Faction Heraldry Registry

Users who are viewing this thread

Alright, I submit.
banner_black.png

G8tYwrq.png

I just made a few modifications, hope it's adequate.

Verigan said:
For House Targaryen:
Deep black is not allowed as a background color: it must be at least as light as the plain "black" banner in the first post of this thread. Your first dragon design seems OK, but the second is not, as said by Operatic Ocelot.
I'm not bothered how dark it is, I'm just following on from this quote from Vornne.

Some factions in PW stays for longer. But some appears only for one day (mostly RP factions). These factions are very fun, they can be crusaders, traders or whoever they want.
I put a little bit of time and effort to make few banners that will make live of one-day factions members easier.

Jewish banners - in past 4 days I saw 6 jewish factions in PW. Saddly there is only one banner which contains jewish symbol (the one yellow banner with David's star). Jews were noticeable part of medieval times. So I decided to make 3 banners for jewish factions:

Banner with menora (jewish seven-lamp). Suggested color - light blue
Banner
51ynmx.png

Ingame screenshoot
wa9bvu.jpg

Banner with David's star. Suggested color - white
Banner
fjer86.png

Ingame screenshoot
kyf5sx.jpg

Banner with Tora. Suggested color - torquise
Banner
11bjdcx.png

Ingame screenshoot
5la2y5.jpg

African factions are rare but happens. It's always fun to see army of naked black bushmen with bows who says that want to "eat white man". Busmen rp so much and it's so fun to play in faction like this (I played in faction N'kulu Tribe).

Banner with African Mask. Suggested color - red, black or white
Banner
v5vcky.png

Ingame screenshoot
d0kwjc.jpg

Banner with Shield and crossed spears. It's based on Kenyish flag (shield and spears is remade from scrath to pass Vorne's restrictions about banners). Suggested color - red or brown
Banner
2n0rllt.png

Ingame screenshoot
c3ei9i.jpg

Byzantine Empire was one of biggest empires in medieval times. I think that it deserves more love in PW. Oh and there is one permament Byzantine faction in Nexus Server.

Standard Byzantine flag (remade from scrath to pass Vorne's restrictions about banners). Suggested color - red
Banner
s49oiv.png

Ingame screenshoot
96es4m.jpg

Chi Ro was known symbol in Byzantine Empire. Suggested color - red or white or yellow
Banner
neepgh.png

Ingame screenshoot
dpdsoa.jpg

The need to be medieval accurate, not a Jewish candle and Zulu shield. Plus they must be requested for your clan, and you need to be the leader of the clan to suggest.

African empires existed in medieval times, good example is Ghana Empire.
Jewish candle is one of oldest symbols of jewery.

So my banners are medieval accurate (can't say the same about one communist banner which is already added in PW)

Hey Vornne, back in January I asked you to pop in a better version of the Kingdom of Jerusalem banner, however the alternate one I provided wasn't actually very good ironically, here is a slightly better one. Background colour:Blue to match the banner.

vx0KQ6V.png

Hope thats okay :smile:

Vornne said:
James Grant said:
If I made a new Kingdom of Jerusalem banner, would you implement it? The current one is blurry and quite awful and not actually used by the clan that requested it who have disappeared almost without trace.
After some searching myself, it does seem that the requester has long disappeared, so a replacement would be allowed. The first two of your proposed banners look a bit too sterile, without enough cloth texturing, but the other versions seem OK: you would need to pick one.

Hopefully Verigan would be happy with this, though the symbol is a bit different and I intentionally made the background slightly brighter.

ilZnn9j.png

That looks fantastic, Jezza! A fantastic collection of banners all around on this thread.

Sir Audiate said:
Hopefully Verigan would be happy with this, though the symbol is a bit different and I intentionally made the background slightly brighter.

ilZnn9j.png

This dragon is copyrighted by HBO. But I appreciate the effort.

I'm not trying to be mean but that is the most hideous thing I've ever seen. But regardless you clearly don't understand heraldry. The helmet and the feathers would not be displayed on a knights personal shield taken to battle or embroidered on his surcoat, realistically it should just be the wierd little central symbol on a yellow shield.

Back
Top Bottom