SP Antiquity [WB] Shadows in the Desert - An Ancient Middle East Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Indeed! Get a playable release by summer... and... with all the summer vacationers... this mod may make MOD OF THE YEAR.  With what I've seen of it, I'd like this mod to get a lot of publicity... great idea, great concept (great screenshots so far).

Also, you will get a lot of summer-gamers play testing.

I wish I knew enough about the module system in order to help. The only thing I can feasibly offer at my current skill level is research (and in more ways than most people think that term means), but that is not at all useful for a mod beyond the initial stages. Not to mention the research already provided has been top notch.

That said, I will offer moral support. And also if I can learn the module system (and use it well) before this is released, I'll definitely offer to help in whatever way I can. This mod has come way too far for it not to be seen to completion.

Never offer helping with research when Cozur's around :lol: :lol: :lol:

In my usual style I'll tell you that the easiest way to contribute to the mod is... scening. :lol: But seriously, it takes a few hours to learn and perhaps a few weeks to master, and it's extremely demanded - both content-wise (unique locations are needed in tonns for every mod!) and as the most time-consuming work to alleviate the devs with. :wink:

Nordous said:

The difference being that my knowledge in regards to research is more than just posting pictures from osprey books (as interesting as they are). I've studied Bronze Age Greece and Anatolia in some fairly considerable depth. But I also realize that most of the research stages are done, and that new stuff likely wouldn't help the mod.

In my usual style I'll tell you that the easiest way to contribute to the mod is... scening. :lol: But seriously, it takes a few hours to learn and perhaps a few weeks to master, and it's extremely demanded - both content-wise (unique locations are needed in tonns for every mod!) and as the most time-consuming work to alleviate the devs with. :wink:

I've not done much scene making myself. But I suppose it's another avenue I'm going to have to go down on in my aim of making my own mod, might as well learn now and potentially help out along the way. Thanks for the suggestion.

ThegnAnsgar said:
I wish I knew enough about the module system in order to help. The only thing I can feasibly offer at my current skill level is research (and in more ways than most people think that term means)

Nordous said:
In my usual style I'll tell you that the easiest way to contribute to the mod is... scening.

Combine the two :razz: use your vast knowledge of things and stuff to create accurate scenes

ThegnAnsgar said:
Nordous said:

The difference being that my knowledge in regards to research is more than just posting pictures from osprey books (as interesting as they are). I've studied Bronze Age Greece and Anatolia in some fairly considerable depth. But I also realize that most of the research stages are done, and that new stuff likely wouldn't help the mod.

I've not done much scene making myself. But I suppose it's another avenue I'm going to have to go down on in my aim of making my own mod, might as well learn now and potentially help out along the way. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sure. I'll be happy to help along the way. Check the thread in my signature to start with - there's anything you'd ever want to know about scening.

Parrot said:
Combine the two :razz: use your vast knowledge of things and stuff to create accurate scenes

And that's a brilliant statement. As I see it, scening takes more of imagination, knowledge and general artistic taste than any programming skills. Once you have good knowledge and vision of the locations you design you're scenes should be decent.

The Bronze age scenes, however, will almost certainly require special approach and special props. But that's a very interesting task for a devoted person.

ThegnAnsgar said:
Nordous said:

The difference being that my knowledge in regards to research is more than just posting pictures from osprey books (as interesting as they are). I've studied Bronze Age Greece and Anatolia in some fairly considerable depth.

How would you put this vast pool of knowledge to use?

Cozur said:

Well, I've decided to take Nordous' suggestion of learning how to create scenes, so that would be the primary place, although obviously I'll have to get good at doing that before hand. Unless there are other aspects which are lacking in knowledge of Greece and Anatolia (army composition, common weapon usage of troops, etc.)? I would have thought most of that would be settled on given Sahran's previous work and knowledge in that area.

ThegnAnsgar said:
Cozur said:

Well, I've decided to take Nordous' suggestion of learning how to create scenes, so that would be the primary place, although obviously I'll have to get good at doing that before hand. Unless there are other aspects which are lacking in knowledge of Greece and Anatolia (army composition, common weapon usage of troops, etc.)? I would have thought most of that would be settled on given Sahran's previous work and knowledge in that area.

If at least he can get good refs for authentic Bronze age settlements it would be a good research for scening. Myself, for example, I often lack good research on medieval sites.

Cozur said:

While you are mostly correct about research(as I have said earlier in the thread), you don't have to be a douche to other people. If the comment was not defined in the area of "Sarcasm", disregard my post.

Back
Top Bottom