Favorite M&B Warband Faction to Start as.

What is your favorite Mount and Blade Warband faction to start out as?

• Nords

Votes: 44 33.3%
  • Swadians

Votes: 39 29.5%
  • Khergits

Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Rhodoks

Votes: 41 31.1%
  • Vaegirs

Votes: 26 19.7%
  • Sarranids

Votes: 23 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

kiwininja

Recruit
:grin: I just want to know what everyone's favorite factions to start out as are. There is a maximum # of 6 poles per person so you can choose all of them if your not sure which select ones you like to start out as  :roll:. Please do not just pick a certain faction because it has the most votes :!: Hope to get at least 100 people voting on it so I can see how you guys feel. Feel free to post why you like to start with each to wheather its because they have good units or there are easy castles nearby to take.  :grin:

In singleplayer I usually go for Khergits because they suit my usual playstyle: lots of cavalry archers who can stay out of enemy range, plus a few lancers to break enemy formations and whatnot.

For multiplayer (read: sieges), I go for Nords.  Their huscarl shields are awesome, their bows are decent and there are few things more satisfying than finishing off an enemy with a boot to the bollocks and a throwing axe to the face  :grin:

I agree with you on the Kergits cause they are also good for having a very fast army since its all calvary and the Nords cause they are really tough. :mrgreen:

I choose Rhodok. There's just something about pavise crossbowmen...not to mention their spear infantry are well equipped to stop Swade knights and mamlukes. I also like Nord to a lesser extent.

:grin: They are good for killing calvary. Just wondering anyone who likes veaigers can you tell me why? :cool: I like them cause of placment and stuff but I want to know other reasons too. :mrgreen:

Even the lore says that the Vaegirs suck. All of that Nord land? Yeah, that was Vaegir territory, then the Nords came down just in boats and have set up a kingdom that has absorbed nearly half of the Vaegir territory. In one generation. Alayen says that his father helped to fight the first Nord invasions.

Anyways, I like the Nords the most.

Oh thanks for answering my question...poor vaeigers.
Lord Brutus said:
There is no good reason to choose Vaegirs, ever.  None of their troops match up well against what other factions have to offer.
Rewjeo said:
Even the lore says that the Vaegirs suck. All of that Nord land? Yeah, that was Vaegir territory, then the Nords came down just in boats and have set up a kingdom that has absorbed nearly half of the Vaegir territory. In one generation. Alayen says that his father helped to fight the first Nord invasions.

:grin:

Rhodoks for me. Gud to deal with those pesky Swadian horseman :smile:.
2nd fav :smile: Nords Reason: Huscarls
3rd fav : Sarranids Reason : Mamlukes :smile:)

Rewjeo said:

According to Baheshtur's story, the Khergits also drove the Vaegirs back when they came to settle in Calradia permanently.

The reason why I don't like the Vaegirs that much is that they use 2-handed weapons over shields. That makes them easy targets for Khergit horse archers and Nord archers and infantry.

Vaegirs because while they aren't the strongest in anything (i think thier archers are still the best compared to master archers.) and they aren't the weakest ether. meaning if you use them right they can bea  great benfit since you dont have to rely to much on one type of unit.

For me is
1 Khergits. For their awesome speed. (I love speed. Especially when lancing.It's better that way.)
2 Nords. Axes FTW.  :smile:
3 Rhodoks or Swadians. Rhodoks for Crossbows and Glaives, and Swadians for their crossbows and lances.
Plain simple for me...

I definitely prefer rhodoks, due to awesome survivability and even more awesome looks of their sargeants. Since they are close to swadians and eventually conquer them, they also have nice scource of cavalry. I like nords too for their epic huscarls. Vaegirs are annoying since they have highest kill ratio against my swadian knight but dont realy enjoy being them.
I always hated khergits but just found out horse archer has epic bow mastry, about 220 so im maybe gonna check em out

Back
Top Bottom