Imperium Romanum (Brytenwalda Submod)OLDTHREAD

Users who are viewing this thread

Well then I must be encountering a bug because I have spent literally a good hour checking each tavern for them.

Harmonian said:
Well then I must be encountering a bug because I have spent literally a good hour checking each tavern for them.

They appear when you have high renown I think and or when your a lord. Same with special merchants they only appear when your renown is high.

Harmonian said:
Trust me when I say I have both high renown and honor.

No idea, I did not make any changes to spies maybe its because I edited the script but I did not change anything besides how many recruits you get per village. I played the same version last week and I hired me some spies  stop looking for them and just play you'll run into them eventually.

Well over ten hours of play and I couldn't find any so I'm just starting up another file.

Nice to know they're in the game though.  Bah this is really frustrating.  Why is it I can't find any of them?

I feel so foolish.  Up until Roma I had played as a bandit but, having the Roman Legion at my disposal, decided to be an honorable fighter.  I hadn't realized that the only reason I could find bandits in Bryten was because I had negative honor.

Sorry for causing such a hullabaloo.

Possible bug, I put a garrison of eighty troops in a village and when it got raided none of them were dead/wounded once the village came back online.

Hi, I enjoy your sub-mod so far (big thx for making throwing weapons and spear decents !)

I don't know if you already know it but the Hastati and the Auxilia Cohors I are set as archers by default (was painful >.<). And Romans are displayed as Jutes in the "View Upgrade trees" (minor thing though). Roman equipment has no armor penalty (from the mod options). Companions have (at start) 44 strength o_o

For the poll, lol maybe it's not as simple as that :grin:  a-) I'm a good guy b-) I'm a moron.
Yes I still think that experienced troops should have more hp than lower tier but not as much as it is now.

Now if I may suggest a few things.
I find the font a little aggressive. It's like reading a shouting psycho! Well maybe not but you get the point ^^". Make it a bit smaller ? Please :p
Imo armor value shouldn't be above 40-45, top and high tier troops become quite invincible when facing lower tier (seriously seeing legionary tanking and killing 7-8 brytenwalda looter is quite fun... for a time). I know it's a lot of work and a lot of it is from brytenwalda so I can't expect too much from you on this one.

Well that's it for the moment good job and keep it up !

EDIT : I knew I forgot something... Well it's about companions, there's already an import/export thing but there's so many town that when starting a new game it takes forever to get them back in your party... Could you add a cheat or something ? I know I ask for much... But still i'd enjoy it !

Fusei said:
Hi, I enjoy your sub-mod so far (big thx for making throwing weapons and spear decents !)

I don't know if you already know it but the Hastati and the Auxilia Cohors I are set as archers by default (was painful >.<). And Romans are displayed as Jutes in the "View Upgrade trees" (minor thing though). Roman equipment has no armor penalty (from the mod options). Companions have (at start) 44 strength o_o

Hastati and Cohors I are archers because if they are not thier thrown weapons will not appear all the time just at random. Companions 44 is intentional so they dont suck but that can be changed dont know if I will do it maybe I change companion STR to 34.

Fusei said:
For the poll, lol maybe it's not as simple as that :grin:  a-) I'm a good guy b-) I'm a moron.
Yes I still think that experienced troops should have more hp than lower tier but not as much as it is now.

Yes exactly I want people to vote for what I want , because I do want all troops to have same HP I don't know if its the best option need to test it.

Fusei said:
Now if I may suggest a few things.
I find the font a little aggressive. It's like reading a shouting psycho! Well maybe not but you get the point ^^". Make it a bit smaller ? Please :p
Imo armor value shouldn't be above 40-45, top and high tier troops become quite invincible when facing lower tier (seriously seeing legionary tanking and killing 7-8 brytenwalda looter is quite fun... for a time). I know it's a lot of work and a lot of it is from brytenwalda so I can't expect too much from you on this one.

What font ? and yes I am very aggressive. Roman armor should be better then anything Britons had at the time or Roman armor should be 40-45 but Britons have to be half naked as they were in real life.

Fusei said:
EDIT : I knew I forgot something... Well it's about companions, there's already an import/export thing but there's so many town that when starting a new game it takes forever to get them back in your party... Could you add a cheat or something ? I know I ask for much... But still i'd enjoy it !

Just use cheat system already included in the game and teleport to any town you want, to check for companions . I for one do not much care about companions never hire them.

Harmonian said:
Possible bug, I put a garrison of eighty troops in a village and when it got raided none of them were dead/wounded once the village came back online.

Report it at Brytenwalda bug post , Its not a Roma bug .

When talking about the font I was refering to this :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
It's as if all was written while caps lock. It's imo a bit aggressive but that's a minor thing.

For the armor thing : I agree with the roman > briton idea but what I mean't was that armor value are too high (65 for the wolf lorica for example or 60 for the legionary segmentata). It translates into 10 low tier guys not able to kill (or hardly) a single high/top tier guy. Not very realistic isn't it ? I was thinking of something like 30-35 body armor value for mail, lorica and such and 40-45 for plates (romans).

Thx for the teleport trick !

[ EDIT for bellow : Yeah that's what I mentioned in my previous post, most of the armor are from native Brytenwalda not your sub-mod. Having to edit all that stuff by yourself is indeed, harsh. ]

Fusei said:
When talking about the font I was refering to this :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
It's as if all was written while caps lock. It's imo a bit aggressive but that's a minor thing.

For the armor thing : I agree with the roman > briton idea but what I mean't was that armor value are too high (65 for the wolf lorica for example or 60 for the legionary segmentata). It translates into 10 low tier guys not able to kill (or hardly) a single high/top tier guy. Not very realistic isn't it ? I was thinking of something like 30-35 body armor value for mail, lorica and such and 40-45 for plates (romans).

Thx for the teleport trick !

Yes well armor needs to be tested, I hardly had any time to test . I don't feel like adjusting all armor just Roman, kind of balance Roman armor against everything else so I don't need to edit 400 armors.Also Roman legio and proetorian armor is heavy so you wont be running around in it as much especially with the heavy scutum.

Regarding the large font Sigma did that and I dunno why , I dont like it myself nor do I know how to change the font size but I can find out I guess.

Vympel said:
icedz said:
Is 1.8 being released today? Sunday 3rd April?  :eek:  :grin:

If you believe anything is possible , or so I hear.
Will santa come this chrismas?? It didn't come the last 21 so Im starting to worry that santa indeed does not exist. My mom dosn't what to say anythig!! nor my girlfriend, but I tell ya' if santa doesn't exist so neither I!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On another note, Im specting the next version with a lot of imapicience! :razz:... love your mod an the fact that you made polished landscapes optional it allowsme biger battles!

Is it possible to get a list of what factions are what religion? Im having a hard time finding the Pagans, its like all villages are dominated by the Christian religion. I'd like to make a Pagan Kingdom, and id like to know where to start :smile:

Palle said:
Is it possible to get a list of what factions are what religion? Im having a hard time finding the Pagans, its like all villages are dominated by the Christian religion. I'd like to make a Pagan Kingdom, and id like to know where to start :smile:
In native brytenwalda town owned by mierce (yellow) are pagans (not 100% sure).

Fusei said:
Palle said:
In native brytenwalda town owned by mierce (yellow) are pagans (not 100% sure).

But none in the roma britannia?

When you go to any village it tells you what religion they are , 1.8 is gonna be out shortly anyways.

Vympel said:
When you go to any village it tells you what religion they are , 1.8 is gonna be out shortly anyways.
Did you take religion out right?... good, could you implement culture?.
Is the same you only need to change the names and maybe quit a few of them and the christian priest in the world map as a unit.
So you could represent different cultures, and you will have to change the name of the building church to something like "roman auxilia barracs", the character is supposed to be roman anyways.
Just asking though... you could coment on what you are planning!

Back
Top Bottom