Do you play tweaked?

Users who are viewing this thread

So your opinion based on the vocal minority rather than the content majority of those using tweaks invalidates what I said how again?

I certainly didn't call you an idiot, but if you inferred that from my post perhaps you are a little sensitive on the subject.

I am however glad that you find the game as designed to be great fun - though I'm also quite happy that you don't get to dictate what anyone else finds fun.  I suppose you have a right to call the tweakers in this thread "wusses" somehow, though I would say that the troll-shoes fit better on the instigator.

:smile:

Lord Brutus said:
Alas, no more feeding for you, lest you become too fatty-fat.

It's all good.  When you're wrong, you're wrong, no shame in it.

I like herding cows.  Zig-zag skills ftw.

I'm not big on the map size change for battles though - not sure if it is different now, but it used to mess up spawn points pretty bad on a few maps.

Lord Brutus said:
Tweak MB is, of course, there for anyone to use, but I never see it used to make games more challenging. It's your choice in single player, but IMHO major tweakers are major wusses.

Lies

I made it so that looters come in parties of 20-200 and 50 groups at once.

I mainly did it so that i wouldnt have to hunt for looters so much early on, but as a i soon found out, getting jumped by 50 looters when you have 10 recruits doesnt exactly make it "Easier."

Lord Brutus said:
Tweak MB is, of course, there for anyone to use, but I never see it used to make games more challenging. It's your choice in single player, but IMHO major tweakers are major wusses.

Wow, that's just a little judgmental don't you think? I don't really see the point in making it any easier either but I don't think any less of those who do, it is only a game after all.

Sir No0b said:
Lord Brutus said:

Wow, that's just a little judgmental don't you think? I don't really see the point in making it any easier either but I don't think any less of those who do, it is only a game after all.
Yeah, you are correct, but don't get used to it. lol. I apologize to most of those I may have offended, but in my defense, I had only one nerve left and that part about the machine crossbow got on it. Instead of firing a crossbow at 10x normal speed, why not just press "kill all" and be done with it.

Lord Brutus said:
Sir No0b said:
Lord Brutus said:

Yeah, you are correct, but don't get used to it. lol. I apologize to most of those I may have offended, but in my defense, I had only one nerve left and that part about the machine crossbow got on it. Instead of firing a crossbow at 10x normal speed, why not just press "kill all" and be done with it.

True - Tweak is a great tool - and it can enhance an already great game

But for heavens sake!! Machine crossbows!! Why not play some mindless modern shoot em up and leave the rest of us to play a grown up game.

You can of course do as you want but I'd recommend making tweaks to genuinely enhance the game rather than corrupt it.

Not that I serve as a good example but I have increased Bandit groups to 500 and slowed their spawn rate. I also reduced tax inefficiency and enabled guildmasters and tavern keepers abilities.

Try some of the ridiculous stuff yourselves. Yeah, I'd never play the game on default like that, but sometimes it just fun to mess around.

candyman said:
How do you deal with the ridiculous routing that happens when you're in big fights?
In TweakMB go to Tweaks > Miscellaneous and there you have an option to set the timer for troops to flee in battle. I have it on 5 minutes whilst the default is 45 seconds. I hate wussies running away in a fight early on :p

I am also playing with cattle following me, quest selection and set the troops fed from food from 3 to 5.

Remedius said:
But for heavens sake!! Machine crossbows!! Why not play some mindless modern shoot em up and leave the rest of us to play a grown up game.

You can of course do as you want but I'd recommend making tweaks to genuinely enhance the game rather than corrupt it. 
Somebody somewhere modding his crossbow so it fires multiple shots is ruining your experience how exactly?

Get off your horses and let people enjoy their game the way they want it.  There's no corruption, just like there's no holy path.  You guys seems to seek a sense of accomplishment by playing the hardest way possible.  Good for you if you do.  Others just seek to have plain old fun with a game.

Back
Top Bottom