Mount and gladius

Users who are viewing this thread

jamiee26

Recruit
I know there is a mod called mount and gladius but i think that it might be a good idea for taleworlds to make a roman based game (mainly because it wont let me download the mod). what do you people think?

jamiee26 said:
yes but the romans knew the value of cavalry and they used it very efficiently
No, they didn't... Their armies were almost entirely made of heavy infantry, legionaries and mercenary auxiliaries. 
Only a very small part of their army was some cavalry and archers for some support. How do you think, why they couldn't beat the Parthians?

Also, what Rome we are talking about? Republic of Rome, or Roman Empire?
Because in Republic of Rome cavalry was very limited, but in Roman Empire, eastern(Greek) part cavalry was a pretty valuable force in fight with Sarranids and(later) Arabs.

If we are talking about game based on Roman Empire then game would be boring as hell.
Two very strong factions and few others, way weaker.

Also, even if we'd talk about Roman Republic period, then formations would be absolutely necessary for this game to have any sense.
No fan of ancient times would accept Greeks and Macedonians fighting without their phalanx formations.
Also, naval warfare would be extraordinary important too.

There are other mods being made are are all ready made that support your ideas. With the horse back then horse where starting to develop into bigger and faster horse that people could ride that is why people back then didn't use horse to there full advantage. Any way i like your idea regardless.  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You do realize that most of these suggestion threads you are responding to, haven't been posted in, for a month.

Back
Top Bottom