• Yes ill be playing Fire and Sword alot more than Warband

Votes: 66 6.7%
  • No ill be playing Warband alot more than Fire and Sword

Votes: 259 26.5%
  • Im not sure im 50/50

Votes: 246 25.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I see this as an expansion in the possibilities for Warband Mods. Frankly, I'm thinking it's about time for a rollicking, musketeer-style adventure, complete with the romance possibilities, the dalliances, the resulting duels with cuckolded husbands and jealous other would-be lovers. The English, the French, the Spanish, etc., I hope the creators keep the scripting of the various elements available, because combined, Warband and F&S would be awesome, by themselves... not so much. 

quicksilver67 said:
I see this as an expansion in the possibilities for Warband Mods. Frankly, I'm thinking it's about time for a rollicking, musketeer-style adventure, complete with the romance possibilities, the dalliances, the resulting duels with cuckolded husbands and jealous other would-be lovers. The English, the French, the Spanish, etc., I hope the creators keep the scripting of the various elements available, because combined, Warband and F&S would be awesome, by themselves... not so much.
  Great idea.

Eruonen said:
Salty said:
Obviously its basically an expanded Warband
I love how they expanded it by taking out ruling your own kingdom, playing a female character, removing tournaments and "un-polishing" the game.
They took out the ability to rule your own kingdom!? laaaaame.  That was my entire motive for warband and the original SP.

About the "missing features from Warband"-thing:
Q: Is it the same game that was released in Eastern Europe?
A: Quote from Mikail Yazbeck: "It was actually released twice over there. The most recent release is this new version of the game that’s been made in the Warband engine(which we’ve since polished even more for the international release). And the first release was inside of the Mount & Blade 1 engine and was released in between M&B 1 and M&B:Warband, but only in Eastern Europe. That older version of course didn’t have all the features that this version has, but was demanded enough for us(and by us I mean Sich Studios/Snowberry along with TaleWorlds) to want to remake it using the Warband engine and bring to an international audience."
Maybe they just didn't include all the features of the (later released) Warband?

To the topic:
I definately am disappointed. Simply replacing Crossbows with guns doesn't make sense. It gives the feeling that they somehow just forgot some part of their technology (they still have bows though!).
Compared to Warband I see this as a small step back. But just a small one: After all it has some nice features I've been missing in Warband: cattle following you, talking directly to the elder and stuff like that. Sure, there are mods, but there will also be mods for this one....

Crossbows did die out long before bows thanks to firearms. Bows only really stuck around due to tradition. When it came to armies though, why would you give your recruits a crossbow if you could give them a musket?

I prefer Warband I only really play duels and occasionally battles, which is arguably a small portion of the player base. The Fire and Sword melee combat feels clumsy and shallow when compared to Warbands. Two-handers and pole-arms are insanely slow (I'm a fan of game-play over realism), they all swing like great mauls. Chambers are just odd now, due to slow weapon speeds they don't look like counter-attacks at all. Two handers and polearms also seem to bounce off armour more often than in Warband, though still less than one handers. One hander combat doesn't seem as bad, although due to some odd shapes and phantom reach it's far from ideal. I was thinking many of these oddities might of occurred because they were attempting to make musket melee combat viable? I could get used to dueling with one handers in F&S, but I don't see why I'd want to, when I can simply duel in Warband - where there are three viable classes of dueling weapons.

I understand I represent a small part of the player-base, but I don't understand many of the changes made to combat mechanics. What's great about Warband is that you don't need mode specific weapons, the game is well balanced so most weapons will work for most modes, and the depth of combat achievable in duel mode is somewhat transferable to other game modes.

I think the game certainly has potential , some great looking new weapons and outfits - cool factions, nice maps and a cool SP, I'm not overly disappointed I brought it - I just wish the combat mechanics were balanced better.

tialexandre said:
John7 said:
GenericSoldierX said:
No, it's a pile of crap.

It's like a massive downgrade from Warband, or even the original MB.

It's painful to play.

:shock: Umm what a nice review
PEOPLE ARE OVERREACTING god JUST SHUT UP ABOUT IT
ITS YOUR PROBLEM IF YOU BOUGHT IT

Love how "god" was the only thing not capsed in that post.

I didn`t know about the tournaments  :shock:

Salty said:
Fire and Sword is awesome, been playing it nonstop since I got it.  Obviously its basically an expanded Warband so you cant really say its better than Warband, but its new and fresh so Ill definitely be playing this more than warband for the time being.

Probably wont be going back to Warband 1 player, not so sure about multiplayer either...I think I would miss carrying 3 guns  :mrgreen:.  Very happy with Fire and Sword so far.

EXPANDED WARBAND?

I honestly hope you arent serious.

They might as well call it: "The Eagle and Radiant Cross: Pay to play edition."

I mean, i am HEAVILY disappointed.

Warband ranks up there with some of the best games ive ever played.

and most of the best games ive ever played are on that mental list due to nostalgia. So its really justed biased. Warband, however, was more recent. And it STILL beats those. Its just pure amazing greatness.

F&SW was just:

"Lets take away EVERYTHING ELSE and add guns, something a million other mods already have!"

I think they are both great but very different.

I like WF&S because it is a change of pace. However, I will in no way quit playing Warband.

Play them both! And stop comparing them. :razz:

As others stated, they are in a way two different games. But I feel like they didn't really take their time with this one. It's almost like they took warband slapped on new features deleted old ones and produced a game that truly could use more content. They have this huge world created and it always just feels empty to me. I love warband and what they improved in it compared to the second one and some of the kingdom options just are not their in FnS. I understand its more of a realistic time period but still there just seems to be something missing with this installment.

Disappointed, I'll go back to Warband until mods come out. I like the Storyline, but the guns suck, and i dont mean the reloading, I Think its fine, its realistic but the shooting mechanic is awful and they removed way too much stuff like female players and founding your own kingdom.

Terrible Terrible Game. Well not Terrible Terrible Terrible, but definitely steps back.

They better add back some features from Warband... and not making a Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword Warband Expansion to sell....

It may be because I'm new but I'd have to choose warband. The M&B series change alot from Warband to F&S. Personally I'd choose Warband but when I get more used to the changes of F&S I'd think it will be better. Maybe people just have a hard time with the changes.

Back
Top Bottom