The Story of a Girl (Prophecy of Pendor AAR!)

Users who are viewing this thread

BlackGhost

Recruit
Entry One;

In the many days that I have spent in the city of Ravenstern I was struck the idea to purchase a blank book and ink in order to being a journal to chronical my life, and what I will accomplish in the coming years. I have my doubts that this book will reach the hands of anyone of importance (or, for that matter, anyone at all), but I am given heart by the fact that I can see to it that my memory will live on in these pages long after I have died.

To start off, I suppose it would be best to give my name, wouldn't it? I am Rowena Anne Ambreth, as I have been told, of the old house of Ambreth. We were far from a prominent noble family, and my father was more of a glorified adventurer then a true royal. Speaking of my father, I knew little about the man. He was a shadowy figure in my younger days, always off on some quest for glory or some rot along those lines. Still, he was a good man, and each and every night he was with me he would regale me with tales of his exploits and adventures. He was a good man, and it was more than I could have hoped for in such a troubled land.

flag.png
[size=8pt]
Banner of the House of Ambreth​

And then, he died. It was not on the field of battle, run through by a worthy adversary. He died of a sickness that slowly took him. Piece by piece until he was nothing more.

I had nothing left after that. You see, my mother died in childbirth, and I never knew her beyond her name. Anne. My middle name, as you no doubt read in the previous few paragraphs (assuming anyone has read this book at all, that is). I was alone in the world, and had nothing but my wits and what I could scrounge from whatever pit I could find in order to live a. . . relatively healthy life.

While it was certainly tough, I managed, and eventually found myself in the business of trapping game up north in the Kingdom of Ravenstern. I have been doing this now for many years, and it has managed to keep me afloat all this time.

But now. . . I feel this itch. An urge to go into the world to seek out new experiences and people. To boldly go where no man h And, perhaps, run said people through with a sword. Perhaps my father felt the same calling when he reached my age as well? Perhaps the adventuring heart runs common in my family's blood. Or, perhaps, I am a complete buffon and the day after I write this I shall become food for carrion.

Only time will tell, I suppose.

mb1.jpg

My name is Rowena. Won't you hear my tale?

Back
Top Bottom