Einherjar Duel Tournament! [OLD THREAD - PREVIOUS EVENT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
dueltourny1.png

Hednalagen said:
If someone speaks insults to another man (”You’re not the like of a man, and not a man in your chest!” – ”I’m a man like you!”), they shall meet where three roads meet. If he who has spoken comes and not the insulted one, then he shall be as he’s been called: no right to swear oaths, no right to bear witness, may it concern man or woman.

If the insulted one comes and not he who has spoken, then he shall cry ”Niðingr!” three times and make a mark in the ground, and he is worse who spoke what he dared not keep.

Now both meet fully armed: if the insulted one falls, the compensation is half a weregild; if he who has spoken falls, insults are the worst, the tongue the head’s bane, he shall lie in a field of no compensation.

What: Einherjar Duel Tournament aka Holmgang!
When: Sunday April 17th, 19:00 GMT
Where: Einherjar Vikingr Server, Battlegrounds EU TS server
The Map:
mb40-1.jpg
mb39-1.jpg

Signing up!

Forum Name:
In-Game Name:

What it is:
The "Einherjar Duel Tournament"! will be two 16 player teams fighting 1 on 1 (best of three). The winner of the first group will face the winner of the second group, the loser being the person who comes in second. The tournament will be a "double elimination" which means, if you fight and die, you still have a chance of a come back. The server we use, the Einherjar_Holmgang, will be locked at 18.00 on the given day. The tournament however does not start until 18.30-19.00. Thus granting me the time to write up all the names, by hand, and let the stragglers the much needed time to get in and perhaps even have time for some warm up sessions.

TS Server Info
Address: IP: 62.20.172.153 or bgts3.no-ip.org, Port: 8767
General spectators are free to use the Tavern Channel, the Vikingr Channel is reserved for server admins, combatants and myself only. The channel will be locked before event time and passwords will be distributed one hour before event time.

How it is going to happen:
I will distribute TS and server passwords one hour before event time. During the time, people can spawn in, join TS, warm up, I will set up the brackets. There will be a list of alternates, if there is an alternate 1/2 hour before the event is set to start I will replace the alternate to the missing spot in Round 1. If you know absolutely that you will be there before the match, but cannot make it in the first 1/2 hour, PM me and I will save your spot. If you do not show within the last 15 minutes prior to 19:00, I will replace you.
World%2BTimes%2BZones%2BMap%2BMulticoloured%2Bwith%2B%25252B-%2Bfrom%2BUTC.gif

Server: Einherjar_Holmgang
Module: Vikingr [Vikingr module has been updated! The Tournament will use 0.80!]
Faction: Vikingr
Game Mode: Duel
Control Block Direction: Manual
Combat Speed: Medium
Map: "Holmgang"
Win by: Best of three

Rules - Obey, obey!

Weapons: Sword, Spear, two handed or one handed Axe
Shield: If you wish to use a shield, there will be a chest that you can pick a shield out of. This will be the only shield allowed during the event.
Body armor: Blue/White Linen Tunic, Red Tunic if you are out of the tournament
Head: None
Feet: Default
Hands: None
Other Weapons: No throwing spears, javelins, or throwing axes

• Kicks and punches will be allowed. 

• No fighting on the sidelines. Do not start arguments or pick fights outside the ring.

• Combatants will salute [upper block] before fighting.

• If one of the duelers is knocked down during a fight, wait until the person is standing up before resuming. 

• No rage quiting. If there is a dispute after a fight, please bring it to me and I will resolve it. Once the winner of a duel has been decided, there will be no whining or complaining in regards 
            to the outcome.  

• Please stay out of the holmgang circle unless it is your turn to duel. There is a ring of stones that marks the boundary, any who cross out of turn will be once warned and then kicked. If
            you step into the circle in the middle of a fight, you will be kicked.

• Combatants will spawn in with the Blue or White Linen Tunic. If you are out of the tournament, you will change to the Red Linen Tunic to show that you are out of the event.

• It is your responsibility to make sure the module is installed/running properly before the event. There will be no do-overs or restarts due to technical or graphical issues on your part.

• Have fun! This is the most important thing. Come with a pleasant attitude and a good axe and sword for an hour or so of epic fighting! There will be administrators on, but we are all seasoned warriors fighting in the spirit of good friendship.

April 17th, 2011 19:00 GMT

List of combatants!

[list type=decimal]
[*]Einherjar_Godnoken
[*]Shieldings_Spesh
[*]Shieldings_DamnUCorey
[*]Shieldings_Haydo
[*]MERC_cifre
[*]Comrade Temuzu
[*]King_of_Scotland
[*]Einherjar_Jarl_T
[*]WoN_Brn_Tumph
[*]WoN_Ptd_Kenty
[*] Poor_Smiley
[*]Thomas_Caravard
[*]Rasul
[*]Thorkell
[*]Shieldings_Titan_Thraell
[*]Einherjar_Davee
[*]Shieldings_Monkey
[*]Shoep/Peohs
[*]Eidridin
[*]Harald Blackbeard/Techno Viking
[*]LF_Ord
[*]LF_Lust_Gastmaker
[*]Marvv
[*]LF_Mabons
[*]Raegenhere
[*]MrNomNom
[*]Shieldings_Amon
[*]Brundruk
[*]Einherjar_Angantyr
[*]Eldwyn
[*]111111_Knedl
[*] Skellgrimm/Hermod Bloodmarked...
[/list]

List of Extras!
[list type=decimal]
[*]Einherjar_SirStart
[*]Commander_Shepard
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]

Please send me feedback. I'm always open to suggestions and critiques as long as they benefit the event as a whole. In time we plan to expand this, but for right now it only be one tournament per month.
Much thanks to our Fyrd of Lewes brothers for allowing us their training time to keep Vikingr open to the non event players. This wouldn't have happened without them, so big horn of mead to them.

Winners!

April 17th
First place: LF_Ord
Second Place: Einherjar_Godnoken
Third Place: Thomas_Caravard

Congratulations all! Thank you for showing up and being patient as we got the bugs worked out. :razz:

Hmm im not the best at dueling but what the hell..  :razz:
Forum Name: Spesh
In-Game Name: Shieldings_Spesh

I am the worst dueller in the world but what the hell sign me up. Happy to be an extra incase more seasoned duellers want the spot though, but it would be nice to watch.

Forum Name: Æthelwulf
In-Game Name: Aethelwulf

You can ignore the above, but I have just left it there for historys sake.

-Edit- Watch this space, me and Leo are dreaming up a betting system. I have passed this idea by ComingWinter in roleplay mode I'm that hardcore and she has given me the green light. So for any of those who are unable to fight due to slots being filled or are just terrible duellers like me I invite thee to spectate and make bets! I am working on a betting system to correspond with the round structure, I shall spend the next couple of days calculating odds for each leg and it shall not be dependant on player skill, that is far above my station and everything can change at a whim. So we don't fill the server chat with a tonne of hogswash I shall most likely create a Steam group that betters can join and then enter the group chat to place bets and for those few who detest Steam I will look into alternative methods. Keep an eye out here for more information as I plan it.

I ask thee ComingWinter shall I produce my own thread to see if this idea would be popular as not to take this off topic? Also this idea I have is far better than my first, that stemmed from an insane plan where everybody would join in red and stand around the circle betting torches and piling them like poker chips. The ensuing madness of people stealing "chips" brought a smile to my face but of course would ruin the entire night. I was wondering also if you would want to approve all the people who apply for spectator/better to avoid any griefers actually spawning and not remaining in spec?

Forum Name: Lord_T
In-Game Name: Einherjar_Jarl_T

Finaly The Einherjar duel tournament is back  :grin:

Looks great, unfortunatly I will most probably not be able to participate  :sad: (I have band practice on sundays)
Also quick question. GMT (Greenwich mean time) does not observe daylight savings. So if I'm correct 19:00GMT will be 20:00 UK summer time, and thus 21:00 CEST, central european summer time (zone A in the map), right?

Sunday evening is a tricky time. I surely would like to participate, but it could happen that I cant play at that time so

- Could I pop in and get a duel without signing or could i sign in, but not participate if it happens that I cant?
- Could I choose different weapons for each duel depending on opponents choice?

About the picture with the event name: new metal spears?  :shock:

Ok, just in case

In-game name:
Poor_Smiley
Forum name: STARik

expecting to be the fastest looser ever:

Forum Name: Wichtelbarbar
In-Game Name: Thorkell

I´m a bit confused about time zones and summer time. What is the named time 18:00 in Germany?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom