Wappaw - The Phalanx

Users who are viewing this thread

Wappaw

Wappaw is a small "rather good sized" NA clan dedicated to enjoying the Warband experience in our own unique way.  We are competitive, and are looking to enter "active in" the NA scrim circuit.

The Way of the Spear

Wappaw was founded many months decades ago by myself, KingLarryXVII and Crouse.  Shortly thereafter we determined that the spear was a terribly underutilized weapon for team-based combat, and began a crusade to learn the intricacies of its use and assemble a team of like-minded players.  Slowly and deliberately we have grown into a tight-knit group with a mastery of spear tactics on the battle server. 

With a couple (dozen) recent additions in recent weeks years we now officially consider competitive and on the market for scrims. 

Wappaw Roster

Active:

AarontheBaron
KingLarrxviii   
Crouse         
Mafioso         
THOR             
Nails             
Greenknight   
Blade6119     
Thistles         
Smacktastic   
Prophetess   
CheesePizza 
Daoctagonhe 
Fitzy             
Sety             
Liegraf         
Aidan           
Pierce         
Hot_Carl       
Shadez         
Redknight     
SaltedSlug   
GodsKnight   
JethroKirby   
Scope           
Jesus           
Pawn           
A_Neanderthal
Strango       
Optimal

Wappaw recruitment is by invitation

Wappaw has a private forum on the POM forums, and will likely only use this page to communicate with other clans and set up scrims.

This is a rather paltry attempt at a clan description and I'll try fail to update it in the future, but I wanted to get something down as a landmark for Wappaw's slow crawl from obscurity to mainstream.

Edit: Updated a bit as required to be semi-accurate

Stomping on pub servers with spears- bravo. I'm sure it'll translate right over into immediate success on the competitive scene. Best of luck in the upcoming KBOOB etc.

Best of luck to your clan.
LordHasek said:
Stomping on pub servers with spears- bravo. I'm sure it'll translate right over into immediate success on the competitive scene. Best of luck in the upcoming KBOOB etc.
O, Hasek.  :lol:

Mighty warriors with a fierce discipline. Many times have I readied my blade for the trials to come upon spotting three of you with your shields held high, shoulder to shoulder. Fight well Wappaws!

When I see you guys on a server I sign and prepare myself for a quick rage quit. Spears are powerful things.
D:
Anyway, good luck with the clan and nice to see you on the forums.

LordHasek said:
Stomping on pub servers with spears- bravo. I'm sure it'll translate right over into immediate success on the competitive scene.
citizen_kane_clapping_gif_RE_If_The_Internet_Suddenly_Disappeared_How_Wed_Get_Laid-s480x360-132744.gif
I applaud your unnecessary hostility. 

Anyway, great to finally see a thread. I look forward to being repeatedly poked to death in the near future.

I tend to find myself saying "fffffffffffffff" to myself all the time as I am either trying to run from you guys or getting stabbed from 500 directions by spears. Either way fun times with you guys, GL

All hail the underestimated spear!

Glad to see I'm not the only one using the spear + shield combo. Nice to have you around!  :grin:

Spear spam in pubs? Sure.

Competitive scene? Negatron.

We'll see how it goes, and welcome to the forums, but if you guys are looking to compete in scrims while holding onto the grouped spear tactics, I think you're in for for a lot of losses. Are you going to adopt traditional scrimming doctrine or stick with your spears?

Rhade said:

We'll see how it goes, and welcome to the forums, but if you guys are looking to compete in scrims while holding onto the grouped spear tactics, I think you're in for for a lot of losses. Are you going to adopt traditional scrimming doctrine or stick with your spears?

I would disagree. I've used spears quite effectively in scrims. It is all about teamwork. Sure you can downblock. But blocking isn't going to get any of them killed.

Coy said:
I would disagree. I've used spears quite effectively in scrims. It is all about teamwork. Sure you can downblock. But blocking isn't going to get any of them killed.
No, you're dumb.
Rhade said:

Warpaw and BkS should just scrim. Stop theorycrafting and start killing each other.

Zaffa said:
Coy said:
No, you're dumb.

And you're a lonely twat.

Until Wappaw gets completely destroyed in a scrim. Which I personally doubt will happen, I intend to say I am correct.

Rhade said:

I guess you'll just have to see in the tourney Rhade  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom