Scene creating and server hosting guides

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks. I had a couple applications in the background that I kept switching to. Closing them seemed to work as well.

Eskalior said:
PW_buy_NAME:
These things are the things you can buy ingame. Place them so they have enough space, otherwise you will get problems buying them.
To change the price:
The first number shows the multiplier (10/20/30) and the second the faction (01/02/ for commoner/outlaw, 03-09 for factions)
Multiplier:
10 = 20%;
20 = 40%;
30 = 60%;
40 = 80%;
50 = 120%;
60 = 140%;
70 = 160%;
80 = 180%;
90 = 200%;
100 = 350%;
110 = 500%;
120 = 1000%
To change the dependence to a money chest:
Type the number of the moneychest (choose 2-9) in the first Value. Then half the money of the buying price will go into the chest.
To change the Stockpile:
Type the Amount of the Stockpile in Value 2.

Ra'Jiska said:
Eskalior said:
PW_buy_NAME:
These things are the things you can buy ingame. Place them so they have enough space, otherwise you will get problems buying them.
To change the price:
The first number shows the multiplier (10/20/30) and the second the faction (01/02/ for commoner/outlaw, 03-09 for factions)
Multiplier:
10 = 20%;
20 = 40%;
30 = 60%;
40 = 80%;
50 = 120%;
60 = 140%;
70 = 160%;
80 = 180%;
90 = 200%;
100 = 350%;
110 = 500%;
120 = 1000%
To change the dependence to a money chest:
Type the number of the moneychest (choose 2-9) in the first Value. Then half the money of the buying price will go into the chest.
To change the Stockpile:
Type the Amount of the Stockpile in Value 2.

i already had a look at that , and i don't get which numbers should i change..

i already tried that and it didn't change the price ..

Assuming you're using the correct values: The editor doesn't update the price once you've placed the stockpile and closed the editing mode once. You need to load the map again to see the updated price; An alternative for choosing the correct price is to place multiple stockpiles and set the price before closing the editing mode. Then choose a price and delete all the others  :wink:

How do you make the iron mines not instantly die? They die in a few hits from a pickaxe. Anyone know what value to set so they dont?

Shoomama said:
How do you make the iron mines not instantly die? They die in a few hits from a pickaxe. Anyone know what value to set so they dont?
The scene prop values are detailed in an edit mode window: press F1 or F2 when in walk around mode (press control-e again), as the message when you start edit mode says.

I suggest you think about how much iron should be available from each place and set the value accordingly, rather than just set the maximum value; too much iron available could flood the market with iron and therefore weapons without any meaningful reason for competition, and discourage other ways of making money.

Got back into scene editing for PW after a while, and trying to test it on a server Ive faced two small problems:

1. Two of the factions dont work, they are not displayed in the tab menu. However, money chest, cap point, entry points and castle sign are all properly placed.

2. I simply cannot spawn. After entering the server I just stay in commoners, displayed as dead, and wont spawn. Not sure if this is server-side or caused by the map.

Any ideas?

_666_ said:
1. Two of the factions dont work, they are not displayed in the tab menu. However, money chest, cap point, entry points and castle sign are all properly placed.
I have never heard of this problem before in the many years of PW development and scene making, so I suspect a bug in your scene. The presentation enables factions based on slot_faction_is_active, which is enabled in a script run at server start based on whether any pw_castle_capture_point props have been linked to the default castle number for that faction.
_666_ said:
2. I simply cannot spawn. After entering the server I just stay in commoners, displayed as dead, and wont spawn. Not sure if this is server-side or caused by the map.
That sounds like a occasional but persistent bug I have noticed while developing for years: at first I thought it would be a big problem and tried to find it to fix, but didn't figure it out and released to the public anyway, then never heard any bug reports from a public server; so guessed it only affected servers on the same computer as the client, possibly when joining somehow during the server start up. I don't quite remember what is necessary to spawn correctly, whether you just need to reconnect your client or whether the server needs to be restarted; since I don't remember it happening to me very recently.

How I Can Host a pw 4.4 server? This link only have for Pw 4.2 and 4.3, 4.3 is ok for me, But I like to get some maps of 4.4, can someone send me a dedicated server to this? I cann't put my server on list in 4.4

CodeLyoko said:
How I Can Host a pw 4.4 server? This link only have for Pw 4.2 and 4.3, 4.3 is ok for me, But I like to get some maps of 4.4, can someone send me a dedicated server to this? I cann't put my server on list in 4.4
There is no such thing as a "PW 4.x server" download: if you read the guide, you just use whatever is the latest Warband dedicated server package with the desired PW module (the same as used on a player client). The dedicated server package in the downloads list is only for scene testing from a personal desktop computer, by unpacking it in the Warband client directory: it only contains the latest dedicated server executable (Warband 1.158, released just before PW 4.3) and some configuration files, not all the other data files necessary to run on an actual dedicated server computer (with no client).

In your config file simply add the line 'set_pass <passwd>', it'll ensure each time you restart your server the password would be effective.
Otherwise, you can put a temporary password (won't be saved over server restart) by connecting as admin on your server, going in the IG control panel and setting a private password.

Could someone tell me what: " Input: Unable to find link for scene prop - instance : 2189  kind : 1745  link kind : 1745 link id : 0 Input: Unable to find link for scene prop - instance : 4808  kind : 1785  link kind : 1786 link id : 0 Input: Unable to find link for scene prop - instance : 4364  kind : 1798  link kind : 1799 link id : 0" means?
It occurs when I start my map on a dedicated server.

Back
Top Bottom