Bug reports and suggestions - read the first post

Users who are viewing this thread

Splintert said:
would it be possible to get an admin command to set a player back to commoner?
What would that be for, cheating? If so, would it be a good idea to clear troop and gold as well? Note that faction lords can kick members out of their faction (they don't lose gold or troop).

On that subject... maybe I should make it so changing to commoner, being kicked out of your faction, and possibly when changing to outlaws with a new station (which also "outlaws" you so you can't change back for 15 minutes) don't change your troop until you die, and then you respawn as a peasant or ruffian: that seems more realistic, since you wouldn't forget all training just because you switched faction, but after you die, you don't get to start as an already trained member of a faction, since you left it. It would require a bit of a rework of how the respawning process goes, so that the heraldic armor is refreshed, and so on.

that would fit right in with the new life rule
i bring this up because i had a guy who was unable to get out of the outlaw faction because he couldn't find (or get to alive) one of the training stations. it would be nice if admins could reset them manually (and prevent rage-randomer fests)

Splintert said:
i bring this up because i had a guy who was unable to get out of the outlaw faction because he couldn't find (or get to alive) one of the training stations. it would be nice if admins could reset them manually (and prevent rage-randomer fests)
The outlaw faction is not supposed to be something players join on a whim, it should be either be to remove repeated team killers from a faction and make them likely to be hunted down for a while, or for players who want to have a challenge of them against the world, rather than team up. Still, an admin tool to reset a player would probably be good; would resetting gold at the same time be ok? This way it could be used to reset cheaters (since if someone gets a million gold from an admin loot bag, the only way to force them to lose it would be to restart the map) - or do you think there should be two commands, reset faction / troop, and reset gold?
Splintert said:
that would fit right in with the new life rule
I think you misunderstood what I meant: players would still respawn as the same faction and same troop after they die, and I'd like to keep it that way for now; for a competitive mode players wouldn't want to be continually reset to peasant and have to go through the whole training and equipping process every time. I might add a server option to always respawn as a peasant commoner later, but is it really such a bad thing for RP to respawn as a similar character when you die?
Suspicous Pilgrim said:
Maybe it could be the overhead picture of the map you created, Vornne?
Could maybe add that as a mesh, but it would be annoying to continually need to update it after modifying the scene, and would you expect every scener to create a in game map, and have me add it to the mod? With the auto download feature, server hosters can add new maps without any change by the mod creator, but with in game charts, it would be a lot of work every time someone makes a new scene.

Nope, it would need to be converted to .dds, added as a texture, material, and mesh with OpenBrf, added to the list of meshes in the module system, setup to display in the presentation script, and then all the players redownload the mod (since numbers in the txt files would be changed).

You should draw a map for navigation, some different door model or colored door for open able doors to make it easier recognize

A map would be nice. I would like a system of saving money like on cRPG. I have gotten used to the whole start as a peasant thing now and am sort of ok with it. What I hate however is gaining a decent amount of money, then the server restarts and its all gone. I would ask for a system where you could save just basic gear such as leather armor like in cRPG/.

Also, could you make it so we could get rid of the hat we are wearing. I hate hats on my characters and would prefer not to wear one. Great mod!

i don't think it's really important to have a map i think the mod need other maps and a way to become a good equiped soldier without have to join a faction.

Helfy said:
Also, could you make it so we could get rid of the hat we are wearing. I hate hats on my characters and would prefer not to wear one. Great mod!
The reason everyone wears a hat is explained in the original v4 post (because of a taleworlds bug) though someone has since told me about a scripting trick which might allow players to spawn without hats and equip one later (but not remove them once equipped). As also hinted at in the same post and stated explicitly elsewhere, I dislike the cRPG style of lame grind and won't add it to this mod.

We're trying to go for a moderately realistic dark ages setting, like native, not so much the fantasy or more modern side of things... after I release the source code (eventually, not soon), there might be other modders who'll change the game data for a different setting.

Vornne said:
We're trying to go for a moderately realistic dark ages setting, like native, not so much the fantasy or more modern side of things... after I release the source code (eventually, not soon), there might be other modders who'll change the game data for a different setting.

You've got poison in the game already with the daggers - how about plague? A faction could deliver "plague drops" to another faction, giving that faction the plague and slowly reducing their health (say 1 point every 20 seconds for 3 minutes) for all faction members.

Hmm, maybe sometime... poison daggers were only added because I saw the suggestion somewhere, thought "that would be easy, and allow me to try out some new operations", implemented it, tested, then went back to working on more important things :wink:.

At the training station, allow your class to upgrade.

For example: footman for 1000. You will always start with some armor ( I don't know which one ) and a rusty sword + shield + crude spear.

If you got it, you can choose to upgrade it (Not sure what prop it should be) next to the place where you can train as a footman, for a rather high cost. If you have this upgrade, you will spawn with better equipment.

Or you can change it to have better skills. Like 'veteran footman'.

CalenLoki said:
like.... 'man at arms'? :razz:

I don't know why man at arms is so expensive, footman is better with stats.

Shouldn't a man at arms promote to knights, while footman promotes to sergeants or veteran footmans?

Footmen have high athletics and polearm skill, and men at arms have high riding and two hander skill; though men at arms also have less agility and ironflesh, these should be less important to them, since on a horse they can wear very heavy armor without getting slowed down, and the horse will also take a lot of the damage. Maybe their agility should be increased to the same level, though - if I remember correctly, agility affects weapon swing speed.

Vornne said:
Footmen have high athletics and polearm skill, and men at arms have high riding and two hander skill; though men at arms also have less agility and ironflesh, these should be less important to them, since on a horse they can wear very heavy armor without getting slowed down, and the horse will also take a lot of the damage. Maybe their agility should be increased to the same level, though - if I remember correctly, agility affects weapon swing speed.

So, what do you think of the idea?

There should be a Neutral Weapon and Armor hut or something like that where Commoners,factions without a castle,Outlaws can buy some weapons and armor.
The best ones should still only be available in castles,but a little something for people who dont want to wage war but look good  :cool:!
It would also give people the opportunity to be a Smith without crafting for a specific faction.There has to be a special training spot of course.
An other idea is a horse farm,where people can grow crops and gather Water to breed their own horses(these could be better than the normal ones).

My 2 Suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom