News: Presentation of feature 1.34: Battle Time in Brytenwalda

Users who are viewing this thread

Do you know Battle Time?

It is a special mod do for Egbert that let you play your singleplayer campaign and host a multiplayer game whenever you have a battle. After the battle, the results can be used to impact your singleplayer campaign.

Imagine being able to play with your friends your Brytenwalda battles.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,150827.0.html

Well, stop imagining. The version 1.34 of Brytenwalda include Time Battle.

It's time to test your shield wall against your friends!!!

mb2c.jpg

I'm quite sceptical about me to like this feature (I just don't like to mix solo and multiplayer), will it be an option that we can disable in mod menu, just in case ?

That's just my feeling, objectively it's just great !

Playing battles in multiplayer mode is obviously optional... If we don't want to use this option, we just don't check the "Setup multiplayer battle" and that's it :roll:

Like a drop-in battle in Total War games. Loving the new background for battles too, great work!
If the other person plays, will they be the best dude in the enemy army or will they be their own character?

Instead of an option removing the menu items involved in this feature you could just separate them into their own group on the screen.
This would involve less coding and less chance of troubles with the code then an option giving different menus.

And thanks for all these wonderful features!

i hope Captain Idibil and the rest of the team make the new version have REAL challenging/sophisticated battles, so its actually necessary to have a "real-person-support".

Maybe its very subjective, but up to now battles (in my opinion) - as cool as they are! - are not a challenge at all i think (maybe beside you are outnumbered like 1:3). this is why we pushed on things like more expensive elite troops, much longer development for elite troops, and so on... (check the thread).
i hope it is realized in 1.34!

Idibil, i hope its generally more of a challenge to win a battle in the next version - would be great man.
if not... your work kicks ass anyway. (of course i mean the work of all the team members. thank you guys).

cheers.

Well, try to answer questions

-Multiplayer is optional, you can continue playing your campaign solo.
-I dont think that it would be necesary add enable/disable element.
-A single menu is another option
-We are working on adding more levels to battle. And although there are limits imposed by Warband, I think we are making the game more challenging.

Idibil said:
-We are working on adding more levels to battle. And although there are limits imposed by Warband, I think we are making the game more challenging.

great, thanx a lot for your passion Idibil. Awesome.

Would the save option be available for those who play "Realism" or whatever it is that has all the autosaves and no quitting without saving?

Wow. That's awesome, Ibdil.
Just finished reading The Warlord Chronicles which is set in this time period, made me want to play this mod again... I think I may wait until this is done though.

Back
Top Bottom