Votes: 24 54.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Abominog

Sergeant
Keeping in mind the Current map we have and available space on it - what would you like to see added ?
Also when a Town or Fort is added 1 to 2 Villages are assigned to each.

So if 1 Town 1 Fort is added per main Faction that would be 4 Towns,4 Forts & 8 Villages

Is it possible,if you add more towns, to put hotels and banks in them,because some gangs or lawmen don't have their headquarters!BTW,excellent idea,this map should be expanded! 

As long as the map size stays the same, I would be conservative in adding new settlements, could get to cowded and lose the frontier feeling. Maybe just 1 fort per faction and the corresponding villages?

I voted 1 city/1 fort, but I prosume the map will stay the same?

I like it that it is not crowded.

But what I would actually like is to expand the minor faction holdings with special sites like the Jansen ranch (maybe a prison camp, a mine, a cattle ranch, etc.), that would be the best IMHO :smile:

Considering that this is an "Old West" mod, and much of the Old West was wide open or wilderness, I think there are enough towns and settlements as it is.  What I would rather see are more unusual locations, like ghost towns, abandoned mines, isolated farms and ranches, bandit hideouts -- that sort of thing.

UniversalWolf said:
Considering that this is an "Old West" mod, and much of the Old West was wide open or wilderness, I think there are enough towns and settlements as it is.  What I would rather see are more unusual locations, like ghost towns, abandoned mines, isolated farms and ranches, bandit hideouts -- that sort of thing.
I agree with you .

Just enlarging the map and putting some more unique parties onto it might also make travelling more interesting...less "I need to get to that town right over there, and I will meet the usual renegades/outlaws/vigilantes on the way", and more "I will go on a long trek to the nearest town, and god only knows what we will encounter on the way".

a really good way you could make the map feel bigger without actually making it bigger (while still putting new towns and stuff in) is by making the traveling speed much slower. i feel like it would seem much bigger if you had to take more than a day to get from one place to another.

Also i put this on the suggestion page but it fits here too. i think there should be buildings you can turn into a hideout or something. whether its an actual icon on the map or if its a building in a village or town and you have to be hostile and take it over or something.

At least 3 towns, 3 forts, and 5 villages per faction, and definitely a map expansion. I mean, yes, this is the unsettled West, but this map represents a huge portion of it, not just a tiny section. It definitely needs expansion. This will also make room for even more events, quests, etc.

Also, I suggest you add some ghost towns, abandoned barracks', graveyards, etc., maybe some bandit hideouts.

Also, in terms of scenes, perhaps add more town events. Hangings, dances, church services, etc., to add to realism.

More towns and villages would be nice, but only if you''ll balance it out with generals as well. The fact that Americand and Mexican generals rarely do anything is really annoying.

Hell I'd be happy if you added 1 town, as long as it had new content in it. Also...

I think you guys should make the map borders smaller, it's annoying when you have to chase an enemy with the same speed that far.

Banastre said:
At least 3 towns, 3 forts, and 5 villages per faction, and definitely a map expansion. I mean, yes, this is the unsettled West, but this map represents a huge portion of it, not just a tiny section. It definitely needs expansion. This will also make room for even more events, quests, etc.

Also, I suggest you add some ghost towns, abandoned barracks', graveyards, etc., maybe some bandit hideouts.

Also, in terms of scenes, perhaps add more town events. Hangings, dances, church services, etc., to add to realism.

I never thought of that! Churches is brilliant, as they were heavly present in the west back then and a part of most peoples daily life, idea is win

Banastre said:

I registered just to reply to this quote. Its pure brilliance.
More of everything please! Towns, forts, villages, size.... I absolutely love this mod, its the first one I added... but my first thought literally was that it needed more.
Hangings- maybe bring in generic NPC Lords that will regenerate to be hung for crimes of war.
Dance- morale boost, maybe be able to sponsor a dance
Church- honor restoration

Ive always like the idea of being able to build a town... maybe even if its a small shanty town you can upgrade

UniversalWolf said:

i agree. and i personally would like it if many of these secluded locations didnt appear on the map until you are close, as it is with Tull

A friend of mine wants me to request that there be an ability to take a pioneer wife, start a settlement (village or whatever), and start a family. Your sons are capable of joining your army or other factions, your daughters can be married off for political reasons.

Id like to see the Navajo with Chief Joseph as their leader. You can have him roll through and take foot in this area of the west in an attempt to out run the US, slightly historical. Or Maybe the French take a foot hold in Mexico.

Overall I love this mod though

Back
Top Bottom