By the Lust of Men - M&B Warband AAR (Chapter 11 Posted)

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord Brutus said:
Now I can't wait to see what happens when Alissa goes to the feast.  More lust perhaps.

Oh Brutus! Either you are very smart or I am very predictable (or both), but yes, Chapter 9 is about the feast  :grin:

As it is at home, when I fail to clean up all the crumbs, the household pests emerge, so it is with the forum.

Karviteri, you need win no tournament, you are invited regardless.  Coy would have been invited, but she has gone in shameless and futile pursuit of the low-born and ignoble, and I leave her to her fate, inglorious as it is. :sad:  Same for the little tattle-tale.

Et tu, Caba`drin?  Then die , Brutus. :sad:

Awaiting the feast.

You know we love you Brutus :p

on topic:
Keep the chapters coming, the character seems to be the anti-Evangeline.

By the Lust of Men

68029302.jpg

Chapter 9: The commoner

To follow the Calradic tradition, Alissa was invited to the feast held in Praven by the host - King Harlaus himself - as she became the new champion of the tournament. For the last 50 years the winner has always been of noble birth, which caused the King's guests to not be quite happy about sharing the table with a commoner this time around. However, for the sake of honor King Harlaus was forced to send the invitation.

Alissa went back to the inn where they were staying for the night to take a bath before joining the feast. She wore her combat balck dress and, once ready, she went her way to the Castle. On the streets people cheered and greeted by her name at the same time they were stunned by her beauty. It was a great moment for Alissa and it would stay in her best memories for ever.

But not everything was happiness for our beautiful lady in that day. When she arrived to the Castle entrance, the guard requested to remove all her weapons and to show the invitation with the King's seal. She gave her weapons to the man along with the invitation, allowing her to come inside the Castle. As soon as Alissa took the first step inside the Castle, silence fell upon the place. "I'm not sitting in a table with a commoner" - one of the King's vassals said and left the feast. It only took a few seconds before the remaining guests abandoned the place, including Harlaus himself. Everybody was gone except for Mistress Bernatys and a strange man - It could be perceived that something was different in him.

43435752.jpg

After greeting Mistress Bernatys, who was really impressed by Alissa's performance during the torunament, she approached the stranger. "I am Lord Kastor, the rightful Doge of the Rhodoks, who will free them from tyranny" - he introduced himself to Alissa - "I thought Rhodok Republic was ruled by Doge Graveth? - she said with confusion - "The Rhodoks are free people, and not slaves to any hereditary monrach" - Lord Kastor exclaimed as he expained how Graveth used war as an excuse to manipulate the last elections, showing himself a traitor to the Rhodok confederacy and its sacred customs.

80677913.jpg

"So, you are of noble birth, why didn't you leave with the rest?" - Alissa asked - "I am an honorable man, my lady. Besides I wouldn't miss the oporunity to share the table with such an attractive young woman" - Lord Kastor replied - "Don't be fooled by the lust of men, it is not my beauty which led me here" - Alissa exclaimed, and with a slight smile he said - "Indeed. You are a great warrior and that is the reason of why we are having this conversation. I am a wanted man in my country and I have no friends I could rely on to reclaim my throne"  - to what Alissa said - "I see where this is going, what is it that you need?" - "You go direct to the point. I respect that in a woman. Well, I do not expect you to join my cause, at least not know. However, I expect you to continue creating a renown for yourself and, once you have learnt the ways of the war in Calradia,  to think of all the benefits you could recieve should you help me reclaim my crown. You will know how to find me" - Lord Kastor said, as they were invited to the table by Mistress Bernatys to have dinner.

That day Alissa had a good time accompanied by Mistress Bernatys and Lord Kastor. That day a door with a new opportunity was opened for her to take. Would she accept joining Lord Kastor's cause? That decision was yet to be made, but the day was yet to come.

70464863.jpg

59976341.jpg

Kastor would have done the same thing in Graveth's shoes.  He's just bitter he didn't think of it.  But all the rulers and pretenders
in Calradia are unfit to rule.  There is only one fit ruler, Alissa. :grin:  Keep that in mind. 

Back
Top Bottom