Wappaw - The Phalanx

Users who are viewing this thread

LordHasek said:
Stomping on pub servers with spears- bravo. I'm sure it'll translate right over into immediate success on the competitive scene.
Rhade said:
Spear spam in pubs? Sure.

Competitive scene? Negatron.

We'll see how it goes, and welcome to the forums, but if you guys are looking to compete in scrims while holding onto the grouped spear tactics, I think you're in for for a lot of losses. Are you going to adopt traditional scrimming doctrine or stick with your spears?

And the Americans wonder why they have no players...

Seriously, they declare their competitive and you are like "Oh lawl you gona fail so bad"

Ever stopped to think that maybe just maybe some people play competitively for fun?

Mr Mohawk said:
LordHasek said:
Stomping on pub servers with spears- bravo. I'm sure it'll translate right over into immediate success on the competitive scene.
Rhade said:

We'll see how it goes, and welcome to the forums, but if you guys are looking to compete in scrims while holding onto the grouped spear tactics, I think you're in for for a lot of losses. Are you going to adopt traditional scrimming doctrine or stick with your spears?

Seriously, they declare their competitive and you are like "Oh lawl you gona fail so bad"

Ever stopped to think that maybe just maybe some people play competitively for fun?
No.

Mr Mohawk said:
LordHasek said:
Rhade said:

NA Warband. No Fun League

Good luck! I still think you guys play like jerks in the morning (;_:wink: because it's never fun to be on the receiving end of a two or three on one with only four people per team, but I still like you. :razz: I like spears because they're pretty flexible all-around. Stabbystabby. Stab. Thwack. Stabthwack. (This is a sexual metaphor.)

Coy said:
Rhade said:

I would disagree. I've used spears quite effectively in scrims. It is all about teamwork. Sure you can downblock. But blocking isn't going to get any of them killed.

Firstly, I was just asking a question out of curiosity if they were going to stick to their pubstomping tactics or adopt more formal scrimming tactics, but it seems like people are taking it as an attack, so:

Using a spear in a pub or getting a kill in a scrim is one thing.
Using a large portion of infantry with spears and shields against a competitive clan is another thing entirely.
You will get absolutely decimated.

Then again, leading a clan that has never, ever lost a scrim, won all major NA battle tournaments and personally being an NC team captain that will be taking 3rd out of 21 nations means I obviously don't know what I'm talking about and don't know much about what's viable and what's not.

A spear is a handicap as a primary weapon -- it is a support weapon. You're going to have a bunch of support weapons supporting support weapons, and in order for a "phalanx" style to viable, you need to be heavy on infantry, and if you do that, you're going to get shot to pieces by allowing the other team to take and maintain fire superiority.

Mr Mohawk said:

I'm sorry, but that's directly equivalent with playing competitively to lose, and that just doesn't make much sense to me.
I play to win, and have fun by challenging myself. It's no challenge to intentionally handicap myself and lose.

We probably destroyed your nation in the Nation's Cup anyway, I'm sorry if that made you bitter.

AarontheBaron said:
Rhade said:

I guess you'll just have to see in the tourney Rhade  :wink:

Why wait that long?

Let's scrim tomorrow. 7 CST. 6v6. Deal?

As a matter of fact you didn't destroy his nation in the NC , Rhade, he is Scottish and therefore comes under the UK. Thankfully he wasn't on the team but I do believe you were beaten 11-9. No worries anyway he's obviously mad about something.

I don't normally make excuses for losses, but that was 7 vs. 8 so although the results are valid they lose a bit of gravity. :razz: You don't want to open up that can of worms.

Rhade said:
Then again, leading a clan that has never, ever lost a scrim, won all major NA battle tournaments and personally being an NC team captain that will be taking 3rd out of 21 nations means I obviously don't know what I'm talking about and don't know much about what's viable and what's not.

You must be very proud about that.

Kitten-mew! said:
I don't normally make excuses for losses, but that was 7 vs. 8 so although the results are valid they lose a bit of gravity. :razz: You don't want to open up that can of worms.
Even IF you had that 8th guy and won then it would hardly be by a margin that could be described as the UK team getting destroyed.

BlackTide said:
Mr Mohawk said:
LordHasek said:
Rhade said:

No.

And Euro's wonder why we like to keep them out of our threads.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe you picked the one post that said "Oh lawl you gona fail so bad" or that maybe there's a certain mannerism that we in the NA community adopt that, while it seems like competitive, is actually more friendly than anything? Or that spears probably aren't viable as a main weapon in scrims?

I was gonna say more, but then I realized Rhade already replied and figured the EU guy couldn't take on both of us at the same time.

EDIT:
Welcome Wappaw
NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(We always assumed he was named nails due to his affinity for long pointy weapons)

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply you would have been destroyed. However, if we had had that 8th guy I do think we would have at least managed a draw. Maybe even a close win. :smile: That's all. No dickwaving, no downtalking, just trufax that we were down one and victory slipped away by the second-slimmest margin.

BigBoss said:
Rhade said:

It's not something that I wake up every morning and say "Hey, I'm _________________ at Mount and Blade: Warband", but it's pretty ****ing frustrating when people do seem to act like I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to this game. Say what you will, but I kind of know what the **** I'm talking about.

To my UK friend Blacktide:

Ah, then, I retract my statement about being destroyed, because I really did like and respect the UK team.

All the same, we did well and the point stands that the kid is obviously mad.

Rhade said:
BigBoss said:
Rhade said:

It's not something that I wake up every morning and say "Hey, I'm _________________ at Mount and Blade: Warband", but it's pretty ******** frustrating when people do seem to act like I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to this game. Say what you will, but I kind of know what the **** I'm talking about.
I know you know what you're talking about.
But I think you don't think that that means what I think it means. (Referring to my post.)

BigBoss said:
Rhade said:
BigBoss said:
Rhade said:

It's not something that I wake up every morning and say "Hey, I'm _________________ at Mount and Blade: Warband", but it's pretty ******** frustrating when people do seem to act like I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to this game. Say what you will, but I kind of know what the **** I'm talking about.
I know you know what you're talking about.
But I think you don't think that that means what I think it means. (Referring to my post.)

herp derp

"Quotes Rhade's lengthy post"

While I dearly appreciate your gracious input on this topic Rhade, having been using spears primarily in my several hundred hours of warband time I did happen to have a chance to gleam some of the advantages AND disadvantages of their use and I *may* have already known that its ridiculously easy to swamp a group of spears if you know how to.  But many thanks in your efforts to enlighten us with your knowledge on the subject.

Wappaws play w/ spears cuz they're fun and different.  Nothin more than that.

And as for your challenge, no need to mence words Wappaw is not ready to scrim BkS.  Give us a little while to get some experience and I'll be happy to take you up on your offer

HDGhs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom