[WB][S] Hardcore Mod (now finished)

Users who are viewing this thread

gschmitt

Sergeant
Download:
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2970

Summary:
This is a simple mod I made to make the game tougher. I am not a skilled enough modder to add new aspects to the game, so I apologize for there not being anything new like ships, naval battles, or anything like that. This mod was designed to make some aspects of M&B tougher for the player, and some aspects easier. For example, troops are much, much more difficult to face, but at the same time since the troops are upgraded heavily you will also have control of stronger troops. Other than the tweaks I made to items and etc., this mod is mostly about upping the difficulty of combat. If you play with Campaign and Combat AI set to max, along with maxed out settings for damage, you will be in for a tough ride. It truly makes the game more challenging. For those who want a challenge, but don't want to be brutally beat on, just lower your damage to 1/2 damage for player. You may feel kind of pathetic for doing it, but trust me it is still extremely difficult. You'll still have enemies giving you one shot kills to the head, high damage per swing, etc. This mod was made to give you a challenge, therefore even the lowest level troops are difficult. You may even find yourself struggling against farmers or townsman if you are not experienced.

WARNING: There is a potential downside to this mod, although I consider it to be an upside. Troops are now pretty much equal (Vaegir Archers are no longer better than Nord archers, Swadian Sharpshooters, etc.)(Swadian Knights are no longer superior to Vaegir Knights, Sarranid Marmlukes, etc.). Some may not like this, but I did this to make each and every troop truly difficult to face. While some may consider it a downside, I happen to like it. For example, if you are sticking to the style of playing as Nord and only using Nord troops, you won't be at such a disadvantage against troops that would normally have better archers. Also, your Nord Huscarls won't just mow through the other army's infantry, thus making the game more of a challenge.

Mods included in this mod:
-Diplomacy
-Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment
-Arena Overhaul Mod

Troops:
-All troops, lords, and kings have been majorly upgraded.
-All troops are upgraded in the following manner:
  -2 lowest troops have almost all combat skills at level 6, and proficiencies at level 200
  -2 middle troops have almost all combat skills at level 8, and proficiencies at level 250
  -Top troops have almost all combat skills at level 10, and proficiencies at level 300
-All lords and kings are upgraded in the following manner:
  -Every lord and king have almost all combat skills at level 10, and proficiencies at level 300
  -Every lord also has level 10 training, level 10 pathfinding, and level 10 leadership.

Bandits & Looters:
-Bandit parties, and looter parties have all been made larger. They range from 60-120 bandits/looters in a party.
-The amount of bandit/looter parties on the map have been slightly decreased to adjust to the larger parties.
-Chances of towns being infested with bandits increased to 10%.
-All bandits, and looters have been majorly upgraded.
  -Looters now have almost all combat skills at level 6, and proficiencies at level 200
  -Bandits now have almost all combat skills at level 8, and proficiencies at level 250

Weapons, Armor, & Horses:
-Weapons now only come as standard, balanced, or masterwork.
-Armors now only as standard, reinforced, or lordly.
-Horses now only come as standard, heavy, spirited, or champion.
-Decreased the availability of useless armors, and weapons (for example, cloaks, tunics, etc.) so that better armor is available.
-Ammo for arrows and bolts has now been increased to 100.

Tournaments & Arena:
-Included Arena Overhaul Mod to add a new feel to the arenas.
-Increased betting amounts to 500, 200, 100, 50, 20
-Increased experienced gained for winning tournament to 1000.
-Increased renown gained for winning tournament to 25.
-Increased relation gained with town for winning tournament to 2.
-Increased threshold for adding tournaments to 5.

Additional Tweaks:
-Cattle now follow you
-Faction colors made darker, and more colorful.
-Disabled stat loss for games over 757 days old.
-Changed Base Stats of Weapon Master to Strength, Looting to Intelligence, and Persuasion to Charisma
-Slight party morale tweaks.
-Prisoner max increased to 10 per prisoner management skill.

Installation:
-Simply copy and paste the folder into your M&B Warband Modules folder, and enjoy!

Credits:
Waihiti- Diplomacy
The development team of PBOD- PBOD
Adorno- Arena Overhaul Mod
Morgh- Morgh's M&B Warband Tools
kefka95- TweakMB

gschmitt said:
I'm thinking of making a hardcore mod for Warband. Giving that the makers of Diplomacy, PBOD, and Polished Landscapes, would be kind enough to allow me to use implement their mods into mine, I would love to include them.

What this mod would roughly entail would be:
-Diplomacy
-Pre-Battle Orders & Deployement
-Polished Landscapes
-Lord armies will be x3 or more larger than Native armies
-Troops would be x2 or x3 times more powerful, from recruits all the way to top tier troops. This would include better equipment, better skill points, better weapon proficiencies, etc.
-Kings and Lords would be much more powerful
-Bandit armies will be X10 times larger than Native armies, most likely ranging in size from 50-250/300
-Villages will have a much greater chance of being infested with bandits, possibly even a 25% chance rather than a 5% chance
-Items purchased in markets will only come as standard, possibly heavy/reinforced, lordly/masterwork. No more cracked, or crude armor.
-Several other minor adjustments such as tournament betting amounts, troop recruitment changes, user party limit increased, etc.

With that initial information gathered, would anyone be interested in downloading or playing this? If so I'd be happy to place it on here for people to download. The work would only take me about a day or two to finish, but I would have to wait for permission to use Diplo, PBOD, and PL in the mod.

Hella Yeah!!! This mod does sound pretty good. Since it is "Hardcore" would there be a way to implement perma-death? And NPC perma-death? The kind of perma-death where both Lord and player could die in battle not just selection screen.

Im not sure what you mean exactly by perma-death. Do you just mean once you're dead, you're dead? Not sure if that's possible in Warband, and unfortunately I wouldn't know how to write script for that.

I am going to be on vacation until next saturday, so once I get back I will start this up. It should only take a couple days to do.

And as far as OSP items, I'm not a huge fan of them to be perfectly honest. I think they're a little to colorful for the game. But if many people want that then I will see about putting it in.

I'll be in the outerbanks in NC. And ya, unfortunately I'm not skilled enough to write a script for that, but it would be pretty intense lol.

no, pa.

also an update, pmed the maker of diplomacy and pbod and asked permission to use his mods.

update, finished upgrading all the troops except lords and kings. i can safely say, this is much, much, muchhhh tougher. I had a bandit knock me out in 1 hit on half damage. now on to editing the kings and lords. after that, making several small changes to add toughness to the game. finally, a few visual mods and I'll be all done!

gschmitt said:
update, finished upgrading all the troops except lords and kings. i can safely say, this is much, much, muchhhh tougher. I had a bandit knock me out in 1 hit on half damage. now on to editing the kings and lords. after that, making several small changes to add toughness to the game. finally, a few visual mods and I'll be all done!

Wow this sounds Kick Assery, Sir. Since their will be more powerful bandits, is there a way to tune down the amount of parties they have. Even in vanilla they can be quite a nuisance. Thanks. Oh and may I ask what are you using to create this Module?

Edit 7:16 PM Eastern Time June 02, 2011 
Oh and I found this mod that has permanent death. May I make a suggestion as to talk to this author. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,166683.0.html

gschmitt said:
no, pa.

also an update, pmed the maker of diplomacy and pbod and asked permission to use his mods.
gschmitt said:
update, added Narf's transitional armour pack to the mod. Will possibly add more armors or weapons later.
gschmitt said:
update, currently working on the items list. this process will include:
-Horses available at markets only come in standard, heavy, spirited, or champion
-Armors purchased in markets will only come as standard, reinforced, or lordly. No more cracked, or crude armor
-Weapons and ammo purchased in markets will only come as standard, balanced, or masterwork
-reducing the availability on worthless armors. that means that instead of having 20 worthless robes and dresses at the market, there will only be a few, making room for more armor and weapons.
gschmitt said:
update, the items list is done. all weapons and ammunition are either standard balanced or masterwork. all shields and armor are either standard reinforced or lordly. all horses are either standard heavy spirited or champion. worthless armors clothes and weapons have all had their availability reduced, so now instead of around 15 or 20 crappy items, you will only have 6 or so.
gschmitt said:
update, currently working on the making troops, kings, lords, bandits, and mercenaries much, much stronger
gschmitt said:
update, commoner troop tree upgraded, mercenary tree upgraded, swadian tree upgraded. next, the vaegirs, nords, sarrinid, rhodoks, and khergits. after that, the lords and kings.
gschmitt said:
gschmitt said:
update, added More Warhorse pack, and Morse Horses pack to the mod.
There is a button called "Edit" and it is there for a purpose.

Oh and good luck with your mod :smile:

my bad, i was a bit rushing and not thinking of editing one post  :razz:

and i'll look into the perma-death thing. also, im not sure if i'm going to edit the amount of bandit troops n the board at once. i may,but only because the bandit parties will be huge (100-250/300 members, maybe more).

i will be working more on this in a few hours, i'm currently packing and getting stuff ready for a trip i'm heading on. but i should have this done sometime very late tonight, or later tomorrow.

The mod is now done! I made a ton of changes to what I had originally planned on doing, so for those who read the original post, re-read it as it has changed. I pmed a modder, so hopefully this file will be moved to the Warband released mod section soon. Leave your comments and let me know what you think!

The file is now up and the topic has now been moved to the released mods thanks to Caba' Drin. I just wanted to make a side comment about this mod. I'm not sure if it's just the specific game I'm currently playing or whether it's the actual mod, but I've had a lot more interesting things happen between factions than I have with most of the mods I've played. I'm around day 80 and the Swadians are starting to get picked off by the Rhodoks, Rhodoks are also starting to pick off the Sarranids, and Nords were almost down to 1 major city left. I'm not sure if it's just my specific game file, or if the balancing out of the troops has made Calradia a little more interesting. Hopefully after some people try this out they can let me know if it's just my game or if it's the mod doing it's job.

Back
Top Bottom