Three Families - Map - WIP

Users who are viewing this thread

Plazek

Master Knight
This is a map I have been working on for a little while. I have wanted to make a city map ever since I made my first PW map but never got around to it until now. It is still very much a work in progress however it is getting pretty close to completion with the main structure of the map already complete. Now I am busy adding features and finishing up certain areas that are not yet complete. I do not know how long it will take for me to finish as I tend to binge work  :lol:

Anyway here is a kind of feature list I just drew up.

European District:

Mercenary guildhouse - Secureable, all factions joinable as mercenary, good quality but limited equipment purchase and production, beds, training.
Central Market - Branch, block, ore and bar stockpiles, 100% prices.
Smiths - Branch, block, ore and iron stickpile @ 120% prices, wide variety of low quality metal based weapons, wood and iron works.
Fletchers - Ore, iron, branch and block stockpile @ 120% prices, wide variety of low quality wood based ranged weapons, wood and ironworks.
Clothing market - Catering to all western needs, poor or noble alike.
Multiple sewer access points.
Sailor training at dockyard tavern.
Serf training centre near the docks (look for the branch and block stockpiles). Serf training and instant wood selling for those too lazy to go to market, lumberjack axes.
Trade route, sell resources at the highest prices! (Requires a ship)
Several houses near the shopping area.
Some trees.

Trader/Slaver District:

Mining colony, mine and sell ore here @20% prices on the stockpile. The mines owners can then buy this and take it to market for great profits.
Slaver fort with two rings, one to encompass the mine and one to encompass their keep. Training, resting, average weapon production, medium quality armours, light horses.
Hashishins guild. Sewer access.
Leathergoods and furs market, like leather jackets or a fur collar? This is for you!
Arena, with full underworks and seperate areas for each arena team to rest, train and enter the arena from. Secureable sewer access.
Slave market, right by the arena entrance and with dock access!
Faction signup centre, join the slaver faction as a serf and gain access to basic facilities.
Ability to control boat access to the rest of the canal.
A church.
Some trees.

Sewers:

Access to the entire city built around a central hub with one quarter of sewers for each district of town.
Outlaw base/s.
Secrets.

The old town: (least developed so far so more hazy)

Two districts.
Two castles. Training areas, resting areas, treasuries with chest linked to all district shops. Production areas for highest quality equipment, stockpiles at 200% prices.
Two main shopping areas. Medium quality equipment, smiths, fletchers, shieldworks etc. Stockpiles @ 150% prices.
Two sets of living areas.
Two mosques.
A dock each.
Faction signup centre each.
Fully secureable, excluding the sewers!
Slums with gang houses, cheap, low quality, pre-existing weapon stockpiles. Non-marked. Gang uniforms.
Many sewer access points.

I intend for this map to play quite differently from others. This should be evident from the fact that 90% of the map is urban! I expect people will have truoble learning their way around at first because hell, even I get a bit lost sometimes and I made it! Especially in the underground sections.

There are certain types of play that I wanted to try and promote. For example slavery, this is kind of a feature for PW since the latest patch released the cages. However I hope my mining colony will take it a step further. For example where you can sell the ore you make in the mining colony but only at a low price, if you are in the slaver faction and have slaves you can tell them they have to work until they have for example 5000g. Then if they show you this gold by handing it over to your gate guard (he can then give it back) you let him go.

But why is a slave going free and with gold?!
You ask.

Well if you buy that 20% price ore and take it to the market where you can sell it at 100% you will make 500% profit! This is a kind of slavery where everybody wins! Of course if the slaver faction does not like slaves then maybe a fee can simple be agreed on for mine access. Or they can exchange superior "old town" weapons for ore/access to ore.

Anyway that is just one example of game mechanics I have tried to create with the production of this map. There are others as well, for example you may have noticed the trade route note or the gang houses or the developed arena (Batiatus RP anyone :grin: ). I may write up further my intentions for these features or let people figure them out I am as yet undecided. Currently the FPS goes between 35fps and over 100fps depending on the area of town you are in.

Any suggestions are appreciated though they may not be heeded!
Without any further ado here is a pretty picture though it is already pretty outdated:

mb21-1.jpg

Look carefully because that is all you will see until/if I release a trailer or the map is released :razz:

this seems good for my slaver faction. The cilician Pirates. They will sorta be like the big slave trader group i guess since it is already established. BTW we just have the name pirates for the heck of it :razz:

I hope it goes well and good luck!

I am not sure what rotation means? It would be nice to have one map for one weak at least. As far as I know: map change reset money of players. It was good when players can "save" money for a weakend.

The map looks excellent
Stabbing in the streets and familys and gangs going at each other  :grin:
Im not sure about the slave system
It sounds good but if slaves make so much more money I bet people will join to make cash
Once they get all the cash they will refuse to pay their masters and the master will kill them
Then the magic word "Randoming" comes about again

The violence in the streets reminds me of rome  :smile:

But like you said bigmouth I can see that problem or mabey the opposite will happen

and no one will be a slave since there is no way of making people slaves

Idk what would happen unless we see it played out

Good looking map tho
I look forward to it

Just picture the current problem
Commoners mineing all day and scream randomer when they are killed

They have no incentive for joining a faction for protection

I bet the same will happen to the slave case
Especially with all that extra $$$ being a slave sounds like a sweet deal
Since that slave will be so rich he will become a full plated knight in no time

With the admin protecting me I aint gona pay me master  :razz:

If people were getting killed in the streets like crazy

Ya damn straight I'd pay for protection

Depends if the server had KOS bandits who also killed on sight
I forget which server did that

Other wise your right bigmouth
Criminal mind  :smile:

Any armed idiot can sit in the way of the mines in the slavers area where the majority of the mines are, and get large amount of money. On the other hand the actual ore isn't worth so much in that area. Taking in the the port will increase value.

Don't call em a slave if they get money! My plan is this,

1) loot em
2) Make em work for me for a little
3) Sell em

If we capture a lord we might ransom him. But of course the average idiot on RCC or NA thinks that Slave trading is "ilegal" and will say, "u shal diez!" and starts hitting me randomly releasng the prisoner. Hopeully this will not happen. We also dea arms on occasion! (but for a price....)

Back
Top Bottom