Fixed Troop Tree Upgrades (Complete w/ Factions)

Users who are viewing this thread

Z_E_N

Regular
Going on earlier work by the community that fixed the mercenary camp upgrades, I set on the task to fix all the factions and the neutral tree.  It took quite a bit longer than suspected because of the Veteran system; and I haven't fully tested it.

As usual, back up your current troops.txt file before replacing it with this one, in case of catastrophic failure, or a Talesworld Patch:

http://www.mediafire.com/?u6gphp2r7hontqj

Now onto the fun part:

All factions are "fixed" for now until an official patch, that is they all start with some sort of peasant unit and upgrade from there.

When choosing how to branch the tree, I decided to go by unit type, and unit level.  Thus a straight line is typically the same unit type with some exceptions.  You will notice because of Veteran units, sometimes an upgraded unit will be lower level than the Veteran unit (this is actually quite often).

There really wasn't a way around this without neglecting Veteran units entirely, but you can kind of consider it like this.  A Tier 3 Melee Veteran will be slightly better than a Tier 4 but not a Tier 4 Veteran, etc.  Thus if you have a huge battle around the corner, it is best to keep your units at Veteran and then upgrade them to the next Tier later. 

I also spent about an hour making a Text file of the entire troop tree (not including mercenaries which are pretty obvious).  I may color code it later so you can tell what units do what, but I'm tired and just want to get to testing it first.  If someone wants to format the troop tree to make it look nicer be my guest, send me a PM and I'll let you know what units are what type etc... otherwise I'll do it another day :smile:.

This might not be what the devs intended, but for now it's a good temporary fix.  I took balance in account, as well as tried to make branches intuitive by type (Horse Gunners are separate from Horse Archers, for example).  There are a LOT of units in this game compared to Native Warband.  The number next to the name is the level of the unit.

Troop Trees:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dzk02ql3t2667hi

Edit:  After some testing in game it looks like everything is working.  I haven't run into a unit that is broken yet; but please post if you find one.

Addendum: Also to clarify on the "deleveling" units:  There is a Veteran system in place on this game that I can't fully implement aside from the standard troop tree.  The reason that your unit delevels is because they go from Veteran to a new type of unit that isn't Veteran.  The non-veteran upgrade will be slightly weaker, but the veteran version of that unit will be stronger.  Like this:

T3 Ranged - Level 6 -> T3 Ranged Veteran - Level 10 -> T4 Ranged - Level 8 ->  T4 Ranged Veteran - Level 12.

It was basically a choice of either doing it this way, or completely leaving out Veterans entirely.  I'm sure the Devs planned something else to "Veteran" your existing units, but it isn't implemented yet.  As I personally like the idea of "Veteran" units being a little stronger than the next tier up, I decided to put those in as well. 

Edit: Fixed Zaprozhian Cavalry upgrade to Veteran

hey man thanks for your hard work even if it doesnt work i appreciate it will be looking at it in a bit to see if it works for me

Awesome, I wish I can try it now. But I really need to go to bed.

If there is not patch tomorrow. I will give this a shot.

i started a new game and cheated around to test things so far everything works and i'd say you have got the veteran system right and if not it works great for now

dreamingof2004 said:
i started a new game and cheated around to test things so far everything works and i'd say you have got the veteran system right and if not it works great for now

Thanks, I've been testing it as well and seems good so far.  Lots of units to sort through but so far so good.

What happens to the additional equip you can buy in the merc camps, after updating troops?

Do I have to invest again, or do they keep their weapons/armor ?

Isnt working for me. I tried 3 ways.

1) Taking out original txt and replacing it with trooptree.txt .. error popped up saying it cant open troops.txt
2) Taking out original txt and replacing it with trooptree.txt and renameing it to troops.txt .. some random error pops up.
3) Running the game with both txt in game folder... nothing changed..

so what do i need to do?

tarps2 said:

1) Taking out original txt and replacing it with trooptree.txt .. error popped up saying it cant open troops.txt
2) Taking out original txt and replacing it with trooptree.txt and renameing it to troops.txt .. some random error pops up.

so what do i need to do?

http://www.mediafire.com/?2aecfj9kn97p9j2

The first link. The second link just shows to what you can upgrade you troops to. The first link has a file called troops.txt

Redus said:
tarps2 said:

so what do i need to do?

The first link. The second link just shows to what you can upgrade you troops to. The first link has a file called troops.txt

Hahaa .. i see Ty mate.. i feel silly now

For someone who still wants to try and play the game anyway without this file, what are my options to get a high level army?

Z_E_N said:
Going on earlier work by the community that fixed the mercenary camp upgrades, I set on the task to fix all the factions and the neutral tree.  It took quite a bit longer than suspected because of the Veteran system; and I haven't fully tested it.
Troop Trees:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dzk02ql3t2667hi
Edit:  After some testing in game it looks like everything is working.  I haven't run into a unit that is broken yet; but please post if you find one.

This mod will cause that after some time AI parties would be too big like 1500+ of soldiers.

Maxim Suvorov said:
This mod will cause that after some time AI parties would be too big like 1500+ of soldiers.

how'd you know? Does that happend for you ? So far my game seems fine

Back
Top Bottom