• Yes ill be playing Fire and Sword alot more than Warband

Votes: 66 6.7%
  • No ill be playing Warband alot more than Fire and Sword

Votes: 259 26.5%
  • Im not sure im 50/50

Votes: 246 25.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I didn't think it is terrible, I just feel that it is an alternative to Warband. I like both games (Warband more) and I hope that thee source code will eventually be released. They made some pretty good improvements from the Russian release of the game. Also I like the added intro they added which is cool. The Scripted events were mind opening because I didn't know you could do that much stuff in one scene. I'm curious if they use triggers directly in the scenes or something.

The only real gripe I have with the game is that I don't understand the troop system. I don't get how to upgrade my troops if I wanted. I'm also trying to figure out if marriage is still an option in the game.

MagicSwap said:
It may be because I'm new but I'd have to choose warband. The M&B series change alot from Warband to F&S. Personally I'd choose Warband but when I get more used to the changes of F&S I'd think it will be better. Maybe people just have a hard time with the changes.
No it actually went: Classic M&B -> F&S on M&B (Russian Only Release) -> Warband -> F&S Ported to Warband. So really this isn't TW's main game. It's actually a port of Classic M&B version from Russia.

No tournaments??? Dang that was my main resource of income...place 100 denars on each round easily 4000 towards the end, better start learning how to trade better.

In a word.  Meh, I don't really find it better.  The things that made Warband awesome are nonexistant in F&W.  I suppose some of the elements don't work in F&W?  But who cares, when has that ever stopped such elements from being implemented.

Oh and marraige?  Definitely no, can't marry a pixelated woah-man.

Fire and Sword is in addition to Warband, not instead of Warband, and its balls awesome  :mrgreen:.

WFaS is a terrible disappointment. I've played mods for Warband that have a leg up in every way imaginable on WFaS. If I had any chance of actually getting my money back, I'd demand it back. Then I'd buy a copy of Warband and send it to the devs so they could play a good game before they put out another p.o.s. like WFaS.

For the record, the poll tallies at this moment...

15% WFaS is better.
58% Warband is better.
The rest for some reason or another "aren't sure".

Ignoring the indecisives, when nearly four times as many people say your older game was better than the new one, you're doing it wrong. 

One last personal observation. There is absolutely no excuse for charging people to play a game that doesn't contain even HALF the number of improvements that free to download mods contained for a previous version, let alone a game that actually removes various features from an existing model and replaces them with nothing. This is a disgrace.

I wonder how these forums would looks if only people who bought F&S were talking about it  :grin:.

Salty said:
I wonder how these forums would looks if only people who bought F&S were talking about it  :grin:.
Good point, Fire & Sword isn't a bad game at all, it just the fact that it's a port. I can't complain. I guess it's because I know it wasn't made after Warband. Like I said before, they made some really good improvements from the one using the classic M&B Engine. I think I spent that $13 well.

It doesn't feel like a finished game for example I was playing in siege and when I stopped walking my guy would slide alittle in the other direction, or when I tried to melee my guy would stop in the middle of the attack and delay for a few seconds causing me to lose alot of duels, also every now and then I would get killed from a guy that wasn't even facing me, and then the worst one of all once or twice when I tried to melee a guy my sword would go straight through him but do no damage at all.

SaganA said:
It doesn't feel like a finished game for example I was playing in siege and when I stopped walking my guy would slide alittle in the other direction, or when I tried to melee my guy would stop in the middle of the attack and delay for a few seconds causing me to lose alot of duels, also every now and then I would get killed from a guy that wasn't even facing me, and then the worst one of all once or twice when I tried to melee a guy my sword would go straight through him but do no damage at all.
What your talking about isn't incompleteness in gameplay features or story but bugs and glitches. That's what patches are for, & Warband has had many.

Computica said:
SaganA said:
What your talking about isn't incompleteness in gameplay features or story but bugs and glitches. That's what patches are for, & Warband has had many.

Yet this game has been out for about half a year in other regions. I just would have assumed a little more polish.

To give TW a little credit I have to say they're trying different things out.  Removing some loved characteristics in favor of pushing the player to follow a given path may not go over well, but at least they're trying stuff out.  I have absolutley no problem paying for this game.  I love what TW has put out in the past, which was a good platform.  I'm not looking at this game to be the Next Warband.  I'm looking for something new, and I at least hope everyone who is so harsh on this game to begin with can at least give TW credit for trying something different, aside from whether it was a good idea/plan or not.

It really seems like a glorified mod for Warband. There doesn't seem like enough changes beyond the scope of a (polished) mod.

Arkitektbmw said:
To give TW a little credit I have to say they're trying different things out.  Removing some loved characteristics in favor of pushing the player to follow a given path may not go over well, but at least they're trying stuff out.  I have absolutley no problem paying for this game.  I love what TW has put out in the past, which was a good platform.  I'm not looking at this game to be the Next Warband.  I'm looking for something new, and I at least hope everyone who is so harsh on this game to begin with can at least give TW credit for trying something different, aside from whether it was a good idea/plan or not.

For the ****ing last time, TaleWorlds did not make this game.

Yes, it really is a glorified mod, but why is that a bad thing? I bought it earlier tonight (8pm) thinking I'd play for a few minutes and then go to bed. It's now 1AM and I can't stop playing it!

That said, I'll still play Warband liberally...but I think this new one is damn fun too. Overall, I think Warband is better...but it's hard to beat shooting pikemen down with my carbine.

Sushiman said:
Arkitektbmw said:

For the ******** last time, TaleWorlds did not make this game.

Then who did? On the steam page, these are the details:

Title: Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword
Genre: Action, RPG
Developer: TaleWorlds
Publisher: Paradox Interactive
Release Date: 4 May 2011
Languages: English, French, German, Spanish

http://store.steampowered.com/app/48720/

I'm still playing the game to see what new things it has but I found out there are no tournaments. Fail. The game looks nice but Warband atmosphere is way better.

I like the new game but the same music and same looking people is getting very old.Some of the new mechanics are cool but it seems like others from the older games have been removed.It does look better graphically in some respects to.Sadly it appears we cannot spent gold and choose who to upgrade in training now.I see training being done but no troops being upgraded.I seem to only get 4 points of training a day.I am 50/50 on this compared to warband.

Back
Top Bottom