With Fire & Sword: Questions and Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Uhm, hello there. Since my experience in WfAS just doesn't exist, can anyone guide me to what lacks generally in the game, if I were to write a few OSPs? What do people generally ask?

In black mace story i conquered all lands and the last enemy was sweden, now they have no army but the game doesnt finish, any idea?

If you take their last town/castle/fortress, and you do not get the message that the faction is eliminated, it means there is still a Swedish lord running around out there.  You can go search for him...but I just use cntrl - t to make everyone visible on the map (lifts the fog of war).

Hey mates.

So, I'm gonna give WFaS another crack, I never got past fighting looters the first time. The culture shock from hundreds of hours of warband were just too big of a barrier.

This whole troop recruitment thing is the big thing I'm struggling with. Various tidbits I googled suggest that you have to have a town before you can recruit any decent troops. But how do you get a town without a sweet army to begin with?

Also, I hear you can blow holes in city walls with engineering now. Sweeeeeet. Can't wait to try that. I'm guessing you have to have the skill yourself, not teach it to a hero? Either way, it sounds so fun I might just do it myself anyway. But how do you actually carry it out?

Also, am I right in thinking there's a story quest where one faction gets you to do another faction's claimant quest? That sounds pretty epic. How do I get in on that?

Troop recruitment thing? From my experience you just need mince on into a village and ask for recruits as usual. Those recruits can be pretty sufficient after several battles and levelups - the important thing is that you have men with muskets, and lots of. Even with top tier troops, all it takes is for some pleb the other end of the map with a flintlock to get a lucky hit and bam, veteran soldier dead. You'll need to get used to high casualty rates now that nobody's safe from musket balls.

About blowing holes in walls - don't get too excited, you don't get to see any cool visuals. Does mean sieges are a lot easier though if your Engineering is decent.

I don't know much about the storylines, despite about 30 hours of playing  :oops: (or towns, for that matter, I've never been given one).

Hello. Could you tell me how I can add more maps to Custom Battle, for example from the main game, like plains, castles etc., because the maps on the Custom Battle are very diversified. :smile: And one more, about the Custom Battle again: how can I add more types of units the player can play for, e.g. Zaporozhye cavalry or Serduk?

Hello :smile:

I have a little problem. I purchased the game through Steam and I can't activate it.

When I push "Active buttom", it display the window  "Unable to connect to activation server".

And yes i have a internet connection.

Hey, if I want to get a specific item like a hussar lance, should I check every town/fortress in the game or should I stick to Polish ones?

hi.ive seen no place to ask my question but here.guys you all played fire and sword.and saw the place named  MERCENARY CAMP.i t was easy to hire the best soldiers.but in warband.i think the stock version i mean the core the first .any thing.in this game there is no place like it.and i should cry to hire some good soldiers.please help me to resolve my problem.quick.my internet is getting slow

So recruitment from villages....is it bugged?

After forty days of asking every village (and doing quests for some villages and fighting looters) I still only managed to scrap together a total of 20 militia - some of which died to Winged Hussars. Nobody had any recruits....

I was wondering if there was any way to remove appointed people in owned towns such as a Heavy cavalry commander. I don't really need some commanders and it costs way too much.

Phalnax811 said:
So recruitment from villages....is it bugged?

After forty days of asking every village (and doing quests for some villages and fighting looters) I still only managed to scrap together a total of 20 militia - some of which died to Winged Hussars. Nobody had any recruits....
You have to join that country to be able to recruit always from every village.

2nick30 said:
I was wondering if there was any way to remove appointed people in owned towns such as a Heavy cavalry commander. I don't really need some commanders and it costs way too much.
I don't think so

Amirshah said:
hi.ive seen no place to ask my question but here.guys you all played fire and sword.and saw the place named  MERCENARY CAMP.i t was easy to hire the best soldiers.but in warband.i think the stock version i mean the core the first .any thing.in this game there is no place like it.and i should cry to hire some good soldiers.please help me to resolve my problem.quick.my internet is getting slow
I don't understand what you mean

Already mentioned it in another thread but I have a request:

I suggest adding russian in the supported languages on the store page of the game.
When entering the launcher - ruskiy is optional and works flawlessly. No point in hiding this.
Though to enable it, one has to get the russian pack (which is supplied somewhere on the official site). Please enable it by default in Steam as an officially supported language!

Additionaly with some tweaking russian may also be brought to the properties in-Steam. This is unprofessional to leave like that (esp. since the game With Fire & Sword was originally made in Russia as I understand).

A naive endeavour for developers to see and consider (particularly since Warband was updated a couple of times over the years).

Namakan said:
You posted a seperate thread in this forum, in the steam forums and now here. Will you stop?
The developers have stopped working on this ages ago and it would be more than a miracle if they would pick it up again.

Well that ain't nice.

Back
Top Bottom