Do you play tweaked?

Users who are viewing this thread

. Fearless .

Regular
I maximise battle map sizes. It takes more time to load but is immensely satisfying to battle in a larger place.

I've been thinking of whether to lower morale reduction over time and food intake. They're kind of a nuisance to me. Any thoughts?

I multiplied every ranged ammo by 10, thrown included. I like to frantically pepper my enemies with arrows (largely due to my awful aim!) and the game didn't really allow for that. There's nothing more satisfying that being at the top of a castle raining arrows down up all the scurrying little AI below.

I also turned on the convenience dialogues, such as selling prisoners to tavern keepers and selecting quests from guild masters.

Three cheers for TweakMB.

Generally while I am playing I have a pot of coffee brewing and a very large cup in front of me so yes I do get a bit tweakish while I play...

But on to what you meant...

I fit my tweaks into two categories... the first being the ones I use almost every game.

These are things like raising the party size per point of leadership to 7 instead of 5 (only gives 20 extra men at max)
Arrows/bolts to 50
All thrown to 10
Tavern keepers buy prisoners
Meet the guild master (I get lost too much to not use this)
Meet the village elder (same reason)
Decrease the time it takes to read a book to 72 hours
Battle Continuation
And thanks to the new TweakMB the select quest option (I LOVE THIS)
Increase exp from 2.0 to 4.0 (no that does not double the exp gained...)
Double the tournament bet amounts

The second list I just use for goofing off this includes things such as:
Exp set to 10.0
arrows/bolts set to 500
repeating crossbows
arrow/bolt damage increased to some random number (usually gets 100+ damage instead of 2 or 3)
not really a tweak but set all my attributes to 999... that can be really fun :grin:
set all skills to 15 max instead of 10
and my work in progress... epic armor tweak... I edit all the armors to be half the weight they currently are while offering 3x the protection... this one needs desperately to be combined with my arrow/bolt (and thrown) damage tweak above or it will take forever to kill people :grin:

You'd have to be a sadomasochist to not play with the cattle tweak...

(or just not do any quests involving cattle of course...)

. Fearless . said:
I maximise battle map sizes. It takes more time to load but is immensely satisfying to battle in a larger place.

I've been thinking of whether to lower morale reduction over time and food intake. They're kind of a nuisance to me. Any thoughts?

How do you deal with the ridiculous routing that happens when you're in big fights?

Also, fattyfat, isn't that comment in your sig directed at you? o_O

candyman said:
How do you deal with the ridiculous routing that happens when you're in big fights?
Bigger maps means enemies take a much longer time to route, giving me more time to hunt them down before they can reach the edges of the map. I usually check the map when they start to route and go towards the direction where most of them are running towards.

SpittingLlama said:

I don't know, I always thought this quest was fairly easy even without the tweaks. Just get the cattle from the nearest village.

NJSQRL said:
Generally while I am playing I have a pot of coffee brewing and a very large cup in front of me so yes I do get a bit tweakish while I play...
:grin: Bravo, sir.

The exceeding arrow said:
Battlesizer 500 men

I find that when I increase the battle size that high, it messes up sieges.  Defenders start falling off castle walls, attackers spawn inside scenery, etc.  I usually play in the 200s instead (which is not too different from the default maximum, but it's much more satisfying for me when both armies can fit entirely on the field instead of just 75% on the field).

I've decided to tweak more.

- Disabled stat loss
- Cattle follows (forgot about this)
- Increased number of troops fed per unit of food to 30 (Default = 3)
- Disabled morale loss for each hero present in party (Default = 1)
- Chance for enemy lord to escape town/castle with prison tower set to 0% (Default = 5%)
- Set relation gained with village with built school each month to 3 (Default = 1)

I couldn't find the option to reduce/disable morale loss over time. Is it not implemented?

The ability to fine-tune a game's difficulty to the extent that is possible in M&B is vastly superior to most other games.  "Challenging" is relative, and you're an idiot if you think "Challenging" for one is the same for another, particularly when the end goal is "Fun".

"Humble" Opinion.  Hah.

I see your rep as troll is well founded. Personally I find the game, as designed, to be great fun but dislike reading about how people with major tweaks on board find the game so easy, and keep your "idiot" comments to yourself, where perhaps that shoe would find a better fit.

Blackfish said:
SpittingLlama said:

I don't know, I always thought this quest was fairly easy even without the tweaks. Just get the cattle from the nearest village.

It's not just that, the guildmasters quest, and I even use cattle for besieging if I am trying to starve them out.

If he is such a troll Brutus, stop feeding him.

SpittingLlama said:
Blackfish said:
SpittingLlama said:

It's not just that, the guildmasters quest, and I even use cattle for besieging if I am trying to starve them out.

If he is such a troll Brutus, stop feeding him.
Good sir, You are correct. Enough said.

Back
Top Bottom