Favorite M&B Warband Faction to Start as.

What is your favorite Mount and Blade Warband faction to start out as?

• Nords

Votes: 44 33.3%
  • Swadians

Votes: 39 29.5%
  • Khergits

Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Rhodoks

Votes: 41 31.1%
  • Vaegirs

Votes: 26 19.7%
  • Sarranids

Votes: 23 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Swadians!  They may.. well... die, but hey, they have Swadian Knights.  Best unit in the game.  I figure around 44 you cannot be beaten by a ground army not exceeding 3X your size (high tier expected, of course.  Everybody has beaten huge armies of recruits).  Above 65 and the wages get too intense.

Ok ok ok I admit nord his carls are OP beasts... BUT have you people that say never choose Vaegiers, well I believe you are wrong in the extreme.  Don't take me for a noob because I have played M&BW for 3 yrs.  Sure Vaegiers are not coordinated in the tier 1-2 stage but when you hit veteran they die less and less than you get horsemen and eventually the very nice Vaegiers Knight.  Plus the Vaegiers still have a good amount of land.  At the moment I control Dhirim (great for trade) and Rivacheg.  And with over 10 VKs they destroy the bulk of Rhodoks and Swades.  I do also charge with Mamelukes and Swade Knights which have good health all around.  So if you say Vaegiers are good for nothing you don't know how to use them :evil:!!!  On the contrary if I attacked a nord castle lets say Jelbelgi Castle with all Vaegiers  knights and they had huscarls I'd get creamed.  Only because huscarls are infantry built for that combat...  My second nation to play with would be nords then Swadia... :mrgreen:

Gilwe said:
Rewjeo said:
All of that Nord land? Yeah, that was Vaegir territory, then the Nords came down just in boats and have set up a kingdom that has absorbed nearly half of the Vaegir territory. In one generation.

According to Baheshtur's story, the Khergits also drove the Vaegirs back when they came to settle in Calradia permanently.

wow that must of mean the Vaegirs suck at that period of time  :mrgreen:.

nords because always when i play there is tournament on sargoth on the week and i get 3k easy

Rhox said:
nords because always when i play there is tournament on sargoth on the week and i get 3k easy
Tournaments can be quite hard when your dealing with 90% Difficulty, everything on max. and everything is also manual. At that point i always loose at the 16 or 8 stages

Sir Robert Lannigan said:
Rhox said:
Tournaments can be quite hard when your dealing with 90% Difficulty, everything on max. and everything is also manual. At that point i always loose at the 16 or 8 stages

Actually you need the luck to get a shield or at least not get a bow and dagger

Rhox said:
This is actually why I like starting in Khergits. I'm utter crap at foot tournaments, but in cavalry tournaments I own without breaking a sweat so it's a lot of easy money for the start. I run between Swadia and Khergits doing super easy tournaments for easy money.

I honestly think Sarranid is the worst place to spawn. Simply because the desert bandits are the highest tier of bandits and in early game, there are deserters everywhere looking to pick off small parties.

I belive nords are the best because if you get nord warriors-nord huscarls you will win all most any battle no problem i run a 30-35 man army with only nord infentry and i can wipe out any 70+army with only loseing 5 10 men as long as i dont die in the battle, i've fought 250+ with 78 men (i was guarding my town) and wiped out all 250+ of them with out loseing 1 of my men and i didn't die nords are op

I'd say Khergits or Nords, in the Nords if you get lucky you might kill a bunch of Sea Raiders, and that's a good lot of armor and weapons too start off with. But too me Khergit recruits are very good at capturing weak bandits and you can always earn money manhunting.

for me best Swadians becouse they have very strong knights secons good nords very good in sieges but one faction i'really hate is khates or how they call they selfs becouse when strategy very stupid when you attack when they always runnig away and you taking hours to catch them when they have about 200 army and they really suck at sieges always i am last standing if i am hiring them

Swadians are good if you time it right.  If you join them just after they lost a pitched battle, you can free a bunch of prisoners and have a good army quickly. 

Otherwise Khergits are better.  Lancers are quick to train and they pack a punch much above their weight.  They get horses quickly too, and have good riding skill, so your overland speed is going to be very good.  Contrary to a popular belief, they don't suck in sieges.  If you have companions with crossbows for support, you can just concentrate on Lancers and start taking stuff left and right. 

Khergits are probably the best.  If I joined Khergits in my current playthrough I guess that by this time we would have wiped out Sarranids and I would be ready to rebel.

Back
Top Bottom