SP Fantasy Age of Descent / Development will be continued by Roborob. soon new thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, just sent you a pm. if anyone else likes this mod idea, wants to see it done soon as possible, and is willing to help out with anything, even if it's just one model or texture please step forward.also in a week or two i will have enough firearms done and gonna start working on scene props. help on that is welcome too.

cheers!

UPDATE

yes really  :grin: , gonna try to update this thread more frequently, so that people can keep track of the mod development.I had a big problem with polycount, most of my weapons had it too high, so lately i've been redoing many of the weapons, doing new ones...And now now i can say that the weapons for the first release are ready  :cool:, i've done over 50 items...and i'm also collaborating with the "Perennial Nuisance" Mod and the "Warhammer" Mod, so we will exchange stuff. counting up my new items and the items i will use from other mods the mod will represent a total "arsenal " change from vanilla M & B  . Soon i will post screens of them all. and in a day or too i will post screns of all the new armor i have  :wink:

made another cutlass for you! please send more images of things you want done, i'll be happy to help! (if I can)

Cheers for the update thing!
glad everythings coming along so nicely :grin:

2 comments:

Duke,
Your models are awesome. You're very talented and your artistic creativity is refreshing. Keep up the good work and I look forward to future releases of your mod

Stoned-dude,
I've seen you helping out with several peoples mods, and thats great. its nice to see that you're so willing to contribute to other peoples mods, especially since you are quite good at modeling. I'm sure it will be rewarding when you're playing through all of your favourite mods and you get to see some of your very own creations for sale at the vendor :smile: good for you

ok! (sigh), it toOK a long time, but now all the necessary weapon models are finished. I will use items from other mods too(like Pirates) and I am collaborating with "Perennial Nuisance" Mod(one of the reasons for posting this screens is for Hussey to see what he could use).Like I said before i modified many of the items i had already modelled(some of them are seen here). The swords...well i have made just a few, but since there are so many sources from other mods and since I'm counting with the (much appreciated) contribution of Stone_Dude I think I can start working on clothing, scenes and finish up scripting. I won't post no more screens of weapons(the ones not shown will be...well... a surprise  :wink:) the next you will see(maybe one or two weeks) is clothing and scene screens...and in the near future, in-game screens  :wink:

here are the models, I'm very proud of their quality( all of them are with the ideal polygon count..and I'm glad they still look good):

Some Lorenzoni system repeating flintlocks(it took me a long time, but i found excellent references for these)
3459ds2.jpg

Some "noble" engraved revolving rifles
benoitdi7.jpg

"Standard" like revolving firearms, all of them with a star simble
100lkl6.jpg

twp "couch guns" one of them double-barreled
azombies05qf0.jpg

a 22-shot repeating air gun, based on the famous Lewis air rifle, used on his expeditions
aaaaaaaaaaayf2.jpg

a double barrelled fowler/shotgun and a revolving carbine, inspired by the also famous Artemus Wheeler gun
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaia6.jpg

a couple of fowlers and an ottoman rifle
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaajr9.jpg

flintlock revolvers, collier patent
boatzombievg8.jpg

a 3-barrel artistic pistol and 4-barrel "pepperbox" like pistol
bruce20campbell20handstr4.jpg

Flintlock "pepperbox" revolvers
abronsonautovb8.jpg

a revolving carbine
bruce1mo0.jpg

two simple "precision" flintlock pistols
brucecampbvespa60918340eu0.jpg

a cutlass
61an1.jpg

this one is special one: I modelled it after the "Masamume" sword from the highlander movies(love that corny old movie  :grin:)  it's  meant to be an unique quest item.
brucecampbellhe6.jpg

there you go, i think it will be a while till more updates but this is a big one tough  :razz:

Also, changed the title to amore suiting one. "DeadLands", since Zombies are not the main theme of the mod anymore.

cheers!

Since it looks like the new version of M&B is going to have weapon animations, have you given any thought to animating the guns? I don't know how hard it would be to animate a revolving barrel or a firing hammer, but it might be worth considering.

if you mean animating the weapon itself(that chambers to rotate and other stuff) it's not worth it, it would slow down the game, and M&B is a "light-weight" game in graphical terms, it's not unreal tournament or stuff like that. i might be adding new rifle animations(since the musket animation sucks badly) and in the future new reloading animations according to weapon types(revolvers, lorenzonis,pepperboxes and etc), that is when new animations are implemented...maybe next version(hopefully)

That is completely awesome dude. The rate at which you're churning out these great models reminds me of poor Scion.. let's just hope your mod doesn't meet his mod's limbo fate... all the best and eagerly awaiting the final product  :grin:

UPDATE

Factions concept/preview

I have this written since the beginning of the mod.decided to post just to see if the ideas are liked:

Setting overview:
  Quinn Island and all nearby habitated lands enjoyed almost a century of peace and prosperity, thanks to a stable government and a vaccine that praticcaly eradicated the plague. All begins to change when the vaccine starts to loose it's effect and once again chaos breaks loose in the land. King Richmond orders the ports to be shut down and declares martial law. A great depression starts and the price of a mildly effective vaccine begin increasing drastically . Soon political conflict begins when the interests of the nobles and the rich common people start to difer (richmond plans to sacrifice common wealth to stabilize the island).A revolution begins, and the King's army is faced with a powerfull militia...The land divides itself when some of the cities and outposts declare independence. The Prisoner Colonies to the west explode in riot, and soon all convicted criminals and madmen are roaming the lands...
"And so, at the the darkest time, when reason has it that men should ally to survive, brother fights against brother for godless reasons..."

The Factions:

*Quinn Army: Defenders of monarchy, the most well equipped force and very experienced.
*People's Republican Army: Not as well equipped and experienced as the King's army, but much more numerous.mostly formed of militias and armed pesants and farmers.
*Ghouls: The wretched infected.they do not pose a threat to fortified cities were vaccine is enough to avoid pandemics. peasants, farmers, refugees, villagers and travellers are the ones who frequently fall prey to these vicious creatures.
*Outlaws,Bandits and mercenaries: Since the western prisoner colonies fell, there are large numbers of outlaws, cuthroats,bandits and mercenaries roaming the land...a very unstable factor in the outcome of the war.
*"The Dark Mass" a.k.a "Satan's Children" : Nobody knows how long these people have been living in the wilderness around Faux Mountains to the south.Apparently nobody even knew of their existence until the war and depression began. These religious fanatics have been waiting quietly and secretly for their "profecies" to come true...Now the opportunity has come for them to fullfill them.
  "They are not human my friend! I saw it with own two eyes! They will fight you till the last drop of their blood even when greatly outnumbered, and they won't leave anyone alive!In the midst of battle their women will cut the throats of the wounded laying on ground...roaming the battlefield like harpies...may God forgive these vicious monsters!
*"John's Followers" : The prisoner riots were leaded by a powerful individual who self-proclaimed himself "Prester John", and formed a powerful and loyal army... he has already taken two cities to the west and his numbers grow day by day...Neither of the sides of the civil war take him as a threat...but they should.

cheers!

blood. I'm working on "clawed" like hands for the ghouls. it will make them more scary and solve the weapon problem i always had with them(the problem was basicly an enourmous amount of different opinions and my own uncertainty about What weapons should they use).

claws may look strange when they use the 1h animation. maybe if you use the unarmed combat animations it would look normal, but i'm not sure if that's possible. great work, i love the guns.

UPDATE

I've been trying my hand at scenes and texturing some new clothing(soon screens). here's how I'm doing. this is supposed to be the first acessible town, a replacement to zendar.I'm shoting for a dark mood here, inspired by the photography of Tim Burton' "Sleepy Hollow' Movie...well, guess it's impossible to build a scenario like that in m&b, but this is the closest i can get. i darkened the grass and building textures, managed to get some fog in...and voila!  :grin:
The city is deserted right now,so i had that "Omega Man" feeling when walking through it. but adding a few guards with muskets on those walls and some townspeople,beggars,whores and merchants inside is going to change that off course  :grin:
untitled1px2.jpg

untitled2wf5.jpg

untitled3xp5.jpg

untitled5nj7.jpg

untitled4cg1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom