Day and Night (official suggestion)

Users who are viewing this thread

couth it be possible to make day and night will bring roleplay more alive bandits will only go rob at night,bla bla bla.and then torches make sense.
what i also miss is real forrests not only open area, but yhea thats just the map.

It's perfectly possible - but it require players to play Warband in dx10 or 11 ... :razz:

Also - if your suggestion is small, especially if you don't know if is possible to implement - use sticky suggestion thread...

Not possible to change the time of day while a mission is running, and not going to be added to warband by the developers. Scene makers can easily make night scenes.

Would it perhaps be able to make the server "reset" every 12/24 hours, without people loosing their money (and gear if possible), to switch for an identical map, but set in the night times?

Maybe, but I don't like the idea of resetting some things and not others: this would make the world seem less real, since a lot of the things affected by players to get their stats, money, or faction could be reset to something totally different. It would also almost certainly mess up a lot of my code, since nearly all MP related things are not saved between missions.

Perkele_JOPOTINTTI said:
Forests , Day and Night cycle = even more gamebreaking lag  :lol:

That would be so intense its not even funny. Even more awesome when you think that most of Europe was forest during the Medieval era.

Fog is covered by the weather systems that said were intentionally not added yet in the main post. I'm aware of those possible work arounds, but not sure if they are good enough.

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
I wonder what Warband would look like dx11.
Give me good c++ programmer or two and good animator, and I'll show you :razz:

To be honest - if Warband used dx11 with current dx9 level of details, it would run smother then dx7...

Perkele_JOPOTINTTI said:
Forests , Day and Night cycle = even more gamebreaking lag  :lol:

Crysis in dx10 is more playable (less lags, more fps) than PWMOD in dx9, with a lot larger and more detailed maps - optimization is the point...

There are a couple of interesting commands in Warband MS which could be used, though i've never tried them

set_skybox                                    = 2389 # (set_skybox, <non_hdr_skybox_index>, <hdr_skybox_index>), forces selected skybox for a scene, use -1 to disable

And then, you'll need to rebuild the shadows.

rebuild_shadow_map                                = 2393 # (rebuild_shadow_map),

DanyEle said:
set_skybox                                    = 2389 # (set_skybox, <non_hdr_skybox_index>, <hdr_skybox_index>), forces selected skybox for a scene, use -1 to disable
I tested that even before it was publicly released: like the time of day and rain operations, it only works in the mission template triggers called before starting, meaning that skybox and lighting changes would require a reconnect or server restart.

There are other possibilities which I have investigated, but all are likely to be complex with various drawbacks.

Back
Top Bottom