Honor

Users who are viewing this thread

Cryptecks

Recruit
My honor was at -3 first time I looked at the reports page. I didn't think any of this and just went about my business doing some quests and killing groups of bandits. I look again and now it's at -7. Is honor dropping normal? And on a completely different note, did I hear some music from Oblivion on here?

If you don't bury the dead you lose honour.
You also lose honour when visiting Salinae.

I don't know any other mod-specific things regarding honour.

did I hear some music from Oblivion on here?

Apart from the main page (start game, etc.) I don't recall hearing any in Brytenwalda, just wolves, bells at noon, birds, etc...

IF you don't like getting ambushed while taking care of the dead just release some prisoners it does more to restore your honor then taking care of the dead.

dutch81 said:
IF you don't like getting ambushed while taking care of the dead just release some prisoners it does more to restore your honor then taking care of the dead.

interesting. Didn't know that, thanks.

How to get positive honor:

* After a battle, bury the dead.
* Releasing prisoners. (One of the easiest/fastest/best ways to get honor)
* Releasing lords.
* Some random events award honor depending on the choice you make.
* Getting rid of bandits raiding villages then refuse any reward.
* Some times lords insult you when you first meet them. Talking trash back awards honor (or is it reputation or both?).
* Other?

How to get negative honor:

* Looting, stealing from, and raiding villages.
* Killing prisoners.
* Killing lords.
* Some random events take away honor depending on the choice you make.
* Visiting the salt mine.
* Attacking caravans.
* Attacking farmers, civilians, etc on the world map.
* Other?

I'm sure there are more ways to get/lose honor but I can't think of them right now.

I've released prisoners before.. No honor gain whatsoever. And somehow I'm at -48 honor now after finally getting back into the positive.. I'm not sure how it got so low.. The only things I've really done is trading and then some random event in between. A couple bards wanted to compose songs about me so I paid them, and I received a message saying peasants love me and are ready to join my cause or some such thing. Would either of those give me a major honor hit? And would there be any reason releasing prisoners wouldn't give me honor?

Cryptecks said:
I've released prisoners before.. No honor gain whatsoever. And somehow I'm at -48 honor now after finally getting back into the positive.. I'm not sure how it got so low.. The only things I've really done is trading and then some random event in between. A couple bards wanted to compose songs about me so I paid them, and I received a message saying peasants love me and are ready to join my cause or some such thing. Would either of those give me a major honor hit? And would there be any reason releasing prisoners wouldn't give me honor?

You have to talk to the prisoners and choose to release them that way. Just disbanding them does nothing. Unless you were talking about something else?

Pundragon said:
Cryptecks said:

You have to talk to the prisoners and choose to release them that way. Just disbanding them does nothing. Unless you were talking about something else?

Yes this feature does work for sure ... talk to the prisoner tell him you take pity on him and will release him ... good to do with low level guys you don't want in your own army.  I think it stops helping when it gets really high however.

would be interested in the answer, gathered a lot ~500 but does not seem to have an effect anywhere. Neither with lords nor with companion morale as I would think (or hope) so.

Back
Top Bottom