Swadian Role Play Server Launched! -Old Thread-

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Swadian Roleplay Server Thread Here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,197344.0.html

finished.png

Site - Forums - Role Play Wiki - Steamgroup

Hey everyone! We're late, but we're here! After a few months of extra work we managed to throw in a lot of more features to really make the best possible setup of scripts and everything to get started. Our server is open, and it's called: Swadian_Role_Play_Server. It's time to dive into a world of dynamic and creativity, a world of role play in Mount & Blade Warband. Even though our role play server is 100% Warband Native compatible, you can download the following Visual Expansion Pack to have a better visual experience (involving weather and daytime, and various other effects). We are doing our best to make our visual expansion pack compatible with most of the popular native client modifications to make it easyer for the player. Click a link below to download:

Notice: The Default Native version is ready for download, the version compatible with Vincenzo's Admin Tools will be ready soon.

The last bugs are almost fixed, server will be re-opened before friday. Follow the progress here: http://www.t-k-o-s.info/forum/index.php?topic=1602

So what is this?
This is the thread that announces the actual release of the long awaited Swadian Role Play Server. In this server we run a heavily modified verison of the duel mode script of which the features allowe a player to experience medieval life in Calradia by role playing within the set guidelines and scenario that have been created by our community admins. You join the server, register your character, and jump right into the role play. Think of features such as an extensive inventory, economy system, jobs, buying/owning of houses, farming, mining, fishing, smithing, area chat and much much more. (For a full feature list, click here). The server runs a gigantic map that takes over an hour to explore entirely. Now you are probably thinking, all of this in Native Warband? The answer is simply yes. You do not have to download a mod to play on our sever, you can just hop on native and connect.

And what is the story about?
The scenario of this server is set in the warband lore in the 13th century. The map is a fictional border region to the south of the Lvenn river which the Rhodok want to take back from the Kingdom of Swadia. During the conflict between these superpowers the inhabitants of the lands try to stay alive and make a living, some even try to go for riches and fame. What path will you choose?

Sweet! So how do i get started?
You could dive right into the server but if you do so there is a big chance you won't know what to do. That is why it's strongly advised that you read this starters guide to ensure that you will not run into any problems. This guide tells you exactly what you need to know. Two other useful things to do are printing the command list and registering on our forum

And this won't be one of those complain fests where everyone breaks the rules but no one does anything about it?
We did our very best to let the scripts ensure that griefers and troublemakers will quickly get bored on our server, and besides that we have a strong admin team with very capable and experienced administrators. At their hands is an admin system we are truly allowed to call majestic: An extensive logging system (that records every single player action or chat message in the server) and very acessable and easy to use admin system ensure that the admin work is as easy as possible and that 100% of the reported problems will be brought to a good end, while we keep the stress levels for our admin low. Ofcourse things may start off with a bit of a bump in the road here and there, but things will very quickly balance out.

How will this work on the long term?
First off: upto a certain extent, the life and economy are entirely dynamic in the server. Given the right circumstances any player can get any job from Peasant to Swadian Lord or Assasin, these jobs can be changed at any time. No one will be permanently filling up a certain position, everything is open to change. However to ensure we start of well we gave the positions with power (Highest Swadian/rhodok lord, City Guard Chief and the like) to people that prove themselves capable in the eyes of the admin team. They will be starting up the organisation and management of the various factions and organisations that will greatly influence the storyline in our role play server, and will occasionally initiate events within the organisations. In the meantime we do our best to educate the community on how to pefectly fulfill such a role, so that the stick may be passed on to other players. The organisation leaders and adminstrator team carefully plan all these events to ensure desired effects and add even more dynamic to the role play. If we cought your interest, click below to get started...

Credits
Lord Blueberry - Project Leader, Concept development & Web structure.
Lord Gulos - Godlike Scripter, who wrote every single line of script involved in this project himself (php/c++/warband/javascript/ajax), without him i would just be a clanleader with weird ideas.
Raizio - Over one third of my lifetime free dedi server hosting! Thanks Rai!
Vincenzo - Support and his endless wealth of warband modding knowledge.
Cmpxchg8b - WSE for the damn win, saved us the trouble of having to make it ourself, and he even added features on request!
Karathorn - Chuck Norris reincarnated as community admin.
Repel - Always there to admin with his expertise when i need him :grin:
Servitor - Lekker bakkie koffie jongeke.
Zonox - 4 am testing sessions hell yeah.
Szaaf - Thanks to his 400 euro donation we had our new server much faster then expected!
Drake - If details is what you want, drake is the guy you ask.
Superlagg - Inspiration!
TaleWorlds Team - Thanks for giving us the best game ever made!

Our testers: Redworah, Rambo, Metsatoll, Anden, Theretor, Stig, Sade, Eternal, Zake, Mannerheim, Grakor, Puncky, Sauron/MTW, Faith, Dane, Mordgrim, Jazora, Aldro, Dravic, Greyson, Kmo, Flourish, Ulrick, Yldrania, Bgfan and Charxy.

And a thanks to the haters too, without hate there would not be love.

First post updated with the most recent information.

The last bugs are almost fixed, server will be re-opened before friday. Follow the progress here: http://www.t-k-o-s.info/forum/index.php?topic=1602

Original forum post: http://www.t-k-o-s.info/forum/index.php?topic=1720.0

Hey guys!

The bug fixing is done, the script is finished. We're scheduled to re open April 22nd, 6pm UTC (click here to see what that is in your timezone). There have been many many updates to the server besides the bugfixes, many features have been optimised and improved, and besides that the server is running on our new monster dedicated server machine, so serverside performance should be at its very best.

Another very important update that has been made, is to the Command List, there have been various commands added and changed, for a full printer friendly overview of all commands click here, it is definetly reccomended to print this out for easy access to all commands right from the start. However you can also use the in-game /help chat command.

To those of you unfermiliar with this project, or those of you who want to fresh up their memory about the everything can find all the info they need by clicking here.

Be there or be square!

IMO - way too complicated. Warband never had a "discovery new land" feature - visual engine is mediocre, textures are horrendous - the main game's feature is bringing death to your enemy in various possible and not ways. Finding places you never heard about is more irritating than exciting - and even is quite tiring after getting answer "find it yourself lol" from admins, who are supposed to help new players.  Though I praise devs for such amount of work, but for this map to be playable there should be much, much more players. Also map is TOO big. I just can't meet anyone.
Update: After 10 minutes it became so boring and utterly tedious that i had to left. TO be honest, this mod is nowhere to compare with PWmod. While the last is less complicated but it's much easier for a new player to grasp basics and begin playing. Also, it's much more interesting. Your mod has sacrificed playability for the "realism". :neutral:

Lol - Admins are kinda... retarded? I mean, i was exploring mines and bandits attacked me. I kill them with scythe - some retard admin without any reason "warning you for the last time"! I ask him - and what the hell should i do with bandits? Dance with them? Admin answers me nothing (oh, yeah, he told me something about - RP. What RP? They are rushing me and trying to kill me - should i just stand here and do nothing?) - after a while bandit attacks me and i had to kill him. Admin banned me. WTF? Is it how you treat new players? Ignoring them and banning them? Lol, that won't make your reputation any better  :lol:

OH, BTW, i just noticed there are much unban themes on Swadian guy's forum - lol, with such attitude, your project will be pretty much empty by couple of weeks  :mrgreen:

Faegrin said:
IMO - way too complicated. Warband never had a "discovery new land" feature - visual engine is mediocre, textures are horrendous - the main game's feature is bringing death to your enemy in various possible and not ways. Finding places you never heard about is more irritating than exciting - and even is quite tiring after getting answer "find it yourself lol" from admins, who are supposed to help new players.  Though I praise devs for such amount of work, but for this map to be playable there should be much, much more players. Also map is TOO big. I just can't meet anyone.
Update: After 10 minutes it became so boring and utterly tedious that i had to left. TO be honest, this mod is nowhere to compare with PWmod. While the last is less complicated but it's much easier for a new player to grasp basics and begin playing. Also, it's much more interesting. Your mod has sacrificed playability for the "realism". :neutral:

Lol - Admins are kinda... retarded? I mean, i was exploring mines and bandits attacked me. I kill them with scythe - some retard admin without any reason "warning you for the last time"! I ask him - and what the hell should i do with bandits? Dance with them? Admin answers me nothing (oh, yeah, he told me something about - RP. What RP? They are rushing me and trying to kill me - should i just stand here and do nothing?) - after a while bandit attacks me and i had to kill him. Admin banned me. WTF? Is it how you treat new players? Ignoring them and banning them? Lol, that won't make your reputation any better  :lol:

OH, BTW, i just noticed there are much unban themes on Swadian guy's forum - lol, with such attitude, your project will be pretty much empty by couple of weeks  :mrgreen:
You want people killing other people with a tiny bit of pretending to be roleplaying->PWMod is the choice for you  :lol:

Faegrin said:
It was a bot bandit. Not a player  :roll:
Kinda fail idea. Making from an action-fighter-medieval game an RP.
Now that's....interesting, lol.
If you still want to play post a ban appeal on their forums and calmly explain what happened to either the admin that banned you or Blueberry himself.
The BOLD part: People turned GTA San Andreas into the biggest roleplaying community on the internets, and I suppose you know what GTA San Andreas is.
For reference: www.ls-rp.com

Surely, you can do it - pretty much everything can be done in this world  :lol: But i find it much more interesting to RP in DnD game or GURPS, or other specially created for RP settings and games.
We had some RP in Russian community... well it was fail. Players just can't play without a certain role or a certain quest (task) for a long time. After that we decided to make 2 hours RP session with plot and predetermined character roles. The game lasted 5 sessions and it was great fun. We used Mumble and special map.
But creating persistent map with 24-h RP gameplay on Warband engine?  :roll:

P.S. I am sure they had to spend LOT of time and LOT of efforts to make some RP for GTA. I don' think it was worth it.

Well, the idea interested me, but i amn't really sure that i want to play it again. Map is horrible. Interface is messy and not comfortable for use. Ofc, ofc, no one keeps me, i can just shut up and gtfo  :mrgreen:

1. Learn to give constructive criticism
2. Never rage at developers who are providing a RP-server for free after months of hard work, if you don't like it just don't play it.

When you have mastered these two rules sire, then you will be truly great!

GTFO I say to him. If you don't like it, don't play it, and don't lecture the developers because they mad something they wanted to. Not liking a game is okay, but not liking it and then telling the people they should never have done it is retarded.

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
He didn't rage, he gave plenty of reasons.

yes he did, he even admited it in the swadia forums

Not liking a game is okay, but not liking it and then telling the people they should never have done it is retarded.

especially if its for free, something some people have a hard time to understand.

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
GoldFingero said:
Suspicous Pilgrim said:
He didn't rage, he gave plenty of reasons.

yes he did, he even admited it in the swadia forums

In that case, he raged and gave plenty of reasons.

no, it was said in a insulting tone and not really constructive. Sorry pilgrim is this some personal vendetta? Because having such a attitude about something made by people in their free time as a hobby is ****ing retarded.

and I just noticed I got dragged into a pointless trollish discussion that will bring nothing positive. Congratulations.

GoldFingero said:
1. Learn to give constructive criticism
2. Never rage at developers who are providing a RP-server for free after months of hard work, if you don't like it just don't play it.

When you have mastered these two rules sire, then you will be truly great!

1. The definition "constructive criticism" is quite vague. Somehow people have wrong idea, that if one spent "months of hard work" everyone MUST praise them for their work and NEVER (!!!!) NEVER say a single bad word. Surely i raged because admin banned me for no reason (at least i don't even know why did he ban me - talk about adequacy and efficiency. If i don't know why did he ban me, i might do it next time - fail admin  :roll:), but i truly believe that the map is too big and not balanced. I don't find it interesting to waste lot of time to find some village. There is no presence effect. I don't believe that i am living in real world - neither towns nor scenes could convince me. To put it bluntly - it's boring. Totally.
Though the scripts are really good. It might be a breakout in Warband modding. I hope we will see some better perfomance with the same idea.
2. Ok.

Faegrin's 'raging' is irrelevant. He is correct.

Upon joining the server and exploring a bit, I was attacked. I defend myself, end up killing the unknown attacker and get kicked. Trying to rejoin the server resulted in an immediate ban.

Maybe you need to re-evaluate who or whatever is in charge or all this nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom