Scene creating and server hosting guides

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe silly question but...

Is interiors effect FPS? I wander because I have seen maps with a lot of interiors and somehow good FPS even it looks as much if not more full of trees and other staff like in old mod maps.

Is V4 is somehow better with FPS in general?

NOVICIUS said:
Is interiors effect FPS? I wander because I have seen maps with a lot of interiors and somehow good FPS even it looks as much if not more full of trees and other staff like in old mod maps.
Yes they do; I don't think warband does any "visibility culling" of meshes like engines designed for large continuous worlds, so every extra polygon face and texture probably slows the game down a bit more, depending on your computer system. A few more interiors might not be anything compared to hundreds of trees, though; I suggest just taking it slowly, adding the most important and likely to be used props, then add the "eye candy" later if it still runs fast enough. Always try to use the least polygons if the end result is about the same, so don't place a massive and detailed house scene prop if you only want to use one wall of it, with the rest never visible.
NOVICIUS said:
Is V4 is somehow better with FPS in general?
I don't think so; the graphics rendering system is the same as with native as well as most of the meshes used, but if some client side scripts are more optimised there might be a small difference for older computers.

Thank you for your patience :wink:

I check my map in dedicated server and it seams I will have a lot of problems with teleporting doors. I put var2 at 11 in both doors but one of them move character just a little on the side. Is telleport doors have to be very close to each other? I used invisible doors btw. Any other advice apart of what is in edit mode already?

Is it matter in which way door are pointed? Which side of the scene they face?

NOVICIUS said:
I check my map in dedicated server and it seams I will have a lot of problems with teleporting doors. I put var2 at 11 in both doors but one of them move character just a little on the side. Is telleport doors have to be very close to each other? I used invisible doors btw. Any other advice apart of what is in edit mode already?

Is it matter in which way door are pointed? Which side of the scene they face?
Teleport doors can be on the opposite sides of the scene, as long as there isn't another closer door in between with the same var2 (which will be used instead); the direction facing is very important, as the character will be moved a small distance away from from the green side of the invisible door - but the character's rotation will not change (hard coded into the engine), so you should try to have the doors face as near to opposite directions as possible, with the green sides "out".

Every time i edit a scene after i close the game and open it, all the changes are gone.

Mrr.Phil said:
Every time i edit a scene after i close the game and open it, all the changes are gone.
What do you mean by "close the game"? If you forcibly quit it from windows, then obviously you didn't give Warband a chance to save anything - to save you must exit edit mode, at least (click the button on the panel or press ctrl-e again).

yes i do that, but when i got my new computer steam installed everything to the desktop.

Mrr.Phil said:
yes i do that, but when i got my new computer steam installed everything to the desktop.
Also make sure the user account that you play warband with has permission to write to the PW_4/SceneObj/ directory.

DesereckC said:
I host a game fine but it won't show up in the multiplayer list.
If you are hosting locally and want to connect locally as well, you need to select "LAN" in the server list (the same place you select "favourites"); if you are trying to get other remote people to connect to your locally hosted server, you need to make sure "set_add_to_game_servers_list 1" is in your server config and the firewall ports are open - see the linked guide for Warband servers in general.

firewall ports are open

That would be it. Completely spaced the ports. Thanks Vornne!

Never mind, still not working. Doesn't even show up in LAN.

well, wen you dowloaded the dedicated you may forgoten about change the bat.

here go some screens:

(my pc is froom brazil, editar means edit **
ajuda1.png
ajuda2u.png

change to pw4_alpha5 and not pw4_alpha3 or 4 i dont kno

Vornne said:
Probably you need to edit your scene to remove all the passages - they are a feature for single player only, nothing to do with PW.
Stupid question - how do I do this?

kmo said:
Vornne said:
Probably you need to edit your scene to remove all the passages - they are a feature for single player only, nothing to do with PW.
Stupid question - how do I do this?
Well, I tested adding more than 16 passages to a new PW scene, but it didn't give me any errors, so it might not be your problem. But to remove them, just go into edit mode, find any entries starting with "Passage" in the scene props placed list (below the position and scale boxes, above the scene prop type selection list), double click to select, then press delete.

Hello, I have a problem. Created map, than I and my friend started up server with it. All was ok. But when I gave it another man to start up serv, with this map, it wa epic fail.  He changed at scenes.txt map the terrain code and mesh. But when we try to start I have a fatal error which close the game, and hehas spawn areas under the ground. And then he can't change previous map back. I'm thinking that it's something wrong with scenes.txt but really can't understand what's wrong.

Yes, it's probably scenes.txt; you must keep the same formatting, only changing the number and scene code string, not any of the spaces or return characters in between.

hello

when i would like install a new map on my serveur ,

I do as you suggested, I change the line in the file scene.txt by the value that they give me, but ducoup my server does not want to restart ...

And when he raises, the buildings in the air ...

you have a solution?

Back
Top Bottom