A few things I feel should be put ingame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Methos

Recruit
Hey, many of these were probably discussed before, but im too lazy to look for them...

anyways here a few things I feel need to be added to the game to give more content...

~Ability to choose what weapon you wish to use in Tournaments~
~More Tournaments with actual Rosters and Advancement through the ranks~
~Larger Scale Battles, what this does is to put every men you have into the battle against all the enemies. What this meens is that when going up against about 30 people with 30 group members, all of the people should be allowed in the battle instead of only 6 or 7 of them. This will give the game a more warlike feel but it may cause lag on some peoples systems.~

thats all i can think of now... please reply! thanks!

I think it's rather nice that you don't know what equipment you'll get when you go to the arena. It provides that gambling element: if I spawn as a mounted, well, anything, I know I can win the fight. If I spawn as a footman, things can get interesting, and if I spawn as a foot archer, I know I will have a tough time just surviving the fight - especially if my enemies have shields.

Note that even the named "heroes", the arena fighters residing in the tavern, get random equipment. IMO this is fair and fun.

If the player was allowed to take his own stuff to the field or choose the horse+lance+shield combination, he'd probably end up winning all battles - as most of you do even now with random equipment.

Also: the arena is a great place to get increases in all weapon skills! Thus, active arena fighters are all-round characters instead of just being those fighters with just one good skill.

Having large scale battles would be rather fantastic.
Having large scale battles will make it impossible to fight for people with non-uber computers.
Even on my, pretty decent rig when I fight with help on my side and a lot of enemies - FPS get dangerously low.
On the other hand - 'battle size' can influence amount of people you get on a field at once, so people with abovementioned uber computers can crank it up and have pretty large-scale battles.
And btw, having battles like that will invaldidate tactics skill.

There is a battle size slider in the options window where you can adjust max battle size. So if you have a powerful machine drag this to maximum to have large battles.

~Ability to choose what weapon you wish to use in Tournaments~

I'm thinking of making a Mod for that. It seems quite straight forward - you would choose the Tournament options through dialogue.

~Larger Scale Battles, what this does is to put every men you have into the battle against all the enemies. What this meens is that when going up against about 30 people with 30 group members, all of the people should be allowed in the battle instead of only 6 or 7 of them. This will give the game a more warlike feel but it may cause lag on some peoples systems.~

A Mod has already been made for this.

Whitmire said:
... and if I spawn as a foot archer, I know I will have a tough time just surviving the fight - especially if my enemies have shields.

I've noticed that with a high skill in archery I can win an arena fight the fastest as a foot archer(talking about 30 seconds or so, though I'd have to time it for the best time).

Back
Top Bottom