Clan ladder

Users who are viewing this thread

First of all, I hope this topic will be interesting for you, because i think such system MUST be in Warband. Second, all these rules could be changed by clan leaders polls, its just my view.

Ladder should provide additional interest to clan battles, and ladder allows to see the current strengths of all active clans at the moment.

example
clanladder.jpg

when clans get rating points, their banner will become higher on diagramm. Its only example, it could be done in more beautiful way later.

As you can see on the picture, right now all clans (the actual list of clans-participators) will be  posted on 5 april) have default 1400 rating (I used Elo formula method). So, it’s up to you – to prove your clan as the strongest one in Calradia.

At first, ratings won't be accurate enough but after 8-10 clan battles they would.  So to make things quicker, there is rule  - you HAVE TO play at least 1 clan battle per two weeks, opponents will be randomly chosen and given to you. BUT you aren't limited to play this single match, you are free to play 2-3  clan battles each week if you can find opponents. All these official matches will be counted in your rating.
Clan can’t play 2 matches in a row with the same clan it has to play at least 3 matches with other opponents.

Ladder match should be not less then 8*8 players, match rules - usual NPL rules.

Taking part in ladder system is VERY EASY. You should  post results of your matches not only in your clan topics but in this topic as well. I will calculate ratings myself.
I have used this info to make rating system (http://www.playmer.com/ru/articles/rating-calculation.html#elo-k-factor), but you don’t really need to worry about that. Your only concern is to play clan battles and post results in this topic.

Everyone worries that strong clans will make themselves good rating  by playing vs weaker clans. Rating system will not let  this happen. Of course, first matches vs weak clans will provide some points for strong clan (huh, because its strong clan, right?) but if it will continue trying to play only vs “low raiting” clans  then it will earn very small amounts of rating points, for example 0,5 point instead of 20 for honest match. Keep this in mind.

Clan leaders,  on Monday i will give random opponents for all clans, who will sign their participation in posts below.

Please - its only the beggining, so i cant promise a judge for each match, i hope they will go in friendly way.
Rules - usual NPL rules http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,143736.0.html

so remember the rules:
1) you will be given a random opponent to play a match vs it in two weeks. The deadline day if you cant choose other day - second sunday.
2) minimum 8 players from each clan - if you cant have 8 players during 15 minutes of match time - you should play with the number of players you have, or to get default defeat.
3) you should be friendly and respectful with other clans. Its not a tournament for millions of dollars, so dont be asses :smile:
4) you can play not only with your random opponent, but additionally  with any clans you like. But  you should have 3 matches vs other clans before to play again with same clan.
5) some match rules could be changed if both clans wants so, but if they cant find the compromise, then use only NPL rules.

Please write a form like:

1) clan name [TAG]
2) clan banner (!!! in form like in first post)
3) clan leader, and his substitute(s)
4) clan contacts (steam especially)
5) clan server (location of server)
6) clan slogan (will be slogan of ladder, till this clan is on top of ladder)

7) description of clan, literally or as you like.

Clan can mention additional roleplay ability of their clan - for example they play mathes only with one faction (sarrandids for example), or only with cava, or always -2 players then opponent, or always without helmets or smthng else. If they choose such conditions, and play with it EVERY raiting match, then it will be mentioned in the description of clan, and in ladder table.

I think that the following will be a league, we talked about it long time ago. But the league takes time make it, so first it did the Nations Cup

Personally i dont like a ladder system, it's good for friendly matches but it not for  regular system. Anyway if we do a few the noise in clanbase, we could easily a ladder.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,155996.30.html

Nice :grin: . And yes as Spainer we already discussed on this , and as  I said 2 months ago
Lord Willy said:
Well me and Kittenhuffer are  starting to put up some rules,ideas  etc for the Nations Cup 2 , and We think Nations cup should be the very next event and in  the meantime that The nations cup goes on , We'll start working on the Native Divisions League that need some times , While Kittenhuffer will finalize Calradians realms , making it ready to Host the Future Native league ... How does it sounds?
Of course we have just put up some ideas and planning and  because this will be a very  big thing, so any ideas and help is always appreciated . Tough I strongly suggest to start anyhting besides ideas etc  only after the Nations Cup , because as you can see NC is a pretty tight event , with deadlines etc , and starting the League now will really mess up everything Honestly.

So I suggest  to keep it up only with ideas for now , until NC its ended so we can start organizing it.

huh, still Ladder and League are pretty different things, i can even just take result of matches from the League and count the raitings. And after league clans can continue playing, and i will update raitings regularly.

so the clans will see their progress through all clan battles - on NPL, on Leagues and other official clan battles.

Like clans history.

Ah , didnt tought you really meant that . Then i honestly dont like the idea  , all matches have to be played on the same rules , being sure everything is regular etc , otherwise it would be  not organized as i  Would  personally like to have . I still prefer to have the Idea of the league with more divisions , in an  very organized way  etc . Kitten is already working on this from months ago , and i'm sure that it will be a great event for wb , maybe the best if it will work.

I like the idea of Ladder more than a league (well, actually we can have both) but I think we need to make it clearer before starting it.
Some english explanation on how it will be calculated is needed

I actually think a league system (8 teams per league, with several leagues) would be far better for the following reasons:

• Ladders favour activity over ability, which is a shame for competitivity.
  • A season is only 7 games long and could be played in a month and a half, with half a month downtime making a 2 month cycle. A ladder, on the other hand, would probably have to last for half a year or so.
  • A fixed system is less overbearing. If there was a ladder, most clans would want to only play ladder matches, and there would be less of a friendly scene. So matches would get a lot more serious (for example clans might kick up a fuss if players were absent etc.). Basically, there would be less scope for friendly play, if a ladder system was introduced. On the same point, additional tournaments, like the NPL would fit in more appropriately with a league system.
  • We already have the NPL results, which would indicate placements for three 8-team leagues.
  • A league system would be more transparant. There are no complex formulae behind it so there's much less complication.
  • With a ladder, teams may be pushed into inactivity more easily, as often with ladders, it becomes quickly clear that certain team's efforts are futile. With leagues, teams are pitted against others at their level, and are able to achieve, within their divisions, gaining promotion for the next cycle. I think this is much more rewarding than being shown with a number that says how good you are.

Some of you might argue that potential new clans might be punished by a league system, with divisions, whereas a ladder system would allow for teams to come and go more freely.

However, I disagree and think, infact, that it's a positive thing if new players are encourages to join existing clans. I also think that joining a ladder late is just as punishing and that the short league cycles would allow for newcomer clans to find their place, within a matter of months.

I think his is nice, but I would focus on in friendly match. Actually, these games are played just for fun, the ladders would add more competitiveness for friendly matches.

By the way, Willy. I have some ideas for the native league, but my english is very bad, like you can see. Acidd will speak for me :grin:

Yep, we talked about the rules and the league mechanics and i think that this system is more enjoyable and balanced. A ladder system is for "friendly matches" and take a look for the activity of the new clans, basically, a secondary system.

I refresh to you the memory: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,155996.30.html

I 200% support, and make all in my hands for see working this idea. I think we need a Sub-forum NOW!  :razz:

Aye Acid , I was referring to that when i talked to league :wink:

Thanks to Lust , that is a Native english speaker and can write what i think too but i'm not able to write  :razz:

It has to be something like Clan history, and not just another tournament, so I think that we need not set a time-cycles for games played. If you want to do league, results from league (from ENPL, and others Clans tournament too) can be add to the ladder, who says no? Both things can run in parallel.

The only problem is that whether Corsair wants and give advice to add this all to the ladder.

I know my english is poor

^IvE said:
It has to be something like Clan history, and not just another tournament, so I think that we need not set a time-cycles for games played. If you want to do league, results from league (from ENPL, and others Clans tournament too) can be add to the ladder, who says no? Both things can run in parallel.

The only problem is that whether Corsair wants and give advice to add this all to the ladder.

I know my english is poor

i think - to make things clear and equal for all clans,  i will add only matches only since this moment, and ofc it will be impossible for me to look at all clan topics, so i will add only results which will be posted here.
(if matches are part of league or big tourney, then i can take such results myself ofc)

The only thing i need now to make the ladder working - good clan base (20, 30 clans) and many clan battles between them.

I sent Yazleb the question to make separate subforum for ladder, but havent any answer.

2Astinus: i took chess system, it s Elo formula. think could be found in wikipedia easiely.

Clan leaders,  on Monday i will give random opponents for all clans, who will sign their participation in posts below.

Please - its only the beggining, so i cant promise a judge for each match, i hope they will go in friendly way.
Rules - usual NPL rules http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,143736.0.html

so remember the rules:
1) you will be given a random opponent to play a match vs it in two weeks. The deadline day if you cant choose other day - second sunday.
2) minimum 8 players from each clan - if you cant have 8 players during 15 minutes of match time - you should play with the number of players you have, or to get default defeat.
3) you should be friendly and respectful with other clans. Its not a tournament for millions of dollars, so dont be asses :smile:
4) you can play not only with your random opponent, but additionally  with any clans you like. But  you should have 3 matches vs other clans before to play again with same clan.
5) some match rules could be changed if both clans wants so, but if they cant find the compromise, then use only NPL rules.

Please write a form like:

1) clan name [TAG]
3) clan leader, and his substitute(s)
4) clan contacts (steam especially)
5) clan server (location of server)
6) clan slogan (will be slogan of ladder, till this clan is on top of ladder)

7) description of clan, literally or as you like.

Clan can mention additional roleplay ability of their clan - for example they play mathes only with one faction (sarrandids for example), or only with cava, or always -2 players then opponent, or always without helmets or smthng else. If they choose such conditions, and play with it EVERY raiting match, then it will be mentioned in the description of clan, and in ladder table.

1) Reyvadin Guards [RG]

2)
939b4ca47f39.jpg
3) Nezon (Gameover, Cesar, Alexander, Kenoos, Ghost)

4)
Nezon: nezon999
Gameover: gameover666999
Cesar:  warrior.cesar
Alexander: alexdesinger
5) RG_Server_RUS (Moscow)

6) **** Happens   Have Fun!

7) Our feature: we play only with Vaegirs!

1) Druzhina [DRZ]
2)
3) Zaharist (Naduril, trueten)
4) PM TW: Zaharist, Naduril, trueten. Steam: Nadiral (Naduril)
5) No public server atm.
6) Famam extendere factis
7) -may be later-

1) clan name [TAG] Défenseurs de la flamme Doudoune [DFD]
coatofarms86.png
3) clan leader, and his substitute(s) Jeanne d'Arc
4) clan contacts
Jeanne d'Arc steam : jcrocher
5)no server for now
6) Evolve simul. Concino.
7) not now ^^

1) Clan name [TAG]: Royaume de Bourgogne [RDB]
2) Clan banner (!!! in form like in first post):
tomy44request.png
3) Clan leader: Elexhirion
Substitute(s): Nubijuki, Tomy44
4) Steam (Diplomate): TomyLG44
5) FR_RDB_clanserver (26 slots) hosted in Paris, France.
6) Du sang, de la sueur et des larmes.
7) - later -

Can't you wait the end of the nations cup for starting the ladder? Actually many clans might find hard to play clanmatches while their top players are busy with the tournament

Back
Top Bottom