are normally defender spawn-points and vice-versa. While Native maps are balanced for this phenomenon, your custom maps may not be, so Madmin makes sure defenders spawn only in defender spawn-points and attackers spawn only in attacker spawn-points.
- Server Messages - you can create custom server messages that can be shown at an interval of your choosing during play.
- Admin Tiers - have an admin that you don't feel is ready to handle some of the features in Madmin? Add his player id to madmin_config.py and he or she will only be able to kick, ban and display admin messages.
All of these features can be accessed through the normal Escape
Menu while playing as an admin
- Madmin Options - opens the Madmin Options panel. See the Madmin Options section below.
- Send a PM to all Admins - allows you to send a chat message to all admins on the server.
- Autobalance - activates the game's autbalance script, balancing teams according to the server settings.
- Force All to Spectator - forces every player to go spectator; useful for events.
- Force Player to Spectator - forces a single player to go spectator; useful for disciplining players without kicking them.
- Swap Player's Team - switches a player from his current team to the other team; useful for events or manual balancing.
- Kill Player - kills the selected player; useful for disciplining players without kicking them, killing afk players, or rescuing stuck players.
- Temporarily Ban Player - Bans a player for 1 hour.
A note on the player list:
Madmin's player list differs quite a bit from Natives. When selecting a player to kick, ban, etc, you can see how much team-damage they caused, how many tks they have, what team they are on, and their ping -- even if you aren't playing as an admin! Madmin Options
This menu allows you to change in-game many of the default
settings you made before compiling.
Keyboard Activated Features
- Class limits - allows you to turn class limits on or off and set how many troops of each class can be on a team. Note the Khergit Lancers count as Infantry.
- Don't auto-kick players - allows you to turn off auto-kicking players for teamkilling or team-wounding.
- Teamkill and team wounding limits - allows you to set how many tks or how much team damage a player can accumulate before being auto-kicked.
- Don't automatically kill horses - allows you to turn off auto-killing of horses.
- Kill All Horses Now - removes all stray horses immediately.
- Banhammer Settings - allows you to set how the banhammer should work (kill, kick, temp ban, or ban). *Note that this effects the banhammer for every admin on the server.
- Player Browser - shows information about a single player, including score, kills, teamkills, equipment, and more. You can also kick, temp ban, ban, etc. a player from the player browser.
Some features in Madmin are activated by a key-press. These
features an their default keys are listed below. Note, re-assigning
keys is not implemented at the moment (Version 0.5), but is planned
for future versions.
- Admin Message (u) - allows you to send a Server message to all players.
- Force-push (o) - Knocks all players within a small radius around you to the ground and creates a cloud of smoke; useful for stopping teamkillers without kicking them or breaking up team fights when you don't know who started it.
- Customizable Admin Armor (i) - After pressing this key, you will spawn with admin armor you chose in the config file next time you spawn.
- Banhammer (; semicolon) - Sometimes players need a little tough love, and sometimes, you want to deliver that personally. The banhammer is a super-fast weapon that will temporarily ban players when they are hit.
- Fade out (k) - fades your player out and respawns you somewhere else. Useful for respawning with admin armor.
- Cheer (m) - Makes your player cheer; not very useful, but fun!
- Taunt (, comma) - Makes your player cheer; not very useful, but fun!
- Madmin 0.6 BETA released
- Added Banhammer settings
- Added anonymous admin messages
- Added Player Browser
- Added Auto-Temp Bans
- Added Auto-kicking for teamwounding
- Added Taunts
- Added healing players (under player browser)
- Fixed bug preventing the player selection screen from updating for non-admins making a poll
- Various small bugfixes
- Madmin 0.5 BETA released
I'd like to give a special thanks to the following people or groups
- Taleworlds and Armagan - for developing such a great, moddable game
- The Golden Kingdom - for being a great clan and keeping me interested enough to make this mod
- GK Admins - for testing various features of Madmin
- Deaf Blind Dave - for being a great Cheif Admin for GK and helping test various things in Madmin
- JaXmthemirc - for being a great Cheif Admin for GK and helping test various things in Madmin
- Denizens of the Forge - for answering any questions I had
- Theoris and Swyter - for making the Module System Command Database
- cmpxchg8b - for answering various questions on the innards of the Warband Engine and for WSE (which will be incorporated into a seperate version of Madmin in the future)
- The makers of Notepad++ and jEdit - for increasing productivity with their great programs.
- The Malion Mercenaries - for copper and love!