"Honor" among lords and players in PW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Aldric

Grandmaster Knight
"The Death people don't have honor. "

That was a guy said me once, we finished tonight on NA,RP_server ( awesome map on BTW )

Well actually, after a crushing defeat when the whole server went against us ( we were a 20-25 guys faction, the other had 10 )  i have been captured and offered a "protection" treaty if i gathered my mens (or what left of ) and join their faction as vassal.

I agreed, i repeated quite a lot that i wanted to ensure the safety of my mens. So they came, we had a doctor with us, a sword-less archers, and a armorless knights. ( Fresh respawn FTW )

I had my 2 handed and i could flee easily, still, i gave my word, and we would help them.

The lord girl of the castle, Putan_"something"  said

"- Is there is any others soldiers who will come ? "

I said
"- No, lads, we are ready to serve."

Pam ninja slash. I couldn even took out my sword.
Ggnorekthxbye.

That was the level actually, not a proper "Rp " execution.

So the question is. I am the only single dickhead lord on PW who still value honor, courage, who offer a chance for ennemy to join his side, who spare and protect the lad and the weak ?

When most of the mercy of the "lords" mean a swift dead do you think we should try to act like "some" of good lords or PW will stay the damn territory where no-one is spared during a war ?

As a question to players. Have you ever spared someone during a war ? Or do you always kill every single wood cutting serfs and engeener ?

About this, i have often seen kill that are close to spawn-kill, even soldier who spawn with a blunt spear and a ****ty sword are considered as fighters and are targeted. It's can be very frustating for the player , if he don't know how to spawn outside of castle.
By the way. Soon enough, i shall do a " French expedition" topic, but first i have to take upon a whole serv for once.

Cya

Well if i see unarmed etc enemy player's i try my hardest to get them to surrender but as per usual their like "lolz no i havz hatchet i fight you" (even though your heavy armoured/have 2h etc...)

It differ's between player's. some accept it. some dont. it's not just the lord. just the attitude of the General playerbase.

Medieval lords tended to care about money, women, and land. Not honor, courage and sparing the weak. They have a greater chance of taxing the weak to death, executing people who they don't like or threaten their power.

Still, they probably shouldn't have killed you outright.

I also does care about money, women and land, but i could just think, you can't really kill a ennemy who surrender, who is in a jail in your castle.

I add a few time where a single swing would be enough to kill an unarmed prisonner, but i couldn, i would prefer he promise me to leave his faction and join mine.

Trust, honor, stuff like that. But i'm really questionning myself, do they worth it ?

Hm... if they really didn't want your help, yet wanted to deal with you they should have just ordered surrender. If you guys were so badly armed it wouldn't be hard to force you into a cell, and if you don't comply they'd get the blood they wanted.

That was actually an aweful trap to finish up a agonizing group.

A mass produced backstab if you want.

And no, we didn't resisted. Actually, half of them were wounded.
The Tirok has a sort of "code" right ?

Splintert said:
Medieval lords tended to care about money, women, and land. Not honor, courage and sparing the weak. They have a greater chance of taxing the weak to death, executing people who they don't like or threaten their power.

Still, they probably shouldn't have killed you outright.

what on earth are you mixing up here? The fact that you have the mousebutton for the attack and typo for interaction is what makes taxing by death easier in warband-mods as PW, as you really have more money for less work/clicks. It ois in no way authentic rp to randomly kill, but PW engine and Rules (yeah also the rules on NA) just enforce it to shoot/hack first bc you know the other WILL do it sometime anyway.

The unfunny thing is it is ALWAYS a trap and actually i have not been captured once as a noble (andusually unarmed) Lady in two weeks, but always looted and seldomly spared.

I prefer firing squads.

On a side note, using three poison daggers on someone while they're in a jail cell and berating them would be far more entertaining. Also, forcing someone to buy peasant gear when they're in plate is cruelly satisfying.

There is trust beatwen certain people. I did Nobles and then High Nobles thing exactly for this perpouse: to exclude people of honor from random Rplayers. It worked and is still working to some extand. (just now we play in distant worlds far far way :cry:)

Back
Top Bottom