SP Fantasy [WB] Angels and Demons (Small preview inside)

Users who are viewing this thread

theAthenian

Hi! Welcome to my fantasy mini-mod for Mount and Blade v 1.011. Hope you enjoy the previews and the info provided.

THIS MOD IS PUT ON HIATUS READ THE LAST  FEW PAGES PLEASE FOR INFO AND PICS ABOUT MY NEW PROJECT!

Story:
The Knights Retalion are a special sub-category of the Templars. It's members are Christians gathered from all Europe in order to fight evil in every form it exists. Guided by the Holy Spirit and under protection from the the Lord they travel to locations where monsters, witches and heretics purge the land. But when their monastery gets attacked one of the Knights, Aengel is cut out from the rest of the group. With no way to return he must find another way to join his brothers. He must be careful though cause the legions of Satan the fallen angel want to stop him. Will he be able to find the 3 artifacts and close the gate to hell that has opened or will he die trying?

Feautres:
Short storyline (10%done)
Lots of loot
Permanent death (implemented!)
New map (80% done)
New scenes working on it at the moment
New enemies (10% done)
Some new items (25% done)
New dialogues? (2% done)
3d person camera (implemented!)

Progress:
I am working on an aplha. Map is under construction.
I currently need a modeller.

Screenshots:

More coming soon.

Models:

More coming soon.

Credits(thanks for your help guys!):
Barf for the lizard and the skeleton.
Mysterious_A and his team for the swords and the roman building
Cèsar de Quart for the Roman column
Marcel for the crusader armor
dejawolf for the medieval helmets
All the guys at the forge ^^
mr.master for Aengel's helmet
demonwolf for the map

Signature:

Code:
[URL=http://img510.imageshack.us/i/signaturezo.jpg/][IMG]http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/2259/signaturezo.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

We do not have the same stuff. His mod has demons and stuff for multiplayer and I'm focused more on platform gameplay with a bit more realism. He doesn't even have my models or my module.

Currently working on the skeletons. New equipment will be added specifically for them.

Btw, a platform mode sounds better than a multiplayer one.

I could help make the scenes and stuff. Perhaps some dungeon or labyrinth Aengel has to go through?

Okay I will take my pencils and start drawing... :grin:
I'll give you some pictures tomorrow after I finish it.

I have encountered a major problem with the skeletons. Xenoargh is trying to fix it for me but the sad news is that there is a high possibility that skeletons won't be included in the mod. Anyways I am working on 2 new scenes. One is like a dungeon and the other is called "Abandoned ships". Those will be filled with undead enemies (if I don't face any more race problems). I am also implementing Ironsight mode (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,121815.0.html)

Fixed your sig.

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,166683.0.html][IMG]http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/2259/signaturezo.jpg[/IMG][/url]

thnx  :grin:
Btw, good news. Skeletons and other races will be included since a fix was found. They look incredible in-game.
I am currently trying to figure out how to work with brfs. They seem way too complicated.  :sad:

Arcadius112 said:
Looks great
Looking forward to the release!
Yup the alpha isn't too far away anymore. There's a huge progress boost this period since I am on Easter holidays.

Btw, I need a new team member.

The requirements are:
-Experience on creating and modifying brf files.
-Experience on creating and modifying dds files.
-Some basic coding knowledge.
-Must have photoshop or gimp (or a program like those two).

What I will ask you to do:
-modify some native brfs (replace textures or models mostly)
-create new health bars, stamina bars and stuff like that.
-create brfs from scratch
-try to find errors within existing brfs

I continued working on those 2 new scenes but the Dungeon turned very ugly according to my opinion and that's because it uses some very old native sceneprops. I will most probably delete it and start again. This time I hope it comes closer to what I had in mind.

The Abandoned ships scene is done though. Preview below:

It will be a battle scene filled with fully armoured and well equipped undead. The player will have to search for a book which includes a journal and a map of the next location he is going to visit. Of course, there will be some small rewards for this quest (like some gold or a few loot) to make it a more "interesting" experience.

this scene remember me a dungenon of knights of the temple 2
the mod is inspired about this game??

Proie said:
this scene remember me a dungenon of knights of the temple 2
the mod is inspired about this game??
Yup. Very heavily.

Here are my inspirations:
Cities and Castles from Assassin's creed saga +
Angel cities from Might and Magic +
Scenes, quests and enemies from Knights of the temple 2 +
Scenes, quests and enemies from Gladiator Sword of Vengeance +
Scenes and some small elements from Neverwinter Nights 2 +