obtaining Right to Rule before starting own kingdom or during?

Users who are viewing this thread

Recruit
Does it matter if I obtain right to rules before starting my own kingdom or during? I'm currently at war with 2 kingdom and can't have a truce because right to rule is too low.

It's better to get as much as you can before you become independent. It's not very hard though to earn more with treaties, but you may indeed have a hard time of big wars at the start if it's very low.

Yes it matters. If you have low RtR and independent fiefs, you can't recruit other lords and they won't come to your court either. You have to make peace (which you still can, but you have to be seriously beating them, preferably when they're at a 2-3 front war already) and do other fun stuff to get RtR late in the game, but it's much more difficult then.

I'd suggest you join a faction to gain RtR. I joined Swadia since we're always at war and recaptured Dhirim--the wealthiest town in the game (at the time of capture and now as well).

You'd basically dead if your RtR is 0 and you own a fief.

ok thx one more question. Not really related to this. I have a village and at the beginning, I chose to give it to no one. But now I want to give it to one of my vassals but it won't let me. There's no option to give it to them when i go talk to them.  I could only give it to my companion.

067875369 said:
ok thx one more question. Not really related to this. I have a village and at the beginning, I chose to give it to no one. But now I want to give it to one of my vassals but it won't let me. There's no option to give it to them when i go talk to them.  I could only give it to my companion.
If you asked to keep the main fief (say, Dhirim), all the villages come with it. That's only for initial claim. Otherwise, check who owns it. Maybe you gave it away by accident. You can reassign fiefs from yourself to vassals but it won't attract any new vassals (which is why, as king, you should probably hold one central town and a few villages near castles). Keep a village or castle without a lord and, if you have a big party, use it to attract sieges.

Assign your towns and castles to other vassals and encourage the lords of the garrisons to rest there (the enemy's coming in force--flee to ___ garrison).

You have to give fiefs through your minister.

Bobsama said:
067875369 said:
If you asked to keep the main fief (say, Dhirim), all the villages come with it. That's only for initial claim. Otherwise, check who owns it. Maybe you gave it away by accident. You can reassign fiefs from yourself to vassals but it won't attract any new vassals (which is why, as king, you should probably hold one central town and a few villages near castles). Keep a village or castle without a lord and, if you have a big party, use it to attract sieges.

Assign your towns and castles to other vassals and encourage the lords of the garrisons to rest there (the enemy's coming in force--flee to ___ garrison).

You have to give fiefs through your minister.

ok thx. I had to use one of my companions as a minster in order to have those extra options

Oh, I misinterpreted the question

I thought he was asking if it mattered WHEN the rtr was gained, i,e
If I had 0 rtr, started a kingdom, and gave myself 99 instantly, it would make no difference then if I already had 99 rtr before starting :razz:

By my faction I mean the one I am siding with before breaking off on my own.

Last game as Rhodoks around 20RtR we had about 7 cities and every faction had declared war on us and kept sending beefy armies.

I wanted to stick with them longer but I couldn't hold off everything since they wouldn't garrison castles and cities fast enough.

What I've been trying to say is I find it hard to build it up early as a member of a pre-established faction, because by the time I hit 20-25 RtR my faction is in an endless multiple front war in which no peace is declared, hence no rtr for me :sad:

Back
Top Bottom