• Yes ill be playing Fire and Sword alot more than Warband

Votes: 66 6.7%
  • No ill be playing Warband alot more than Fire and Sword

Votes: 259 26.5%
  • Im not sure im 50/50

Votes: 246 25.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Combat speed is just way to slow and nothing like Warbands other than that a few other things (like slower horses) its not too bad

Main reason im not playing fire and sword alot more is the combat speed

Fastest combat speed on WFAS is slower than Slowest combat speed on Warband

Fix that and ill spend hours on it  :grin:

John7 said:
Combat speed is just way to slow and nothing like Warbands other than that a few other things (like slower horses) its not too bad

I completly agree, but for now Warband is better, even with nicer colours etc etc, I don't care for graphics anyway.

The Eagle and the Radiant Cross mod for regular Mount and Blade was better than this I think.

As for these 2 in particular, I will be playing Warband a lot more than WFAS

John7 said:

It's not the combat speed, it's the weapon proficiencies of some troops and speed ratings of the weapons. Most of the one-handers have similar speeds to Warband. Two-handers, on the other hand, are rather slow.

Definatly not better then warband, i mean the things in F&S has already been seen in Warband mods, which is a huge letdown, even the animations are the same as in Warband mods, i mean gonna sell something new, atleast have the deacency to make it different then Warband mods...

Problem is (with combat speed) that because you have to be much more cautious of guns in WFAS, you use firearms much more than melee weapons like swords. This means over time instead of 200+ one-handed weapon proficiencies, you only have 100, and instead have 200+ firearms proficiencies. This translates to slower melee combat speeds.

It's not better than Warband, but it is different, and I am enjoying it for that. It may not be what some were expecting, but I don't think it is anywhere near as bad as has been claimed.

Eruonen said:
Nope, it's the biggest disappointment I've had in a video game since Deus Ex Invisible War.
What!?! I loved Deus Ex Invisible War  :shock: But anyway the lack of cannons dissapointed me in Fire & Sword, not to mention all the bugs...with patches it hopefully will become better. I still have hope for it.  :neutral:

I like WFaS because of the era and i enjoy the musket battles as much as medieval battles  BUT i must  say i'm dissapointed about
* trading being forced to accompany the caravans sucks  i need to concentrate on fighting that should be done automatically  i mean establishing some trade routes or somethin' like that and if i wanna do the original trading  the goods listed aren't in town
* money  i really have a big problem gettin'em  that period represented the beginning of the entrepreneurial age (yeah almost 100y later but the idea ) - more enterprises
* character  i have to stay out of battles and let my men fight and it's very difficult to gain experience so it's very hard to get a big army and other skills
* fights they are so unbalanced
If TW or who ever made this game would bring up some features from WB this would become an awesome game

I know this topic is probably very unused, but incase anyone stumbles across it, here is why the games are similar

I did some searching in the module python files (which you download to help create game modules) and the troops have references to troops from Warband.
Basically, they have reused the old code from Warband in this game.
So, the ranged troops from Warband have been given new items.
In fact, I found that it was relatively obvious that crossbows had been replaced with muskets and thrown weapons with grenades.

This would be outrageous if it was branded as a completely new game, however it is said to build on the Warband combat system.

Overall, it is Warband in a different setting and era.  It takes place after Warband when guns have been invented and has a less fictional land.

Back
Top Bottom