This Notched and Rusted Blade: A Mount & Blade Machinima.

Users who are viewing this thread

Very nice work, indeed.

If you want, i can offer you my support. I enjoy film making myself, and I have a ton of soundtracks which can be used for medieval settings, so that I can increase your music choice further than the Kingdom of Heaven Soundtrack  :wink:

My idea would be that you upload the video without music as "listed" (so noone without the link can see it), and you tell me your ideas for the music you want to have to (use adjectives and emotions  :wink: ), and I will see what I can do there, give you a choice of several songs (if we are lucky and do have the choice  :lol: ) and even cut the songs properly.

So if you are getting stuck with the music just tell me!  :grin:

Dushatar said:
Boss. If Machinima would have atleast half of a brain, they'd sponsor machinima makers such as yourself. The videos just scream quality.

Thank you very much!

Joker86 said:
Very nice work, indeed.

If you want, i can offer you my support. I enjoy film making myself, and I have a ton of soundtracks which can be used for medieval settings, so that I can increase your music choice further than the Kingdom of Heaven Soundtrack  :wink:

My idea would be that you upload the video without music as "listed" (so noone without the link can see it), and you tell me your ideas for the music you want to have to (use adjectives and emotions  :wink: ), and I will see what I can do there, give you a choice of several songs (if we are lucky and do have the choice  :lol: ) and even cut the songs properly.

So if you are getting stuck with the music just tell me!  :grin:

That would be a massive help! I'll send you a message on here if and when I need help with the music?

You should definately have a look at the SceneObj folder of the svn version to see which scenes are new and you can use the quick scene chooser from the start menu. Click on 'Play Tutorial' and the scene chooser shows up. Your character is naked but by using the edit mode you can fly high up into the air to get an overview. Alternatively, you might just use the cheatmenu ingame to quickly enter a scene (with your character properly dressed), or ctrl + left click with enabled cheats to teleport close to a settlement.

I can't tell you exactly where all the scenes are hiding, because some of them are in a rotation. There are for example several village and town scenes for some regions. The places with a specific name in the SceneObj folder are your best guess for a start.

Here is an epic aftermath of a battle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewbuPY3uGQ4) and it might get you in the right mood. It could also help to plagiarize some famous quotes, like the ones from Henry V, be the historical or not, I don't care. The allusions hint at a greater meaning and you can entertain people without a lengthy text by using quotes. You might also change a bit of the quote, so that not french, but people from any other nation are killed (Henry V), or use the general struture of sentences.

I added a page on TvTropes for this.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThisNotchedAndRustedBlade

So if anyone got the time and inclination, adding to the page and adding the page to different trope pages would be excellent, it would certainly bring in more viewers.

Epic video!  :mrgreen:

Really shows off the mod and awesome narration stark  :cool:
I liked how its personalized view of medieval warfare, its ups and downs

Will definitely keep an eye out for more episodes from Martin

Simply-Awe-some!
Man, I have to say, it's my dream to create a epic machinima like yours using MB engine, but with a different story, of course.
But I don't want to speak about my ideas right here.

If you want, I can translate some subtitles to you to portuguese (Brazil) (works well for Portugal too)

I got blocked by youtube too.

It said that "This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."
or something.  :neutral:

How the hell could they blocked me from watching fanmade video by claiming that the video belong to some company ?

OK, I admit that people in my country loves to copy and crack, but how the hell can a fanmade video has licence and copyright ?

MariusThePaladin said:
I got blocked by youtube too.

It said that "This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."
or something.  :neutral:

How the hell could they blocked me from watching fanmade video by claiming that the video belong to some company ?

OK, I admit that people in my country loves to copy and crack, but how the hell can a fanmade video has licence and copyright ?

music from sony? made with software from sony?

Back
Top Bottom