Monty Python Event?

Users who are viewing this thread

I was thinking of organizing and Monty python event on the RCC that will basically be an overall peaceful fun thing where everyone on the sever reinacts Monty Python and the holy Grail,  I just wanted to see what people would think of it and if I should even try it?

How about instead, admins randomly pick people out of the crowd at random times (or do it themselves).

It adds an element of randomness. The only way to 'win' the encounter is to do it like they did in the movie.

For example the black knight scene, an admin with black armor and a great sword blocks all access across a bridge until a sequence of conversation (quoted from the movie) happens, upon which the admin gets into a sword fight and allows himself to lose.

What  was thinking was assigining roles to people to play and admins, being either teh bunny (flaotinging head) or the Dragoon admin horse, while the Knights have to move from one side of the map to the other looking for the grail and along there way we place other people to play the Roles such as the Knight or the three headed troll and the Knights that say Nii

Admins brought the headless rider lately, why not simulating a fight that ends with a fair draw :mrgreen:
Hmmm but how to get this torso on the ground...?

Anyway all grab a board and pilgrim disquise and come

The problem with doing a sustained roleplay is that it will fall apart. that's why I say we just try to do random single scenes to people who are playing. those who know the movie get the advantage of a much easier time through the encounter.

Well what we could do is, just start it out as randomly pulling people into the RP through out a certain day, and thenkeep doing that and establish it amoung players then try to get the people familiar with the RP and try it on a large scale, I would love to just have a day where its all RP and to stop the break down, if we do it on a large scale we could password protect the sever for just and hour or two and try it with everyone having a dedicated role.

I'm with Splint on this, we actually had a mumble talk about this on sunday or monday.

Pretty much we just print out a script, and if they do stuff right they win (there might even be money in it :wink:)

Which ever you choose I'm here to support.
I've been trying to come up with event idea's to get things rolling.

Heh... I earlier though about adding some MP elements to my map - bloody cave "look at the bones", rope bridge above the void "what is your quest", castle with round table, small pointless bridge with black armour nearby on the ground, wooden rabbit, ect... and of course names for castles: Camelot, castle of Aaaaaaaa....
:grin:

I actually tried to play the Bridge Keeper of the Bridge of Death on the NA-server once, but people always thought i was robbing them when i said "Stop!", so i ended up getting killed all the time -.-

I call bridge keeper (damn Czar calling black knight D:smile: And... Sir Galahad!

And I'll totally be Sir Robin or one of his minstrels ^^

I call Tim!

"What behind the rabbit?"

"It IS the rabbit!"

"You silly sod, you got us all worked up!"

"Well that's no ordinary rabbit, that's the most foul, cruel, and bad tempered rodent you ever laid your eyes on!"

"You tit! I soiled my armor I was so scared!"

"Look that rabbits go a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer! He'll do you a treat mate!"

"Manky scots git!"

"I'm warnin you!"

"What's he do, nibble your bum?"

"He's got a huge sharp... he can leap about... look at the bones!"

"Go on bohrs, chop his head off!"

"Right, silly little beater, one rabbit stew comin right up!"

"Look!"

SQUEAK

"Jesus christ!"

"I did it again!"

Back
Top Bottom