1866 - Bug Reports (v0.9.1 only)

Users who are viewing this thread

Reporting a crash...

Belonging to apaches faction, I - being marshall- sieged Bishop's Lodge adn did all the fighting,
swept the resistance in town (even that abuser, pesky Wanted sing :razz:) adn in the last stance,
about to crush the resistance in the castle/whatever, game crashes, did it several times,
all the same.

Any ideas?

Am using the dx9, with medium detail
on a AMD 555 x3 @ 3.4Ghz/4GB ram/ATI 4250 onboard/ Windown 7 x64 Pro

Otherwise, game worked perfectly, so far.

Regards

hotel ambush scenes undone,takes player in a medieval castle
also,battlefields are too small cavalry always got killed at the borders,cause they weren't moving

1) Game crashes when go to stage of clearing the commander's room in sieging the Buena Fortuna.
2) In the stage of clearing the heart of city wanted sign is one of enemy's unit in all cities where it exists and can be hurt and killed only by melee weapon.

* What is the problem? - When I press R, the battle freezes. When I click it again, it's okay again.
    * Where were you? - That's not important, happened to me twice, 100 kilometres from each other.
    * What were you doing? - In battle, fighting.
    * Any other important details? - The screen is freezed, but the battle continues.

shikaka said:
1. I took the 'train villagers and then face bandits quest' in Tres Pierdas (or Tres Pedras, dunno, Mexican city near El Paso), the trainees don't show up after I am done with the session. I am spawned alone in the village, noone to fight.

2. I met Carl Bine with an indian character, and he wanted me to die. I got the duel popup, retreated 8 steps, but nothing happened. When I then tabbed out of the city (it was the apache capital), I received a message saying that I failed the Billy's crescet mission.

3. After the Carl Bine incident I entered the commanche capitol, and I got -10 relations with the city. (might be because I had Smiling Rabbit in the party?)
for No2 when i stepped 8m away i just couldn't find carl the SOB anywhere,is it possible that he is removed from the scene?
for No3 i once roleplayed an american white with smiling rabbit in my party i can freely travel through apache cities,haven't tried my indian chracter with that yet.IMO it could be a random bug instead of 'smiling rabbit and the apache' thing

Um I have no music in the 1866 mod at all, not in the menu screen or at any time when playing the game.  I checked the files in the 1866 Module and the music file is there and is full of music, but nothing plays during the game.  This is a real shame cause the music of 1866 is absolutely one of the best parts!

Edit:  Nevermind, played it again and the music was back  :???: 

Problem:
RGL Error, it says
get_object failed for: custom_map_banner_01

i was just trying to create a new character

it starts up fine but as soon as i click to create a new character i get this error
i have no idea why it is doing this
please help

Captain Tanaka said:
Problem:
RGL Error, it says
get_object failed for: custom_map_banner_01

i was just trying to create a new character

it starts up fine but as soon as i click to create a new character i get this error
i have no idea why it is doing this
please help

Hmmm... bad download maybe? My guess is a resource file is missing or corrupt.
Try reinstalling / redownloading it again and see if that fixes it.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, however shotgun kills do not give me any experience.
Also, I really hope you guys are still working at this mod :grin:
Anyway, great job, i've been playing it like crazy :smile:

Best wishes,

G. Leo

Hey, first off, i simply adore this mod and have been playing it for weeks straight. Great job guys!

Aside from the previously mentioned things, a couple issues i noticed....

*I am an Apache General, and I had a run-in with Carl Bine (similar to a previous poster). He challenged me to a duel, but then didn't fight, and I lost relation with the town when i shot him.

*Some gang factions have been destroyed and their leaders have joined the Apaches, and when I did the "Fend off the lawmen at the hideout) quest and failed, then explained myself to the bandit leader, the battle screen popped up. However, I simply clicked leave and my relations didn't change. This has happened twice. Again, I'm not sure if this is because the former bandit is now an Apache general.

*Not technically a bug: bounty hunters need to seriously be nerfed. I'm getting ambushed every other day, literally. This normally isn't a problem, as I spot the ambush before it happens, but as I choose to only have three "hero" followers, we get slaughtered every time we don't see the ambush coming (and so I savescum, as hunting down my followers when they leave is a serious pain!). Anyways, I hypothesize that these ambushes are due to my -100 relation with outlaws (no major factions hate me), but due to my honor that relation is going to stay at -100. I just think there should be fewer ambushes (they also let me get rich fast - i have around $700...)

*I had a major error with the Billy's Casket quest, but that was in 9.0 and I don't know if it's been fixed.

If I can think of any others, I'll let you know. Great mod, guys!

• The problem:
    • What is the problem? - Crashes when attempting to "Walk around the Streets" and "Visit the Saloon" happens randomly in any towns 
    • How did it happen? - I just clicked Visit the Saloon, crashed, reloaded game, tried walking around the streets crash, reported bug
    • Where were you? - It's happened in El Rio, less common in Bishop's Lodge, and El Paso, just happened in Cottonwood and I haven't been into any other cities
    • What were you doing? - Just going to sell some goods
    • Any other important details? -
    Says it's a runtime error. It only happens in the 1866 mod.
My computer:
  • Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
  • CPU - Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3GHz
  • Total Memory - 4GB RAM
  • Video Card - ASUS GTX 560Ti

As i bet some people have noticed, there's a strange "boarder" south of the Comanche territory (near Tupi Sokoobi) and north of Mexico/USA. Pathfinding seems to be really messed up around this area. Anyway, it's not a big problem for the player, but Settlers traveling from Kuhtu to La Cumbre (and other southern places I bet) have very strange pathfinding.

This is probably a pretty rare issue, unless a nation has control of both Kuhtu and La Cumbre (but not Buena Fortuna).

treegardner said:
Will this ever be available for warband?

No, never. Never ever.

Also, I was mistaken in what I said about Bounty Hunters; it's my honor, not relations  :razz:
I still think the ambushes occur too often... but getting my Spotting up to 6 with Buckskin Bill made everything more tolerable.

Hey thar!

I just encountered a bug that seems to be known from v.0.9:

On entering the village of Nadahstan a message popped up stating I had finished the 'Billy Barret's Casket' quest, although I already had finished that quest by then and didn't have a quest log entry any longer. The new quest log states the quest was completed and I should claim my reward from myself.
For the sake of completeness - I entered that village in order to find a wanted man.

Hope it helps. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom