AAR: The Saga of Kelrathus

Users who are viewing this thread

Demonwolf

Knight
The Saga of Kelrathus
A Mount&Blade: Warband AAR (After-Action Report)​

mb1t.jpg

Well, I got inspired by monnikje aka Floris' AAR. This is about a guy called Kelrathus, the son of a minor noble in Balion.

Difficulty:
Damage to Player: Normal
Damage to Friends: Normal
Combat AI: Good
Campaign AI: Good
Combat Speed: Normal
Battle Size: 150

Playing Floris Expanded with Iboltax's Improved Faces.

A glitch occured in the game so I have restarted.

Index:
Chapter 1 - Fjords of Sargoth

Prologue/Backstory:

October 8 1256

Betrayal. Wrath. Vengeance. Freedom. These have all marked my life. I, Kelrathus, am the first son of a minor noble of the kingdom of Balion, serving the king unquestionably. All my life, I have served my king with honour as I brought down the armies of rival kingdoms. And all without the thought of power or gold.

However, my friend, who was a brother to me, wanted more power for himself. He told the king that I was trying to raise an army to usurp the throne. He claimed that I was inciting a rebellion among the other thanes. The king, being the fool he was, believed it entirely and sent me to prison, where I was to await the day when I was to be hung on the gallows.

Many months did I spend in that prison, frustrated and mad at my friend. My brother, who had betrayed me. Slowly, I planned my escape.

One night, which seemed uneventful, I called a guard to come in front of my cell to ask him a question. As soon as he was there, I hit his head with a stone I had been hiding. Thud. The hapless guard fell to the ground. I quickly grabbed the keys and opened my door, then freeing the others as well. Guards rushed to quell the uprising, and while they were distracted, I snuck out of the prison and ran as fast as I could. Freedom.

I was eager to leave this accursed land that had forsaken me, but before I left, I decided to drop by for a little visit. In the darkness of the night, I climbed the castle walls, snuck into the bedroom, and drawing my family knife, I went up to the sleeping body in the bed. Wrath clouded my mind. My own brother, who had betrayed me, will finally pay the price. Letting loose a bloodchilling warcry, he woke up only to find himself being gutted like a pig. His death was slow and painful. And especially bloody. By the time I was done, blood had covered my eyes, his entrails were on the floor, and pieces of his brain smashed into the walls. I then struck the knife into his skull, marking me of the crime. I had never felt that good in my life.

Knowing that I would be caught if I was found still in the kingdom, I cleaned myself at a nearby rived and disguised myself as a beggar. I went to the port and boarded on the first ship I landed. Perhaps it was fate that led me to this ship that would bring me to the land of Calradia, where, unknowingly, my destiny awaited.

Lord Brutus said:
Alas, no lust, but interesting nonetheless.

Been reading karviteri's too much, eh? Don't worry, it might come up once Kel meets a lady  :wink:

Diputs said:
You've got pretty good writing style. I'll be reading often, so keep up the good work.

Thanks  :grin:

Ogrecorps said:
RalliX said:
Please note, Demonwolf, that Saga is not spelt with to G's.
Neither is "two" spelled with no "w".

As for the AAR, great start, keep going.

:lol:

Thanks, I will.

Next chapter will be written today. Trying to get something interesting in the game to happen. Might try my hand in helping a village defend itself from bandits.  :mrgreen: If that fails, I'll just keep fighting Sea Raiders till I get some better equipment.

Guys, some error happened on my character where he lost all his items, money, clothes, skills, even ghis face morph. The only thing that's still there is his party members. I'll have to get all the stuff back now through import-export, which will probably take an hour to a day, so progress delayed.

You've got good writing skills, dare I say it a better creative writer than floris. I like its not flooded with screenshots too, I dont like it when theres more pictures than writing. Might be just a personal thing though.

You might want to look into Floris' mod pack, makes the game alot more fun (though the troop trees are harder to understand).

Sorry to hear about the error, hope you get to write more soon, ill deffo follow it!

Bad news, the game got screwed up for some odd reason. Shops don't sell what they should sell, rather they sell farmer clothes. On all four shops. Some other guys' head morphs are also wrong.

I guess I'd have to restart. Perhaps I should change to Floris instead?

gutted! having a go with Floris wont hurt. Play with edit mode on (found in config) on to change you chars appearance, you can export/import him to a floris map (native save is compatable but safer to start over). Floris will give you so much more scope, spesh with diplomacy=epic.

Dead simple to install the mod as well. Download then extract the zipped file into the modules folder in your warband directory! i was amazed at how easy it was.

Ragnar Dreadbane said:
gutted! having a go with Floris wont hurt. Play with edit mode on (found in config) on to change you chars appearance, you can export/import him to a floris map (native save is compatable but safer to start over). Floris will give you so much more scope, spesh with diplomacy=epic.

Dead simple to install the mod as well. Download then extract the zipped file into the modules folder in your warband directory! i was amazed at how easy it was.

I already have Floris  :lol:

Edit: Or how about, rather than playing the game, I just create in based on my own imagination, without playing the game at all! Then I could do random bizarre things such as 10,000 soldiers in an army and such.

What do you think?

Demonwolf said:
Ragnar Dreadbane said:

Edit: Or how about, rather than playing the game, I just create in based on my own imagination, without playing the game at all! Then I could do random bizarre things such as 10,000 soldiers in an army and such.

What do you think?

Well that would be fan fiction rather than an AAR. End of the day its up to you.

I would think AARs are easier to write because you dont have to create a ever changing world with betrayel and such. Plus cos people are doing similar things in game they can relate and be inspired to play certains styles (like Floris). Poll it after the Floris one.

Id say AAR. But you decide.

Ragnar Dreadbane said:
Demonwolf said:
Ragnar Dreadbane said:

What do you think?

Well that would be fan fiction rather than an AAR. End of the day its up to you.

I would think AARs are easier to write because you dont have to create a ever changing world with betrayel and such. Plus cos people are doing similar things in game they can relate and be inspired to play certains styles (like Floris). Poll it after the Floris one.

Id say AAR. But you decide.

That was just a thought. AARs are better than fan fics anyday.

I was given so much options in the poll that I didn't know what to vote haha. But I went for an easy "Yes"

Keep the good work, I like it so far!

Back
Top Bottom