B Antiquity [WB] The Aztecs (Warband 1.143) (Suspended)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definately looking good, am wondering how the Jaguar warriors will turn out. Though will you guys consider multiplayer? Wouldn't do the mod any damage.  :razz:

Phalanx300 said:
Definately looking good, am wondering how the Jaguar warriors will turn out. Though will you guys consider multiplayer? Wouldn't do the mod any damage.  :razz:

Multiplayer i am thinking is good for putting in, but since we have enough to worry about with Singleplayer, i dont think we could do Multiplayer as of yet. we probably wont be making multiplayer anytime soon, we need to get the main singleplayer stuff done before anything else. also, i think i have a good map of Mesoamerica. it isnt exactly tuned correctly, is till have half the towns out in the middle of the ocean, and because of ease of my testing, i connected those with land bridges and made it look like Mesoamerica was sprouting roots. those land bridges will be gone long before the alpha version, i promise. also, i noticed from earlier map making attempts that certain villages, castles, and towns simply refuse to either be found, or worse, refuse to me moved or even selected..... i will post the screens in a future edit.

THE RED OUTLINES THE MAINLAND
mesomapk.jpg

ajolin said:
Phalanx300 said:

Multiplayer i am thinking is good for putting in, but since we have enough to worry about with Singleplayer, i dont think we could do Multiplayer as of yet. we probably wont be making multiplayer anytime soon, we need to get the main singleplayer stuff done before anything else. also, i think i have a good map of Mesoamerica. it isnt exactly tuned correctly, is till have half the towns out in the middle of the ocean, and because of ease of my testing, i connected those with land bridges and made it look like Mesoamerica was sprouting roots. those land bridges will be gone long before the alpha version, i promise. also, i noticed from earlier map making attempts that certain villages, castles, and towns simply refuse to either be found, or worse, refuse to me moved or even selected..... i will post the screens in a future edit.

THE RED OUTLINES THE MAINLAND
mesomapk.jpg

Great. Though I would have liked it to expand to the Inca Empire as well.

Well, at least we have Mayan too, don't we?

To get to the incas you would have to also cover colombia, now while it was inhabited , it was mainly by smaller non warlike tribes. so half the map would just be full of friendly people chucking gold in lakes. or maybe you could have do the creative thing and say **** gography, and put it closer and ignore panama colombia and all that as they didnt have an orginased state or anything. maybe they could be a like roaming tribesmen who attack you when you tresspass?

I would like multiplayer but yeah at this pace it may not be probable for some time

and if is done I guess it would be whit the main factions of aztecs vs spanish and tlaxcala allies,though probably everyone will join the spanish and choose rifles and go in a shooting gallery spree,so maybe we would have to tone the spansh weapons so they dont become so strong,or just make them very expensive

if we could add the toher groups to make battles beetwen native factions it would be better

some idea I have for a possible list of troop class

for the aztecs,or also the other natives

archer: obviously will have bows and arrows,whit the choice of a melee weapon but not too powerfull,maybe a shield too cuz archers do used shields

melee warrior: the basic maca wielding warrior,or other close range weapon,also whit trowables like atlatls

lancer: long weapons like spears and the tepozpotlli and the long maca

spanish and allyed forces would be

spanish infantryman: the spanish soldier that can use rifle or swords or other spanish weapon and armor

native ally: the tlacaxtla or other native warrior,will have basic native equipment but can use spanish equipment too and will be a meele warrior

spanish cavalry: plain cavalry

so yeah I guess some balance would be done unless people decide to go realistic and most players join the aztec side

in case we use the rest of the factions we can add litle changes,for example

purepecha or tarascans

archer: they used lot of archers,also spears so the archer would have acces to spears

mercenary ally: they used people of other groups as mercenarys though they where payed whit protection from the aztecs literally,they would use tipical weapons like macas but would be the only ones of the faction to access them

lancer:will be a tipical warrior whit a lance as prncipal weapon and maces or whatever other weapons as secundary,but will not use maca,maybe not atlslt either and those are left to the mercenary group

though since a battle beetwen natives factions would mean no cavalry maybe people will not be so interested unless is proven otherwise,dont know if the exoticness of fighting as precolumbian factions might be interesting to the people
also I guess we can diferentiate them whit the stats right? like making archers of certain faction better than others and such cuz the multyplayer is like that right?that no all factions have similiar stats right?

also I have to remnber to research on the rest of the other groups like mixtecs and zapotecs and any other that we forgot cuz we are almost non focussing on them and to see if they where very diferent or not so much from the others

also I dont think there may be not enough weapons to have a multy faction multyplayer since most of the weapons used where mostly the same,unless we do diferent vertions of each based on various depictions
and I guess we would do have the elite maca included I guess

A little update: got most of the towns onto the mainland, though if i go test them now, Swadia (now Aztec) would be way south except for Tenochtitlan where i put it, and all the faction's places would be out of order, so i have to go through and write down all the faction village/castle/town names and clump them all together until i come up with genius names other than 'Aztec Village',' Aztec Outpost', or 'Aztec City', though considering how many possible excavation sites revealed enough for all the current places to be named, we really have no choice.

RJMC said:
I would like multiplayer but yeah at this pace it may not be probable for some time

and if is done I guess it would be whit the main factions of aztecs vs spanish and tlaxcala allies,though probably everyone will join the spanish and choose rifles and go in a shooting gallery spree,so maybe we would have to tone the spansh weapons so they dont become so strong,or just make them very expensive

Simply make it and Invasion mode. Players are Spanish (though you could add other factions as possibilities) and the enemies would be an army of NPC natives.

Nah, don't tone done Spanish weaponry.  I think the answer lies in being historical and having the Spaniards be vastly outnumbered.  Natives could be pretty cheap, and Spaniard men and weapons pretty expensive.

made some weapons quickly

made a mace that is mentioned in chornicles that the purepechas used that had copper spikes inlaid to it,since there isnt any picture of it I just made a quick design
to the right is the obsidian bladed one whit wider blades,also a design by myself since there is no pictures
to the right of this one is the one whit a perforate rock as head

also made 2 big vertions of the axes cuz chronicles also mention that the pirepechas had big 2 handed axes so made 2 big vertions of the little axes

also made spears,mostly mayans one,the litle is some basic design more suited for more tirbal groups
made the one "confy" one that shown in some of the maya pictures I made before,I dont know what practical use that confy part would have,also the serrated one
the ornamented one also based form that crossed spears and shield image,who looks very nice imo,offcourse no idea if it was used in combat but it dont look like a impractical design
the lance at the top is apurepecha metal tipped one,is supposed that the tips where rhomboidal in shape
maceslances.jpg

a close up of the ornamented snake lance,hope its not too much polygons
snakelancecloseup.jpg

dotn know if the handles of some weapons are too wide or too thin,I guess when the alfa is out we will see that

still working on the jaguar suit,this weapons took most of my time cuz I didnt have much

Thats some really nice weaponry, RJMC, keep it up. i seen someone model a weapon with around or over 2,000 polys. i believe it was a Flambard. also RJMC, the handle of the Bastard Sword in the vanilla M&B Warband would be a good base to make sure your handles arent too thin for the macas, and the Boar Spear would be good for those obsidian spears.

Hello, I made this sharp stone wrapped in leather for the game I am currently working for  http://www.moddb.com/games/stone-rage

If you guys had some use for this weapon I could provide the download link.]

1121212.gif

ajolin said:
Thats some really nice weaponry, RJMC, keep it up. i seen someone model a weapon with around or over 2,000 polys. i believe it was a Flambard. also RJMC, the handle of the Bastard Sword in the vanilla M&B Warband would be a good base to make sure your handles arent too thin for the macas, and the Boar Spear would be good for those obsidian spears.

cant find boar spear in openbrf

also I noted that the normal maca is about the same size of the bastard sword,which I guess is a big sword so thats means the normal maca is too big,so should I reduce its size?  thoguh comparing to a longer sword it dont look so big,though all swords looks kind of the same size whit few size diference
but anyway according to sources the size of a maca was around 93 cm or something like that,I am bad at measuring and math so I dont know how long the sword of the games are,though I think the maca should be a bit shorter so I will reduce the handle a bit

also compared the one handed axes and yeah they are too short so I will size them similiar to vanilla one handed axes

so I guess I would be emailing all the models again unless you scale them,but I guess there wont be problem whit textures and if ther eis them sure it can be easily fixed since I am just moving vertex and not adding or substracting polygons

have to go sleep now,tomorrow I will start to have the whole summer free,well I hope,to work on this so expect some more frecuent updates

some more pics of the almost finished jaguar suit
jaguarsuit1.jpg

jaguarsuit2.jpg

jaguarsuit3.jpg

jaguarsuit4.jpg

jaguarsuit5.jpg

it only needs final adjustment but I think by tomorrow I may have the displaced uws and maybe a test texture
that floating knot is just residual polygons
in the last 2 pics the feathers are bigger cuz I adjusted them wehn taking the screenshot cuz I thought they where too small

full model is around 3300 polygons,dont know if its too mcuh cuz my openbrf gets a error and cant open it,should I downdload it again?

but anyway I guess I will have to do some mayor polygon reduction anyway

I am liking the end results cuz the drawings I made where off,front face not aligned whit side and all that so went whit much improvisation cuz it looke too slim or wide and all that

also I saw apocalipto,it wasnt so innacurate though it did have it big ones,maybe will point out later,though it wasnt as inacurate as I though though I dont like the "orcish" fell they gave to the mayans
the mace weapons looked interesting cuz they dont look so far fetched but havent seem any depictions of those and in one they use a piece that wasnt used as a weapon one that is a parrot head though the big warrior was carrying a spear that appears in a stone engraving
dont know about the "llamelar" armor the big warrior was carrying on his neck,I think there is depictions of armor that seems composed of little parts but are not exactly like those of the "llamelar"or maybe is just cottom armor depicted in other way
also the mayans do carried human jaws but dont know if the way the big one was carrying it was the correct way cuz chronicles mentions they carry them in the shoulders,or maybe it is I am not sure
there is depictions of priest carrying big demon like masks that participated in the sacrifices,though the maya didnt make much heart removal sacrifices and infact the sacrifices where more aztec than maya,so I guess we can add some demon mask for the fun of it?

also found other group that may work as a faction,north of the purepecha territory there was a kindong called xalisco,which the modern jalisco state is named,though is even more mysterious than the purepecha and even almost all know structures are not yet excavated,however there is poterry and stuff that shows stuff about them,like this warrior figurine
7701b.jpg

dont know if the armor was that cilindrical but probably is more due to style
but again this group and infact all of the west side of mexico is more unknow so we may have to make our own stuff whtit he litle info avaible of this group if we plan on adding them
aparently they made comerce whit most cities up to the center of mesoamerica,dont know very well if they made war whit the neirghbughs but is probable
so I am not sure about adding them due to lack of info

EDIT: forgot to post pics of 2 loincloths I made,left is plain loincloth that was made whit once piece of cloth and was tied around waist,kinda like a sumo thong,other one is the same whit a piece of cloth added to it
loincloths.jpg

probably will modify them in the future

RJMC, your Jaguar helmet and suit models are amazing.  :shock: Have you made it all as one model, or separately (one model is the helmet and the other is the armor)? If it's the first case and you have 3300 polygons, you could lower it by separating them...

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom