PC CRASHING PROBLEMS

Users who are viewing this thread

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
GOOD NEWS: we basically fixed most of worst bugs!!!

PLS keep in mind, though, that you need a powerfull pc for this mod. I personally have to play low video performance with my cheap pc.

Please BEFORE reporting your "bugs" here, be sure it is a REAL bug and not just something you did not like or understand.

In case of PC problems,

1st  WHEN STARTING M&B WB AND CHOOSING 1755 MOD, GO TO "CONFIGURE" AND THEN TO "HIDE BLOOD" / "ENABLE CHEATS" (they both should NOT be marked if you have PC performances problem). GO THEN TO "ADVANCED" AND CHECK IF "Enable Edit Mode" is on.
(It should be OFF for best performance)

2nd TURN DOWN ALL YOUR VIDEO SETTINGS, ALL OF THEM TO MINIMUM, BUT EXPECIALLY "TREES DETAILS" AND ANY "SHADER/SHADOWS" . Do not set to zero "Monitor Gamma" of course....or your monitor will become BLACK! :grin:

3rd  TURN TO MINIMUM "BATTLE SIZE" AND ALL POSSIBLE GAME OPTIONS, EVEN INDICATORS.

ust follow links and suggestions and is IMPOSSIBLE that you don t solve problems!
I ' d like to know who are the 14 ppl that marked down in the poll that THEY CANNOT START THE GAME!! Hah, crazy thing!!!!! :roll:
Dodes, you seem to apreciate the game, so that is why I keep on answering to you....but pls feedback, since last time I got no answer (you didn t like my joke, perhaps??)

In order to prevent the same questions from being asked over and over again, when you get a CTD or Heavy Lag:
-If it's a CTD try to explain in detail what you were doing when the crash happened. Include things such as your ingame settings and such. For the heavy lag please include your ingame settings as well as your Pc specs.

Causes
1. For Windows Vista/7 Anything above a 2 ghz processor, 2 gigs of ram, and 512mb. Windows xp is pretty much the same with a bit more leave way in terms of ram requirements. (Laptops require even more, unless its a laptop built specifically for gaming with high end specs a laptop performs horribly for gaming)

2. Having "Textures on Demand" not checked in the configure settings. (For every PC)

3. Having "Force Single Threading" not checked in the advanced settings. (Primarily for dual or quad core PC's)

4. Putting Ragdolls and Corpses to unlimited. (10 Ragdolls/40 Corpses or less is usually what you want)

5. Having your battlesizer over 200. (I suggest only going above 150 for PC's that exceed the specs I stated above)

6. Having your performance % under 100%. (The better the game looks, the slower it will run)

7. Having background programs running. (This eats up a ton of memory even if they aren't being used. Also M&B gets real anal when you alt + tab out of the game and typically crashes)

8. Having Anti-Aliasing on anything other than off/none. (For a game with graphics like M&B's this doesn't really do anything anyways, but your PC thinks it does and will still use massive amounts of video memory to try and make it work)

9. Having Edit mode selected in the advanced settings. (Only use this for debugging and never for actually playing the game)

10. You installed the mod incorrectly and screwed something up. (It happens sometimes, deal with it)

Potential Fixes

1. Battlesizer to 100 or less. (Will help performance and CTD's)

2. Video settings to "Low". (Will help performance)

3. Using Direct X7. (Looks crappy but helps low end PC's alot)

4. Use the "Start Windowed" option in settings with 800x600 resolution. (Will help performance)

5. Set max frame rate to 70. Even less, 60 or even 50!!!!! (The human eye can only see 60 fps tops anyways, and that's with perfect vision. Having it set to a high number just because your PC can do it isn't always a good idea)
I solved all my problems with this issue, and REMOVING BLOOD!!!!

6. Completely uninstall M&B and delete all files/registry files and do a fresh install. (Sometimes files become corrupted for whatever reason)

7. Turn off your networking and anti virus when you play the game, if you're using a hardcord for your networking unplug it from your PC just incase. (This will free up memory, which the game uses a ton of)

This is what I've experimented with during my time playing M&B. I personally use a 3ghz dual core, 4 gigs of ram, 2257mb video memory, and windows 7 64-bit. I never CTD, I don't lag in the battle maps with max settings and 250 battlesizer, and I have slight stutter on the World Map.

No matter how good your PC is, you will get stutter/lag on the World Map. This is due to the game's engine processing so many scripts constantly, and there is nothing you or Othr can do to fix that minus removing alot of ****.

If you are getting errors that show up with the red text, go into the notes and screen shot it then place it on the bugs board. More than likely it's an error in your installation because I have yet to see another one since this last patch.

If you get a CTD and it gives a pop-up with what caused it to crash take a screen shot of that and place it on the bugs board.
If you haven't bothered to read this far and just spam the board I'll ask Othr to just delete your post and your questions will just be ignored. As new problems/fixes are found I'll add them to the list and let you all know it's been updated.

If the game now works well, increase few things at a time, to discover WHERE your problem was.

If some problems are still there, try to solve your problem at this link http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html.

THX

Gabrilduro and his team

IMPORTANT:
[/color]

1755 OLD FRONTIER IS MADE TO RUN ONLY WITH ORIGINAL WAR BAND
UPDATED TO V. 1.134

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1.some software to help lighter pc gaming, PC running time:
Game Booster
link: http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

2.always update your VGA / Graphic Card
- for nvidia: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
- for ATI : http://ati.amd.com/SUPPORT/DRIVER.HTML

3.update the latest microsoft Visual C ++ to your PC
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package
here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=A7B7A05E-6DE6-4D3A-A423-37BF0912DB84

I dont know if where supposed to post here, but for some reason it lets me play it for 5 minutes before randomly crashing.

Any ideas? (i always use lowest settings for M&B for best performance)

Knight of will said:
I dont know if where supposed to post here, but for some reason it lets me play it for 5 minutes before randomly crashing.

Any ideas? (i always use lowest settings for M&B for best performance)
may I know your PC specs?

I have the steam version of warband, and have tried several of the fixes here.  My game keeps crashing only when I try and start a new single-player game, right when character creation is done.  I have tried some custom battles to see if it is a settings/graphical problem, but I have been able to successfully run battles with four hundred men on screen, and everything but the single-player game works. 

Charade said:
I have the steam version of warband, and have tried several of the fixes here.  My game keeps crashing only when I try and start a new single-player game, right when character creation is done.  I have tried some custom battles to see if it is a settings/graphical problem, but I have been able to successfully run battles with four hundred men on screen, and everything but the single-player game works.
reinstalling the mod should fix that.

Sadly not.  I deleted the mod files from the Modules section, re-downloaded the mod, and the problem still remained. 

Charade said:
Sadly not.  I deleted the mod files from the Modules section, re-downloaded the mod, and the problem still remained.
Ciao!
THX HUNTER for helping:wink:
Charade, that happens when you have something wrong installed, for sure.
Redownload last version, delete ALL old savegames, and reinstall v.2.8.
It HAS to work....it does for everybody.
I am sorry, man.....feedback, ok? :wink:
Gabby

Radetzky said:
i had the crashes before, thanks to this thread not anymore :smile:
......too bad you are not a nice looking girl! I would have kissed you now!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Jeeeees, some ppl just do not read or do not follow exactly our directions!
Thx for stating that, we do so much and quick assistance to players and is always nice to have ppl thanking :mrgreen:
Gabby

GABRILDURO said:
Charade said:
Ciao!
Gabby
I have the same problem and it doesn't work. The argument that Steam Warband doesn't work with mods can't be right as all my other mods are working like a charm.

Ascarona said:
GABRILDURO said:
Charade said:
Ciao!
Gabby
I have the same problem and it doesn't work. The argument that Steam Warband doesn't work with mods can't be right as all my other mods are working like a charm.
Hahahaha, hey...nice avatar!!!
Seriously, you are right. It is just more problematic, but not always.
Pls make a DETAILED list of things you did after you tuned on your PC to make our mod to work, and I will help you, ok? :wink:
Gab

GABRILDURO said:
Charade said:
Ciao!
Gabby

I have this exact same problem and did what you said. Didnt work. Im running on an Asus gaming laptop as  well and have no problems running the game normally or other mods....

EDIT: I tried at a different spot to start now. I've noticed that when I fire an arrow it crashes a s well. The original start where the crashes were was at the Brit Colonies.

Back
Top Bottom